Binaurals during sleep

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Binaurals during sleep

Postby mrannoying777 » October 15th, 2009, 6:06 pm

What would happen if I used the binaural versions of the files while i slept? Would the have any effects on me?
mrannoying777

Postby zapnosis » October 16th, 2009, 3:08 am

Well, for me the whole point of binaurals, or any other kind of beats, is to slow your brainwave freqs, which isn't exactly necessary when you're asleep. In fact if it worked, it would actually keep you from going deeply asleep.

As to listening while asleep, the accepted theory is that it has no effect so you're just wasting your time. However, I don't entirely trust accepted theories.

All in all, it would probably be a waste of good sleep. However, with this stuff there is only one way to be really sure... and that is to try it!
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dottie » October 17th, 2009, 1:16 pm

Yeah, what he ^ said....

I've tried this a few times, and have gotten a poor night's sleep each time, and it is not clear that I got any hypnotic effects out of it.

If you think about it, it makes sense. The brain of a sleeper cycles through several different states (in and out of REM sleep) through the night. This corresponds to several different brainwave patterns. Binaurals tend to move the brain to a particular matching frequency pattern, and would therefore keep it from its normal cycle.

So you'd either have a dreamless sleep, or a fitful sleep, (depending on the frequency of the binaurals) but would be tired the next day either way.
dottie
Regular
Regular

Postby cartoonfan1983 » October 26th, 2009, 2:53 pm

I will vouch for the idea that binaurals are a bad idea if you're sleeping. I was listening to a file on repeat the night before last with binaurals and I had the most fitful night sleep ever. I woke up the next morning feeling so drained, I barely made it through the day. I was also cranky and irritable and I could not eat all day.

So, I would say, do not use them while sleeping.
cartoonfan1983

Postby soundexcess » October 26th, 2009, 10:24 pm

^ with stupid use a bi-arual no awakener to get sleep the subminals and normal quite files with no awakeners during sleep
soundexcess
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Hank01 » November 5th, 2009, 7:57 pm

I have to agree here. For the past several weeks, I had been listening to the binaurals(sp) as I would fall asleep at night. AFter a couple of weeks, I was constantly tired and getting very cranky during the day, coming home from work exhausted. AFter reading this forum, it dawned on me that listening to those files was what was not allowing me to sleep well. I quit listneing to them and just fell asleep and have not had a bad night's sleep in over a week now. I'm happy and rested in the morning and a much nicer person lately. I'm so glad I read this forum.
Hank
Hank01
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files