Need help! New to all this!

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Need help! New to all this!

Postby Play » July 18th, 2005, 9:49 pm

Hello! I'm new at this but I really really want to try it! I was wondering if it was possible for me to listen to the tapes while i was sleeping! Would that have any affect on me at all?
Play

Postby maskedwomyn » July 18th, 2005, 10:46 pm

Welcome to WarpMyMind! Once you have been here for a while you will realize that this question has been discussed a number of times. Perhaps you could use the search function at the top of the forum page to hunt for the treads that will have the answers which will help you?

the masked womyn
maskedwomyn
Regular
Regular

Postby johnbohnrevenge » July 19th, 2005, 2:26 am

Welcome to WarpMyMind! (Sorry 'bout the repitition.)
Hypnosis doesn't work while you're sleeping - it requires a degree of conscious reinforcement. However, some people have found (or so I've heard) that listening to hypnosis files while going about daily business has an effect on them.
Also consider the subliminals, which supposedly should work no matter whether you're sleeping or not.

Hope this helps :) .
johnbohnrevenge
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Play » July 19th, 2005, 12:20 pm

oh so I can listen to subliminels and they would help me while I sleep?
Play

Postby vienna68 » July 19th, 2005, 12:57 pm

I think that you can use the regular files like an sublim.
Take only the middle part and play it very low while you are sleeping.
I gues, that might have the same effect as a sublim.
vienna68

Postby isadora » July 19th, 2005, 1:07 pm

Subliminal files I'm kind of iffy on. I did some research in my old psychology text books and studies have shown that they have no impact on either improving memory or weight loss. They had two groups of people, those that really did listen to the files and those that just thought they were listening to subliminal files, but were not told what was on those files (whether it was weight loss, or relaxation, or memory improvement) and performed tests throughtout the test period.

They found that there was no real difference between those that were on the 'blank' tape than from those that had listened to the true subliminal files.

But it's also a matter of motivation, I suppose. If you are truly motivated and feel that these files will work for you, it's just a form of reinforcement in the end.

I tried listening to the hypnosis files while i slept, all it did was make me grumpy because i had problems achieving the level of sleep that i'm accustomed to.
isadora
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files