Twitch prevening some of the inductions here ting relaxation

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Twitch prevening some of the inductions here ting relaxation

Postby thedude09 » May 30th, 2009, 7:35 am

Hi,

I have been trying inductions here before going further. The first time it felt like it was working. After that, whenever I try to relax my legs, I have like a twich, my right foot will curl the toes, and sort of clench like a first. My legs start to relax, foot clenches and the relaxation is gone.

It happens every time (except the first). Has anyone else ever experienced this? How can I stop it.

TIA
thedude09

Postby pliable » May 30th, 2009, 3:56 pm

I experience the twitching and the muscle contractions too. I don't know how to stop them, though. Sorry, but now you know you're not the only one. They don't stop me from trancing though; they can be somewhat painful, but that doesn't bother me.
pliable

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » May 30th, 2009, 11:50 pm

Ready for good news? The twitching you're feeling... it's a positive sign for beginners.

Many guys just getting started with hypnosis report their bodies respond to hypnosis in one of two ways.
    1. Itching - usually the nose
    2. Arousal
Since you've asked about twitching, that's what this response focuses on.

- One alternative is to flex the muscle for the twitching limb and move on. You just do it and forget about it.

- Another alternative is to feel the twitch fade away and stop. In the focus of your mind, you have the power to count from five down to one, and as you count, the twitching fades and disappears.

The observation about itching is one I often hear from beginners who are listening to hypnosis MP3s for long periods each day. If that's your situation, consider listening less. By listening for 20-30 minutes in the morning and again 20-30 minutes in the evening, you can leave your mind wanting more.

The best to you!
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby dwerrell » May 31st, 2009, 12:00 am

I am also pretty new to this stuff and experience the same kind of symptoms.

Most of the time as im just starting to feel REALLY relaxed, usually one of my leg or foot muscles will start to clench. Usually it doesnt bring me totally out of relaxation, but it definitely doesnt help when you gotta think about relaxing that muscle that just tightened up! every once in a while i get a little bit of twitching, one time it was actually pretty violent, like someone shoved me from the side, took me right out of it!
dwerrell

Postby thedude09 » May 31st, 2009, 8:41 am

Cool, thanks guys!
thedude09

Postby MacGyver » May 31st, 2009, 6:16 pm

well, what about when you are sure you are asleep and start waking up, and can feel your abdominal muscles all tensed up and black out again, yet wake up when told to?

kinda felt like i was wearing a corset or something eventhough that was not what i was experimenting with as for files and i was not wearing one neither, then again, i am pretty weird, LOL
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby FloridaPuppy » June 7th, 2009, 8:02 am

Another thing you can do is sit/lay down and let yourself drift off on your own. You've listened to plenty of files I'm sure, letting yourself mentally go through that slip sliding melting process on your own from memory is a good way to get past that initial period where you don't know if you can scratch the itch or not. Once your comfortable and relaxed, it's just a matter of pressing play.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby -angel- » June 11th, 2009, 1:09 pm

I can attest for the arousal part....a certain part of my body would go stiff as a board, but I ignored it and eventually you slip into trance.
So don't focus on it too much and just let your attention slip.
-angel-

Postby Hypnosisdragon » July 6th, 2009, 10:16 am

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:Ready for good news? The twitching you're feeling... it's a positive sign for beginners.

Many guys just getting started with hypnosis report their bodies respond to hypnosis in one of two ways.
    1. Itching - usually the nose
    2. Arousal
Since you've asked about twitching, that's what this response focuses on.

- One alternative is to flex the muscle for the twitching limb and move on. You just do it and forget about it.

- Another alternative is to feel the twitch fade away and stop. In the focus of your mind, you have the power to count from five down to one, and as you count, the twitching fades and disappears.

The observation about itching is one I often hear from beginners who are listening to hypnosis MP3s for long periods each day. If that's your situation, consider listening less. By listening for 20-30 minutes in the morning and again 20-30 minutes in the evening, you can leave your mind wanting more.

The best to you!

I get Arousal. Does this affect my susceptability to files? Cos it's kinda hard to focus fully on a trance while I'm pitching a tent, so to speak.

Also, I get a little bit of twitching, but nothing that distracts me. Just little muscle twitches, which I've put down as the day's stress leaving my body.

Sometimes I feel like I have something around my throat, is this normal? I've always been a little sensitive about things around my throat.

EDIT
Actually, I do get itches sometimes. Though they usually don't appear after I'm in the trance.
Hypnosisdragon
Regular
Regular

Postby Loci » January 9th, 2010, 2:11 pm

Well... an itching nose maybe a positive for beginners... but that itching doesn't stop and is not only the nose but sometimes the whole face... and that's really annoying and keeping me far from trance or waking up from it just when I got a little deeper... that's really frustrating... maybe I should build a nose-scratching-machine for me... :wink:
Loci

Postby iamli3 » January 18th, 2010, 11:10 pm

i notsed a couple listens back with that binural file im trying to listen to after like 5 mins when the sounds were getting notisably slow and low pitched i got some (posably big , well really what kind of itch doasn't seem big? especialy when doing something like this) itchs all over my body , very iritating but if i just ignored the want to scratch them not even a minute latter they would all go away as the file continued its decent of w/e speed and pitch

but that hasent happened recently , ive been needing to scratch my itches because their just to big and all over the place every time i scratch 1 it would eather come back because i didn't scratch hard enough or it would just move to a different part of my body kinda like its doing right now as im typing this , i havent been able to black out while listening to the file eather..............
iamli3
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files