Deaf

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Deaf

Postby ebaker » July 13th, 2005, 11:11 am

I'm deaf in my left ear and I was woundering wether or not it affects me going into a trance or listening to the files?
ebaker

Postby Lord_Mizaru » July 13th, 2005, 12:23 pm

I see no reason why it would...
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Deaf

Postby sandy82 » July 13th, 2005, 12:39 pm

Let me start with a disclaimer. I'm no otorhinolaryngologist (earnosethroat-ologist) and I'm no neurologist.

That said, I don't think that being deaf in one ear will impair your innate ability to go into trance. IOW, your neurological pathways are probably just as susceptible to trancing as anyone else's.

However, to the extent that some hypnosis files have "stereo" tracks for the left and right ears (and the file itself often has a voice at the outset urging you to use headphones), then the access to your own neurological pathways will be more limited than the actual technology of the file would otherwise permit.

The good news is that most of the files on this site, as originally recorded, do not contain obvious "stereo" programming. Some of the newer subliminal files may contain such features.

Various types of recording pose obstacles. Some subliminal files, for example, use high-pitched voices for the subliminal messages. Many people can't hear those high frequencies (consciously or subconsciously), especially some who have seen active-duty military service.

I added the phrase "consciously or subconsciously" on purpose. These days, an audiologist can record the sounds transmitted via headphones and actually received by the subject (either with an MRI scan or, less accurately, with an EEG). The results can show that no auditory signals are being internally processed above, say, 18,000 kHz.

Short answer: monaural files shouldn't present you with any unforeseen difficulties.

ebaker wrote:I'm deaf in my left ear and I was woundering wether or not it affects me going into a trance or listening to the files?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » July 13th, 2005, 4:12 pm

I agree completely with Sandy82 on this. Just make your stereo output go mono, and your experience will be just as good as that of anybody else. IMHO subliminal files are a big questionmark. I won't say flat out that they don't work at all, but I do think that you would have to hear them for much longer time than a straight induction to get something. Somebody prove me wrong. But maybe my prejudice is due to being a bit deaf myself? (Not deaf as such, but a bit hard of hearing.

But as long as you relax and listen, you are just as likely to be able to go into trance as anybody else.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files