why will this file not play on my ipod

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

why will this file not play on my ipod

Postby MrLes » February 18th, 2009, 9:10 am

I downloaded the indcution file by jekket...normally, what I do so I can listen to them whenever I want, I load them onto my ipod, but for some reason I can't get his to load on my ipod, but it will play on my computer . please help
MrLes
Regular
Regular

Re: why will this file not play on my ipod

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » February 18th, 2009, 10:20 am

MrLes wrote:I downloaded the indcution file by jekket...normally, what I do so I can listen to them whenever I want, I load them onto my ipod, but for some reason I can't get his to load on my ipod, but it will play on my computer . please help

Have you verified the file extension?

After completing a file download from the WMM site, I recommend verifying that the file name ends in .mp3

If the file name doesn't end in .mp3, it's easy to correct (Windows).
    - In "My computer", explore. Find the file that you downloaded.
    - Right-click on the file name. A menu is displayed
    - Within the menu, click "Rename".
    - On your keyboard, tap the <End> key.
    - Correct the file extension to .mp3

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Re: why will this file not play on my ipod

Postby EMG » February 18th, 2009, 9:46 pm

Another posibility is that the level of compression used on the file is somehow incompatible with your iPod.

I know that was a problem in the early days of mp3 players and is why I have up one level of compression for my files(everyone complained).

See if it will play on your computer, if it does but doesn't work on your ipod then it needs recompressed at a different bit rate.

MrLes wrote:I downloaded the indcution file by jekket...normally, what I do so I can listen to them whenever I want, I load them onto my ipod, but for some reason I can't get his to load on my ipod, but it will play on my computer . please help
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrLes » February 19th, 2009, 8:29 am

lol...ok ...I will gice that a try...honestly I didnt know you could do that ...thanks guys
MrLes
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files