Bad reaction

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Bad reaction

Postby sbc1924 » February 9th, 2010, 10:00 am

Having something of an issue with attempts to trance here. It isn't that I can't get trance though, I have managed that, but every time I try to for some reason my pulse get impossible heavy and loud. Not quick though. It gets so bad that I can feel it everywhere against my skin and it drives me insane. The second I try and stop the hypnosis though, my pulse quiets back down to unnoticable levels. I've tried nice calm breathing, but that doesn't seem to work. What's going on?
sbc1924

Have you been hypnotized before?

Postby Fizbin » February 9th, 2010, 5:35 pm

It sounds like someone who has hypnotized you in the past has erected a post-hypnotic barrier of some kind. It probably has its own trigger/key that will either:
1. allow only the original hypnotist through, or
2. (If they were truly interested in your protection) only allow you to be taken under in real time by a "trusted" hypnotist.

You probably won't be able to be affected by any self-hypnosis media until you get that worked out.
Fizbin
Regular
Regular

Never been hypnotized

Postby sbc1924 » February 9th, 2010, 10:13 pm

No, I haven't been hypnotized before. And I've been practicing with the Bubble induction for a few months now, and I've successfully gone into trance before. I've also attempted self hypnosis before without this ever happening. This is something that's been showing up only in the past week.
sbc1924

It's natural,

Postby Plaat » February 9th, 2010, 10:48 pm

Could it be that the relaxing of the rest of your body exaggerates your heart beat, I had similar problem, never as bad as you say, but it got better with practice, years worth though, but I'm off and on so to say.
Plaat
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Fizbin » February 10th, 2010, 6:17 am

OK. Since you haven't been under with a guide, this means you are doing it to yourself. (Of course, that would be true, even if someone else had planted the actual suggestion...)

Something about the process is disturbing you:
- enough that you are having an adverse reaction
- enough that the reaction throws you out of trance
- enough that you felt compelled to report your reaction here labeled "Bad Reaction"

I suggest that you do a real-time with one of the broadly-experienced hypnotists on the board, and preferably one of the certified therapists (Categories which do not include myself, by the way...), who can help walk you through the process, and probe both your conscious and sub-conscious experiences to see what your blockage is. Only then can you determine and take whatever steps are appropriate for surmounting it.
Fizbin
Regular
Regular

Brief Excitation and Trance

Postby Calimore » February 10th, 2010, 1:04 pm

It is my experience, both personally and in working with subjects, that respiration and pulse can briefly, rapidly rise as a person enters a deep trance state. The good news is that it appears to happen most to people who are dropping rather swiftly into deep trance. The bad news is that it can be rather distracting until you realize that for some people this is a perfectly normal part of hypnosis.

Hypnosis is a state not only of deep relaxation but intense focus. Most subjects undergo several notable physiological changes as they enter trance, including a reddening of the eyes and a general lack of movement, but as a subject begins to go deeper into trance, they may seem to fidget a bit, even beginning to sweat as their eyes roll behind their lids like they are dreaming.

This 'excitatory' phase usually passes quickly, though, as the subject enters an almost cataleptic state where their pulse and BP can drop considerably. Still quite focused but now deeply relaxed, not wanting to move, the subject enters a profound state of trance where suggestions tend to have their greatest effect and therapeutic change most easily takes place.

Of course, in the context of the hypnofetish, this state of trance is often used for deep conditioning and/or brainwashing, but surprisingly this state is one that most users need not experience. The new and most typical fetishists seems to do well with taking suggestion in the lighter states of trance, as many experimenting in this fetish seem to be exploring a fantasy that they may never want to fulfill. Most people don't actually want to experience extreme or long-lasting hypnotic change, so the lighter states of trance usually allows the subject to satisfactorily explore and express their sexuality.

The more serious or experienced hypno-fetishist, however, seems to crave a state of profound deep trance. Again, the good news is that most people can achieve it. The bad news is that it usually takes time and dedicated practice to do so, almost like mastering a difficult game or sport. Only one in ten tend to be "naturals", able to trance like they've been doing it for years, but even a natural may have to train in order to go deep. And, once that state is found, most people need to continue to practice in order to easily and quickly reach a state of deep trance.

An even deeper state of trance (generally referred to as somnolescence) is generally not recognized a being useful therapeutically, but having conditioned a couple of subjects in very deep trance and in actual sleep I have to say I feel there may be value to conditioning a somnolescent subject. Whether is it worth a hypnotist's time, though, does seem questionable. Most subjects respond quite well to lighter states of trance, so many experts agree that in the deepest levels of hypnotic trance we generally see a diminishing rate of return and therefore working with subjects in this state is generally not advised.

So relax and let go, now knowing that a little excitement is just a normal sign that you are going into trance. Accept it as a positive thing and soon you may find that you are going deeper into hypnosis than you ever thought possible.
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby HypnotizeMike » February 10th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Is it possible that you are having an anxiety attack either because you are so excited about the possibilities presented by the session or because at some level you are actually afraid that it might work and really transform you in some way?
HypnotizeMike
Regular
Regular

Postby sbc1924 » February 10th, 2010, 3:47 pm

Well, no, I've been practicing with different inductions for a few months now (since July actually) until I can comfortable trance consecutively each time. I got over the excitement/terror of what hypnosis could do (well, the amounts that made it distracting at least) a while ago. This reaction is something that's been happening in just the past week.
sbc1924

Return to Help with Files