Falling asleep to files (I think?)

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Falling asleep to files (I think?)

Postby Darkmuzzle » August 26th, 2005, 3:58 pm

I started listening to the furry transformation file a few days ago and I tried listening during the daytime, but I have trouble finding a good half hour of peace during the day. The phone would ring or some other distraction would pull me out of trance. So I got into the habit of listening to it before bed.

I was able to listen to it once (or twice in a row) all the way through the first couple of nights, but the last few nights have been strange. I would make it through the initial section where I'm put into trance, but I absolutely cannot recall listening to the main section of the hypnosis where the actual furry hypnosis is done. It's like I turn off for the last few minutes until the very end, when I wake back up right on time. It's like a time warp, one moment I'm part way through the file, the next moment it's ending.

Normally I would say that I was just simply falling asleep while listening to it, but I've *never* been able to sleep while listening to someone talk. Also, normally when I go to sleep to music or something like that, I don't wake up until hours later, not just a few minutes later...

Sooo, my question.. is it because I'm in an especially deep trance and the hypnosis is working remarkably well, or am I just falling asleep? Am I still getting the intended message?
Darkmuzzle

Postby MikeWulf » August 27th, 2005, 11:07 am

Sounds like just regular sleep to me. Try Deepening2.mp3 for a while and tell us what happens then.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Phoenix-D » August 27th, 2005, 8:07 pm

If you're waking up as instructed to that's a very good sign that you weren't actually asleep..
Phoenix-D
Regular
Regular

Postby Darkmuzzle » August 27th, 2005, 9:09 pm

I'll give Deepening2.mp3 a shot and report on what happens. By the way, last night I gave the furry file a listen and I was absolutely determined to make it all the way through, I was even sitting up, and again the same thing happened, though later on than when I normally go out. *shrugs* I guess either way it's okay, as long as the message is reaching me in some way.
I just don't feel like it would be getting to me if I were sleeping through it.
Darkmuzzle

Postby MikeWulf » August 29th, 2005, 10:09 am

Darkmuzzle wrote:I'll give Deepening2.mp3 a shot and report on what happens. By the way, last night I gave the furry file a listen and I was absolutely determined to make it all the way through, I was even sitting up, and again the same thing happened, though later on than when I normally go out. *shrugs* I guess either way it's okay, as long as the message is reaching me in some way.
I just don't feel like it would be getting to me if I were sleeping through it.
If you really concentrated through the file and still feel asleep I would say you are going into such a deep trance that you are falling asleep. Definatly listen to the Deepening2 file until you start to wake up at the end of the file and then reply here for us.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Darkmuzzle » August 30th, 2005, 10:29 am

MikeWulf, I believe you're right that I'm going so deep into trance that it puts me to sleep. I gave deepening2 a try last night and I actually stayed awake through it. I just need to practice regulating my trance so I don't sink too deeply. I listened to the 30 minute furry file immediately afterwards, and again I stayed awake and attentive.

Great advice! Thanks.
Darkmuzzle

Postby InsaneCPRClown » August 30th, 2005, 7:26 pm

hey... i have a question... tho its kinda off topic an all... but... is it like... normal to get sweaty an crap when u go in trance??? cuz i have my air condition on basically 24/7 and everytime i do go into a trance... i get so hot and sweaty i come outta it... is that bad???
InsaneCPRClown
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » August 30th, 2005, 8:06 pm

Are you normally physically tense?

If so tension and stress cause a decrease in the flow of blood throughout the body(specifically to the extremities like hands and feet). Therefore when you relax warmth spreads to more and more of your body(bio-dots and such work on this principle). I can see and have seen this lead to sweating. I usually keep my area pretty chilly and have several different types of blankets on hand for people who complain about the chill. My observation being that you can put more clothes on than you can take off.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby InsaneCPRClown » August 30th, 2005, 8:18 pm

yea i am usually physically tense (cuz i do alotta stupid s**t when im not trying to get hypnotized >_<) and thanks for the help homie... ill try some of that stuff out =oD
InsaneCPRClown
Regular
Regular

Postby Marv22 » November 7th, 2005, 9:14 pm

I needed to bump this thread because the EXACT thing has been happening to me. I lose my memory of the mid section of induction or instructions, but still wake up on cue, or remember the countdown to wake-up. I have only been going at hypnosis for a short while so it seems unlikely that I am in a deep trance but is that possible? I don't feel tired at all afterwards either.
Marv22

Postby Jack » November 8th, 2005, 6:05 pm

Marv22 wrote:I have only been going at hypnosis for a short while so it seems unlikely that I am in a deep trance but is that possible? I don't feel tired at all afterwards either.

Yes. It's entirely possible and very likely from what you've reported. Now, that being said: you might want to see what effect using deepening has on you and how it affects the outcome(s) of the file(s) you are currently listening to.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby gerbillord » December 18th, 2005, 7:52 am

I have to bump this, Where is the deepening2 file? i've searched for it but came up with no results. :?
[img:c9524bacd8]http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/1783/gerbillord25iy0ly.png[/img:c9524bacd8]
[img:c9524bacd8]http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/8341/gerbilsig0cv.jpg[/img:c9524bacd8] Gerbil says: Hi!
gerbillord
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » December 18th, 2005, 9:42 am

Personally, I would go to files, click on the first "All", then the "All" subsection, and then search for deepening2.
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby gerbillord » December 18th, 2005, 10:54 am

Thanks, i found it. :D
[img:c9524bacd8]http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/1783/gerbillord25iy0ly.png[/img:c9524bacd8]
[img:c9524bacd8]http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/8341/gerbilsig0cv.jpg[/img:c9524bacd8] Gerbil says: Hi!
gerbillord
Regular
Regular

Asleep or Trance?

Postby kahgii » January 2nd, 2006, 2:34 pm

Good to see others here having the same experiences that I am having. Just a warning. Don't have the stove on when you go into trance. Was making some stew the other day (letting it simmer for an hour), listened to a few files and was aware enough to start the next file prior to coming completely out of trance, however, when I finally did that, the house was filled with smoke and smelled terrible as the "stew" was now burning and completely stuck to the pot! (I was only 15 feet away yet totally unaware.)
kahgii

Postby loony28 » January 3rd, 2006, 9:46 pm

:twisted: Why don't we take it a step farther. Don't have anything cooking while you go into trance. Don't drive while listening to these files. Don't take a bath while listening to these files. In short don't do anything that requires your attention if you're going to listen to these files. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby kahgii » January 3rd, 2006, 11:34 pm

Absolutely.........that's why you're the mentor and i'm the newbie! :lol:
kahgii

Postby goldragon_70 » January 4th, 2006, 8:20 am

loony28 wrote::twisted: Don't drive while listening to these files.:twisted:

I don't, but it doesn't stop me from going into a trance.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby joey_jojo » January 7th, 2006, 11:32 pm

i listen to files in the bath
in all reality, if ur in a bath, and listening to it, and ur head goes underwater, ur not gonna stay hypnotized. u will either wake up from the water rushing into ur mouth, or the stopping of the hypnosis as ur headphones go into the water. thats all.
it also may help u relax
cheers!
joey_jojo
Regular
Regular

Postby ZhenJi » January 10th, 2006, 3:29 pm

I should think that real-life emergencies (such as being underwater, or being seriously hurt) that happen while in a trance would automatically bring you out - they can't be so deep as to be dangerous to your physical health (in ways not intended by the file, at least...)
ZhenJi

Postby jonaustin316 » January 11th, 2006, 1:59 pm

I get that problem too.I listen to a file and towards the end of the induction,I fall asleep and wake 1-2 hours later.
jonaustin316

Return to Help with Files