Listening at work

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Listening at work

Postby k4tj3 » May 12th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, I wasn't quite sure.

I joined this site a while back but didn't get far before life got in my way. Now I'm back and I'm curious. The files I had started to try always start with something along the lines of getting into a relaxing position/space/etc. However, I've been using my iPod at work lately to block everything else out so I can focus on the task at hand. People come up to me on occassion so I have to pause it and I'm not necessarily always able to listen to a song, podcast, or file all the way through without any interruption (the interruptions usually only last a minute or so).

Are the files here going to be able to benefit me if I try to listen to them like this? Is it worth the money and the hassle?

What about listening to them in the car?
k4tj3

Postby User517 » May 12th, 2009, 6:26 pm

Generally, it is only a good idea to listen to this kind stuff when you are not busy dong other stuff, or when you are operating something that might lead to injury or death of others.

The only exception to this would be some of the more mild subliminal or brainwashing kinds of files, which are designed to be played when in a non-trance state. Usually looped, ad do not need to be listened to with any order. Unfortunately, not every flavor of interest comes with these kinds of files.
User517
Regular
Regular

Re: Listening at work

Postby whatthe75 » May 13th, 2009, 6:12 pm

No they will not work if you listen to them at work.To many distractions
k4tj3 wrote:

What about listening to them in the car?

NO NO NO!Absolutely not,god damn stupidly dangerous,are you even serious when you ask this.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Re: Listening at work

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » May 14th, 2009, 7:07 am

k4tj3 wrote:What about listening to them in the car?

Listening to hypnosis recordings while operating a chainsaw is always a bad choice.

And it's unnecessary for me to tell you why.

And even someone who's just a passenger should avoid listening to hypnosis mp3s in the car.

Yes, even while someone else does the driving you should avoid listening to hypnosis recordings. You should always avoid listening in a car because habit and repetition are powerful.

It's simply a good choice
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby k4tj3 » May 14th, 2009, 4:26 pm

Hey folks, sorry if I offended.

Not listening to hypnosis specifically in the car makes sense, of course. I guess I was thinking more of subliminal programming in general. i.e. If you already listen to the radio, why not listen to something to something that subconsciously alters your views about your slutty behaviors (or lackthereof) instead. I've looked all over the site to see if it has something like that, but I see nothing other than hypnosis (which I guess doesn't surprise me, but it was worth a shot). For now I'll stick to my podcasts and radio and leave the hypnosis to the rare moments I have home alone.
k4tj3

Postby MacGyver » May 14th, 2009, 5:45 pm

listening at home shile sitting down or laying down on a bed are always the best time, when operating heavy machinery a car or any kind of power tools whether gasoline or elctric or even deisel powered machinery, is always a bad idea as it puts you into harm's way and you are not going to be alert enough to take action in oder to avoid something serious, ie. a car accident, cutting off a limb, getting stuck or even killed inside of machinery with moving parts, etc... when at home or even in a hotel room, you are not putting yourself in danger, at work, even if sitting at a computer, you may not get your work done in time and risk being fired, specially if caught as to everyone else, you may appear to be sleeping on the job. those on this site are giving you those warnings for your own good. trust me. i do not even listen when i am going under a car to make repairs as i need to be wide awake and alert in case the car falls off its supports so i can catch it to keep it from crushing me as the cars i repair here at the house weigh 1 3/4 - 2 metric tons, and if i am not awake to put my hands up and hold the car off me long enough to yell for help so someone will put a jack under the thing to remove it from me due to being tranced by a file, then i would most certainly die from being crushed, and a 2 metric ton vehicle is not something you want to go off the road and wake up in the top of a tree bleeding to death because you were in trance and lost control.

as for the radio, yeah, i listen to the radio in my car, if not, the humming sound of that slant-six will put me to sleep behind the wheel, the radio drownds out the engine's humming.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

I owe, I owe...

Postby Calimore » May 14th, 2009, 8:46 pm

I am currently developing some Loop files, made primarily from file bodies, than can be put with similar loops on a playlist and listened to throughout the day. These file, however, are designed to induce a light trance so are NOT recommended for use while doing anything requiring diligence. For most people that should mean not listening while at work.

The only type of file I would think most people would be able to use at work would be custom subliminals, perhaps combined with binaural beat effects. Anything more hypnotic would be a cheating your employer anyway, but that's just one guy's opinion.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Re: I owe, I owe...

Postby davelowe1977 » May 15th, 2009, 9:26 am

Calimore wrote:
The only type of file I would think most people would be able to use at work would be custom subliminals, perhaps combined with binaural beat effects. Anything more hypnotic would be a cheating your employer anyway, but that's just one guy's opinion.

Not if the file body was 'work harder, work harder...' :wink:
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ShadowSabre » May 17th, 2009, 10:50 pm

I'd also avoid them at work (or in the car) but an interesting idea I read once was to listen while playing a simple, repetitive game that doesn't involve a great deal of thought, such as a simple puzzle game such as Tetris or level grinding in a RPG. No serious consequences if you lose attention, but just enough stimulation to keep your conscious mind occupied.
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Postby k4tj3 » May 18th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Thanks, thats a great idea. I play WoW, so that might be a good idea. That might be a little too involved for my conscious mind, but its worth a shot too. :)
k4tj3

Return to Help with Files