Hidden intentions

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Hidden intentions

Postby Score_Under » April 21st, 2009, 3:43 pm

Could someone please place a warning on all of the more "underhanded" files, or make a list? This includes all files with triggers not declared in their description. I do not want any lasting effects, and recently saw bubble induction listed in the curse removal list :roll:

I also don't want to have to trawl through all the files with Audacity...
I just want temporary files, nothing that will mess with me.

Yes, paranoia. But you really can't blame me, with all these silly hypno- and BDSM- fetish MP3s.
Score_Under
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » April 21st, 2009, 4:32 pm

You already have the filter - your mind.If there is something sinister or something you dont like then your mind will ignore it.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Zombie_Genocide » April 21st, 2009, 9:23 pm

whatthe75 wrote:You already have the filter - your mind.If there is something sinister or something you dont like then your mind will ignore it.

What He said. I'm not an expert, but I think The whole concept of "Wanting the changes" Does not change once you reach trance. Which, I think is what "resisting" files is. Most of the time, you resist, if i'm correct, is because your not !00% sure you want it. Those files that help the resistant go under are made so you stop caring, or reasure you that what you really want. Even then, there made to only secure that last 10% of your doubts that hold you back. They can't, however, make you eliminate your doubts of something you absoulutely don't want, because you KNOW you don't want it.

If you reach that point, and theres a suggestion you don't like, I don't know, but i think you will either snap out of trance, or just ignore it. I don't know on that part.
Zombie_Genocide
Regular
Regular

Postby User517 » April 22nd, 2009, 3:26 am

I'm no expert, but generally it's a good idea to avoid all files which deal with content you are not comfortable with, or which aren't well explained.

Although it's true that hypnosis will not work unless you are willing to do what is asked, the degree that it does not work can vary quite a bit between persons. Some files even try to make your own attempts to resist or refuse the suggestions work to the goal of the file. Also, depending on the wording of the suggestion, although the end result may be something you will reject, bits and pieces may still have an effect, and as a result, after repeated listening may still end up bringing about those unwanted changes. Most people don't snap out of trance because some things were said that they object to, they simply just don't allow those suggestions to have an effect. Hypnosis can't make you do anything that you don't want to do outright, but can, over time make you come to be more willing to do those things that you refused to do before.

You should probably always go through anything you download, listen to just the body without the induction, or even listening to a generic awakener before hearing any part of the file just to make sure you are in an aware state. This is kinda common sense unless you don't care since you never know everything that is in the file. Even some files which are triggers, or not designated as "curse" files can have effects which linger after triggering, or occasionally show up without the trigger.

If all else fails, create yourself a little 10-15 phrase mantra to repeat a few times over establishing your own power over yourself, where you state to yourself that you are the only voice you trust. Where suggestions made by others, which you do not consciously agree to are to be ignored (not resisted, not refused, just ignored). Where you state that only you know who you are, and only you are capable of changing who you choose to be. And that you like who you are, like who you want to be, and will make your own decisions. Adding in some choice words about whoever the author of the file you are going to be listening to can also help. Then read it to yourself 4 or 5 times before listening to a file, and then again, 4 or 5 times after listening to the file. The basic idea is to create your own little bit of mind training that makes you even more confident in your own ability to make the right decisions for yourself. Acknowledge that no unwanted change will happen because only you can decide what changes will occur. Then establish serious distrust about any suggestions made by the speaker of the file, and probably, in time, some severe dislike of that person.

Granted, the method above is a rather extreme step, and may make it impossible to even go under trance with that person, but should also prevent any suggestions from taking root unless you consciously decide to let them.

As far as listing trigger words, this isn't a very good idea since sometimes reading these words can cause them to trigger.
User517
Regular
Regular

Postby zapnosis » April 22nd, 2009, 11:11 am

Hey, Score_Under. I appreciate your concerns. I tend to avoid saying "it can't be done" when it comes to psychological trickery because often enough "it" can be done, if you are prepared to go to the lengths required. Fortunately I seriously doubt you will have much trouble with unwanted effects on this site - devious files tend to be well labelled. But I understand, you want to be 110% sure, right? Well, apart from using Audacity as you mentioned, I can only suggest that you grab a premium membership and download and check through the "script" of a file before downloading it. Oh and rather obvious I know, but avoid files which mention having subliminal messages in them.
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Score_Under » April 22nd, 2009, 12:47 pm

User517 wrote:As far as listing trigger words, this isn't a very good idea since sometimes reading these words can cause them to trigger.

Hm, I did notice one induction sequence I listened to had a trigger that specifically stated it could be activated online. It would be really odd if that did happen, someone accidentally saying the keyword on Skype or other places... I wonder if it would be easy to wake up instantly.

Oh, and this file seems very interesting:
http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Files&file=Comment&fid=262
Could this deactivate itself?
If not, is there any way to modify it so that it would be so?

As I said before, I'm not looking for lasting effects (except for deeper trances, that can stay ;) ) from any files. Triggers are OK as long at they're described before downloading and are non-obvious (to avoid accidental triggering).

zapnosis wrote:devious files tend to be well labelled. But I understand, you want to be 110% sure, right?

That I do. Especially after learning about the bubble induction, which I'm rather disappointed about as I was informed that it was one of the best inductions out there.
Score_Under
Regular
Regular

Postby Follower » April 22nd, 2009, 3:46 pm

zapnosis wrote:devious files tend to be well labelled. But I understand, you want to be 110% sure, right?

That I do. Especially after learning about the bubble induction, which I'm rather disappointed about as I was informed that it was one of the best inductions out there.[/quote]

Dude, no one's going to say the bubble induction trigger word unless you tell them to say it. Just go ahead and listen to it, I say. It's a great induction, and you'll be safe as long as you keep your mouth shut.
Follower
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » April 22nd, 2009, 6:24 pm

User517 wrote:

If all else fails, create yourself a little 10-15 phrase mantra to repeat a few times over establishing your own power over yourself, where you state to yourself that you are the only voice you trust. Where suggestions made by others, which you do not consciously agree to are to be ignored (not resisted, not refused, just ignored). Where you state that only you know who you are, and only you are capable of changing who you choose to be. And that you like who you are, like who you want to be, and will make your own decisions. Adding in some choice words about whoever the author of the file you are going to be listening to can also help. Then read it to yourself 4 or 5 times before listening to a file, and then again, 4 or 5 times after listening to the file. The basic idea is to create your own little bit of mind training that makes you even more confident in your own ability to make the right decisions for yourself. Acknowledge that no unwanted change will happen because only you can decide what changes will occur. Then establish serious distrust about any suggestions made by the speaker of the file, and probably, in time, some severe dislike of that person.

If the files your listening to are using the more advanced techniques of using your own resistance to their own advantage,this would actually make the file more powerful.

E.G."You only trust your own voice".A lot of the hypnosis i do gets the user ( whether they know it or not ) to use their own voice for the suggestions.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby User517 » April 23rd, 2009, 2:56 am

whatthe75 wrote:
User517 wrote:

If the files your listening to are using the more advanced techniques of using your own resistance to their own advantage,this would actually make the file more powerful.

Which is why I emphasized the usage of "ignored", not resisted, not refused. Another way to say it would be "pay no attention to", or "take no notice". In short, make it a passive act of just simply not hearing the suggestion, rather than an active act of hearing it and resisting.

whatthe75 wrote:
E.G."You only trust your own voice".A lot of the hypnosis i do gets the user ( whether they know it or not ) to use their own voice for the suggestions.
Yes, but if you aren't under trance, as suggested, and have distrust and apprehensions about the speaker, this would only be an issue if you had made a conscious decision to say those words at that moment. And from what I've heard of these kinds of things, the suggestions are usually prompted by something that the listener wants anyway.

But yeah, it isn't some absolute way to wall you off from any unwanted effects, but it certainly seems to be of some help, at least for me. The basic idea is to just create one layer after another which aims to limit what can pass through. Depending on how easy it is for you to learn new prejudices, hatred, and distrust for some people, that aspect alone can make it much harder for inductions and suggestions from that person to take effect.
User517
Regular
Regular

Postby Score_Under » April 23rd, 2009, 12:04 pm

Follower wrote:

That I do. Especially after learning about the bubble induction, which I'm rather disappointed about as I was informed that it was one of the best inductions out there.

Dude, no one's going to say the bubble induction trigger word unless you tell them to say it. Just go ahead and listen to it, I say. It's a great induction, and you'll be safe as long as you keep your mouth shut.

I still want to be 100%. After all, it's not like it's secret.

Would it still be effective if I went through the (painstaking) process of removing all traces of the trigger?

Bear in mind that I would prefer to "play safe" than to have any long lasting effects. Triggers that only work on yourself are fine.

Which brings me back to the question:
> Could this (Curse Enchanted Keyboard file) deactivate itself?
Or even...
Could this deactivate it? (link)

And yet another question :roll: What stage of trance do you recommend I should aim for before trying hypnosis files? I currently just run through a random induction (I love it when Apple think of things like the "On-The-Go Playlist") and be content with how far that takes me... unless I can still feel my limbs, in which case I've probably been unexpectedly "awoken" in the process.

Currently, the stage I get to with one induction seems a little disappointing; although I don't have any guidelines, yet, as to what constitutes a good trance. I get to the same stage as with the WILD [wake-induced-lucid-dream] technique, that is, still consciously aware of what's going on but unable to feel any part of my body (or reliably know the position of my limbs - it always seems to be a bit out) and find it difficult to move all but my diaphragm and eyes.
Sometimes I forget large parts of what was said to me while in that state, but never the whole thing. Is this a deep enough trance to be affected by a hypnosis MP3, after repeated use of the files? I doubt it is, I'm going to see if I can slice the end off EMG's deepener, and sandwich it between two inductions.

Be aware that I'm pretty much clueless as to how to go about doing this, and any little help would be appreciated.
Score_Under
Regular
Regular

Postby User517 » April 24th, 2009, 12:37 am

Score_Under wrote:
Currently, the stage I get to with one induction seems a little disappointing; although I don't have any guidelines, yet, as to what constitutes a good trance. I get to the same stage as with the WILD [wake-induced-lucid-dream] technique, that is, still consciously aware of what's going on but unable to feel any part of my body (or reliably know the position of my limbs - it always seems to be a bit out) and find it difficult to move all but my diaphragm and eyes.
Sometimes I forget large parts of what was said to me while in that state, but never the whole thing. Is this a deep enough trance to be affected by a hypnosis MP3, after repeated use of the files? I doubt it is, I'm going to see if I can slice the end off EMG's deepener, and sandwich it between two inductions.

Be aware that I'm pretty much clueless as to how to go about doing this, and any little help would be appreciated.

That is good enough for some people to start from, so long as your mind is relaxed an open, files can have some effect. Some people eventually relax enough to move past this, others don't. Really just depends on the person. It might be easier to try near the end of the day, or the beginning, when you're already relaxed than in the middle of the day.

Part of the problem might be that you are trying too hard to go into trance, and are having trouble just letting go. Don't try to force it, just let it happen.
User517
Regular
Regular

Enchanted Keyboard Curse

Postby Calimore » April 25th, 2009, 1:34 pm

I use the Keyboard Curse with some frequency and it is especially good for the restriction/alteration of triggers or training. It can also be used to enhance suggestibility/reduce resistance.

Important note: Baby steps work best with the EKC. Don't expect it to create effects for you that you cannot yet achieve with other files. If you can't visually hallucinate or get TrigMorph to work, it's doubtful EKB will do that for you, but one never knows. Just don't expect it unless you were already fairly close to doing it.

Examples of Good Curses to start with:

I'm going to be in a good mood all day today. No matter how things go, it will seem like nothing can bring me down. the end.

No matter what, I will remember to pick up my wife at the bus station. Forgetting to pick her up is now an impossibility because I will be there early with her most comfortable shoes. the end.

You see, the more you use it for smaller things, the more your mind will see that this is working for you and making your Life easier. Practice ingrains the Curse, so you can start to use more transformational language, like:

My hypnosis files just keep working better and better for me. Every time I use them, I go even deeper than before. I am going so deep into trance now that the suggestions literally pour themselves into my mind, which absorbs every one of them, like a sponge. I am becoming the perfect hypnotic subject. the end.

I know that my triggers are being etched into my psyche. My subconscious mind is literally engraving them on the inside of my skull. In fact, all of my training is simply becoming such an important part of me that forgetting one bit of it would be like forgetting my own name. I may be try to resist my training and can even alter how I respond to it with Enchanted Keyboard Curse or other files, but it will still always be a there, encoded into me like my own DNA. the end.

Enchanted Keyboard Curse can seems almost like a 'Swiss Army Knife" for the self-hypnotist. At times, I even feel drawn to my computer so that I can write out a new curse.

That said, I don't think one can type the curse away, as the original poster suggests. The file clearly states that only EMG can remove it, so unless you are EMG, I doubt one could deactivate it if it is working well for them.

Well, I tried to type it away but couldn't make myself type the entire phrase "the end." Even had I been able to, though, I seriously doubt my mind would have accepted that command. I've been using the file now for months after listening to it daily for almost three weeks. Guess I may be this way for a while, eh? :wink:

Happy Trancing,
Calimore
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby Jeshi » April 26th, 2009, 9:05 pm

What Calimore just said kind of broke what I was going to say about enchanted keyboard which was that if you didn't want it anymore you could just write "And then the Enchanted keyboard stopped working. The end."

As nice as it sounds I'm afraid to use it because I'm a writer and whenever I finish writing I type "The end", and I'd hate to forget to instead use something else and accidentally curse myself with my entire story, which is usually some sort of crazy story that plays with words and reality.

Actually that would be a cool way to get a high without any drugs, just type out the trippiest experience ever then end it with The end.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

"and in The End, it doesn't even matter..."

Postby Calimore » April 27th, 2009, 10:31 am

I too do some writing, Jeshi, and I do not generally put anything at the end of a tale I'm telling to indicate that it is finished because few tales really end with their telling. Sometimes, though, it is best to let the reader know that one has finished telling this story and will probably never revisit it again, at the end.

That is why I specifically use the term "the end.", with a period, as my closure trigger with EMG's Enchanted Keyboard Curse . If I were to write a story or something other than an EKCurse, and I wanted to indicate that it was complete, I probably would use "The End", "the end" (sans punctuation), or possibly "fin", depending on the nature of the work.

BTW: You may have noticed that in my first paragraph I intentionally used my EKC trigger at the end. This was to help illustrate that, used out of context, those words are not a trigger for me. My EKC trigger only works when used as a separate phrase, placed at the end of a curse I have written. Mileage may vary, but I think that for most people, accidentally self-triggering with this curse would be something that just wouldn't happen.

Happy Trancing!
Calimore
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby slutinmyhead » July 27th, 2010, 11:57 pm

I listen to a variety of files I wouldn't want to experience in any long term way. My brain makes good decisions and filters the parts I don't want. So far that's worked. I think of each hypnosis file as a work of art. When I really like a hypnotist, I'll listen to a lot of their files, even ones I have no business listening to. There's only certain ones I desire to listen to more than once.

I don't think one or two listenings is going to cause some scary change you can't resist. You'd need regular listenings for that. Don't listen to it for a while and it disappears.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files