Cant upload the file

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Cant upload the file

Postby malroth » May 15th, 2010, 7:36 pm

Its a subliminal of one of EMG's curses, its 3.2MB in Ogg format and I'm using firefox to access the site. I Keep getting an error that says "bad filename" . I've tried renaming the file, moving it to a different folder before attempting upload, both several times. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong
malroth

Postby JadynMC » May 15th, 2010, 11:27 pm

sry but I havent been able to use firefox to upload either : ( so you got to either go back to ie or try chrome.. I know ie works for me : )
JadynMC
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » May 16th, 2010, 10:24 am

There is usually a little more to the message when an upload fails. Can you get me the entire text to the message as that may help me debug the problem.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MacGyver » May 16th, 2010, 6:49 pm

you may need to convert the file to an mp3. if you are using audacity, you need the lame file extension to do this. i have had that message opn other site when trying to upload pics, the file format was not right. so, give that a try, and see if you are then able to upload your file. some sites and servers may not take a certain format or they may not take that format with certain web browsers. if you go back to IE, then the ogg format should work, but any other browser, and you may have to convert to mp3 format.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files