Multi-File CD - Music or MP3?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Multi-File CD - Music or MP3?

Postby lakshmidas » August 17th, 2005, 1:42 pm

Hello.

When you place an order, you have the choice between a music CD or an MP3 file CD. I ordered a multi-file CD, which didn't specify which type it was. I have a feeling I should have realized that it was just MP3 files.

Does anyone know if this is the case and also is there a way to purchase a CD with mutliple files which can be played in a regular CD player?

Thanks!
lakshmidas

Postby demigraff » August 18th, 2005, 3:51 am

Well, the mp3 CD asks you to pick 15 files, which would be about 4 hours. the audio CD and the multi-file CD both ask you to pick files up to a total of 78 minutes in length, which is the size of a normal CD.

Therefore I would guess that that you will be able to play the multi-file CD in a normal CD player.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » August 18th, 2005, 9:07 pm

Actually, that's an MP3 CD, the multi-CD is an induction and a set of bodies and will play on a CD player.

demigraff wrote:Well, the mp3 CD asks you to pick 15 files, which would be about 4 hours. the audio CD and the multi-file CD both ask you to pick files up to a total of 78 minutes in length, which is the size of a normal CD.

Therefore I would guess that that you will be able to play the multi-file CD in a normal CD player.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CWolfCW » September 1st, 2005, 10:14 am

Sorry to bring up an old thread but am I understanding this right:

1. The Music CD is just a regular audio CD.
2. The MP3 CD is an MP3 CD with high quality files - not the 32kbps stuff?
3. The Multi-File CD is the same as the MP3 CD except there's an induction? Does that also mean you remove the inductions from the other files on the Multi-File CD?

In terms of quality, the Music CD > MP3 CD? Or would I notice no difference (including subliminals)?
CWolfCW
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » September 1st, 2005, 8:26 pm

Yes, on a Multi-CD it's one induction(or more if you choose) and whatever other files you want, but it's only the body(no induction)). This is also a playable CD. As for the MP3 cd's, they are 128K which is CD quality.

CWolfCW wrote:Sorry to bring up an old thread but am I understanding this right:

1. The Music CD is just a regular audio CD.
2. The MP3 CD is an MP3 CD with high quality files - not the 32kbps stuff?
3. The Multi-File CD is the same as the MP3 CD except there's an induction? Does that also mean you remove the inductions from the other files on the Multi-File CD?

In terms of quality, the Music CD > MP3 CD? Or would I notice no difference (including subliminals)?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Help with Files