need some n00b help...

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

need some n00b help...

Postby Phantom_Lonestar » August 27th, 2005, 9:34 pm

ok...im kinda nervous bout this...i firstly wanna know...is this evil? Cause i noticedthese things were called curses, thats just a name right...not really any magical thing there?. I mean I am Christian, and i would like to try one of these, but I am not sire if it is right to do so....or is this just some thing that is just mental....also what one would you suggest for me to try and tell me what it does...im sorry if i bothered anyone...and thank you for helping...please help...
Phantom_Lonestar

Postby Phantom_Lonestar » August 27th, 2005, 9:56 pm

this is gonna sound dumb...but i wanna try that typing thing where you type anything you want and it mentally comes true...cause i kinda wanted to see what real life would look like as an anime...but i might have got the concept wrong...
Phantom_Lonestar

Postby BillionSix » August 28th, 2005, 4:18 pm

The files aren't evil or magical, but many of them are certainly perverted, at least by most people's standards. Whether perverted=evil is up to you and your personal beliefs.
Hypnosis is simply a state of deep relaxation and focus in which the mind is made much more suggestable. You can't be made to do anything against your core beliefs and personality. If a person is affected by a slave training file, it is because he or she wants to be.
As for the Curse files, that is just a term that has come up on this site to describe a site where the person is compelled to keep listening, and the change is supposedly permanent. Whether is actually happens depends on the individual.
Your idea for making the world look all anime sounds interesting. I say give it a shot. Doesn't sound evil to me, unless you are into the hentai stuff. ;)

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
BillionSix
Regular
Regular

Postby MikeWulf » August 29th, 2005, 10:04 am

Hypnosis isn't evil, but it also isn't believed in by the churches. But that is the same as evolution etc. etc. so believe what you will.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Phantom_Lonestar » August 29th, 2005, 7:38 pm

what do you mean "not believed in" chirch wise? do they consider it a sin? or do they just not really like the concept of it?
Phantom_Lonestar

Postby sandy82 » August 29th, 2005, 8:22 pm

It depends on the church.

I bet some churches believe that hypnosis--along with dancing and playing cards--is a sin.

I bet that other churches couldn't care less.

A wise church, like a wise person, looks not just at the instrument, but at the purpose for which it is used.

Something tells me that you want encouragement from us strangers, but you're not sure you'd get it from your pastor. That choice, by itself, should tell you something about what you really think.

Phantom_Lonestar wrote:what do you mean "not believed in" chirch wise? do they consider it a sin? or do they just not really like the concept of it?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » August 29th, 2005, 8:36 pm

It all depends on who you talk to. Some forms/practices are endorsed by certain churches/religions/religious people.

I'm fairly sure that hypnosis used for most non-regular sexual behavior(furry transformation, ccp, etc), a.k.a. "kinky fun", are not endorsed by the majority of the aforementioned.

I've been told by a number of catholic(and non-catholic) priests that hypnosis used to 'cure' impotence/frigidity is 100% acceptable since in the bible "God" tells people to "Go forth and multiply."(Also called 'go have lots of kids so we can have their souls in chains for our own ends, muahaha!')

The curse files are files that are designed to be mostly permanent/run their course unless you pay someone(EMG/a hypnotist you go and see) some money to remove it. All the other files on this website can be removed by using the DeProgramAll mp3 provided by EMG in the files section.

P.S. If you can't tell... I have a strong dislike for any religion, organized or not, whose basic tenets make people feel ashamed for being born and apply guilt to manipulate you into "donating"... wait this is turning into a rant. Continue as if you read nothing typed in this post script.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby everworlder » August 29th, 2005, 11:53 pm

In the end it is your choice. It is not evil, some of the stuff on this site would probably offend the church, but alot of it, the church wouldnt care. It all depends on what ur looking for

for instance. Trig freezes are probably not going to offend anyone really, same with trig gone and most of the self help and simple inductions. Also i cant see too much of a problem with other files of this kind of nature, like trig amnesia.

On the other hand, the catholic church at the very least would almost definitely take offense to the bestiality stuff, the files intended to make a person gay, and probably the furry stuff, the feminization stuff and they probably wouldnt be too pleased at a couple of other files.

So it depends on ur view. Which is important.

Does it matter that the site carries the stuff that would be offensive, or do u not care as long as u dont use it.

Again, in the end, do whatever makes u happy.
everworlder
Regular
Regular

Postby MikeWulf » August 30th, 2005, 3:40 am

What I meant by believe is that they honestly think it is all just a bunch of pish posh. Some also believe it is devils controlling your body.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BobbyS » August 30th, 2005, 5:32 am

I heard one section of the Cathoic church believes hypnosis opens your mind to the devil - presumably they can't believe in demonic possession then, otherwise hypnosis would make no difference.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby MikeWulf » August 30th, 2005, 8:20 am

Don't be a fool! There are no contradictions in religion!
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » August 31st, 2005, 12:27 am

MikeWulf wrote:Don't be a fool! There are no contradictions in religion!

Wow.... just wow....
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » August 31st, 2005, 8:19 am

BobbyS wrote:I heard one section of the Cathoic church believes hypnosis opens your mind to the devil - presumably they can't believe in demonic possession then, otherwise hypnosis would make no difference.

The Catholic church would probably have three responses to the flaw you have found.

1. There is more than one road to London.
2. Please contribute now...and again later.
3. Please contribute now...and again later.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby MikeWulf » August 31st, 2005, 10:56 am

sandy82 wrote:The Catholic church would probably have three responses to the flaw you have found.

1. There is more than one road to London.
2. Please contribute now...and again later.
3. Please contribute now...and again later.

Actually, I think it would be more along the lines of...
JIKES! We have been found! I summon the dark lord KKDFS'K'HFC to mine aid! Let the war between light and dark rage!
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » September 1st, 2005, 4:49 am

Actually a lot of religions use hypnosis in their ceremonies. That is - their ceremonies entrance their participants. Maybe not so much the "mainstream" versions of the catholic church or the protestant ditto, but certainly the minorities out there. For instance: in many religions - or fractions of such - The congregation goes into a massive prayer - sometimes for hours, and then suddenly someone among them is overcome by the Holy Ghost and starts "speaking in tongues". The person will speak absolute gibberish, but is considered by the others in the congregation to be specially blessed - touched by God.

IMHO this is a hypnotic trance brought about by monotonous prayers for a prolonged period.

Another example: at many Mexican religious celebrations, people let themselves be crucified. They feel no pain, and their wounds close up quickly after the ceremony. They were in a trance, clearly.

Stigmata - enduced by a holy trance.

The list goes on.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » September 1st, 2005, 9:30 am

cardigan wrote:Actually a lot of religions use hypnosis in their ceremonies. That is - their ceremonies entrance their participants. Maybe not so much the "mainstream" versions of the catholic church or the protestant ditto, but certainly the minorities out there.

1. For instance: in many religions - or fractions of such - The congregation goes into a massive prayer - sometimes for hours, and then suddenly someone among them is overcome by the Holy Ghost and starts "speaking in tongues". The person will speak absolute gibberish, but is considered by the others in the congregation to be specially blessed - touched by God.

IMHO this ["this" means the example given in the preceding paragraph, numbered 1?] is a hypnotic trance brought about by monotonous prayers for a prolonged period.

2. Another example: at many Mexican religious celebrations, people let themselves be crucified. They feel no pain, and their wounds close up quickly after the ceremony. They were in a trance, clearly.

Stigmata [dvs, the example in the preceding paragraph, numbered 2?] - enduced by a holy trance.

3. The list goes on.

Cardigan, a very interesting post. Many thanks.

I have added some numbers [and bracketed language] to explain to myself the different examples you have used in your post. I hope I have placed them correctly.

From my own, perhaps incorrect, reading you have given two specific examples: the incomprehensible speech in large groups and the stigmata (healed wounds in the hands and feet/legs, arising from a crucifixion). The more general paragraph, numbered three, shows that other examples exist.

The introductory paragraph ("Actually a lot of religions....minorities out there.") is an introduction to the examples you cite.

If I haven't made divisions in the proper places, please let me know.

Could mantras in eastern religions also serve as monotonous prayers?

In terms of religious sects in Mexico, no doubt the HRCAC (Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church) has the largest following. I doubt that such crucifixions take place under the aegis, and with the full knowledge, of the HRCAC hierarchy. There are probably smaller non-Catholic denominations and some mixtures of Catholic and pre-Columbian folk beliefs. Since the main cause of death by genuine crucifixion is asphyxiation, the Mexican victims/celebrators apparently receive better treatment than did the thousands of criminals executed under the Roman Empire.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby MikeWulf » September 1st, 2005, 11:58 am

Don't forget American Indian drums. That is a really powerful one apparently.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » September 1st, 2005, 2:04 pm

Hi Sandy.

I did have 3 things in mind. You see - Stigmata and the healing of crucifiction wounds are not the same! Stigmata are wounds resembling the holes supposed to have been driven through the hands and feet of Jesus while on the cross, that suddenly appear on a person - who has not in any way been subjected to any kind of violence or crucifiction. They just appear - supposedly by themselves! Another Stigmata is small wounds approximately around the hairline - wounds resembling the wounds Jesus got from the thorny crown being pressed into his head - but without any external forces making the wounds in the first place. They just appear. I think that these stigmata are the products of trance. Contrary to the film featuring Patricia Arquette, only deeply religious people ever experience Stigmata! (I - for instance - have never experienced it, although I generally consider myself a christian! :P )

Also - as MikeWulf suggests - the American Indian rituals with rhythmic drumming and dancing going on for hours - days - is a very good way of inducing trance. I forgot that one, but thanks for reminding me! I think it was actually Milton Erickson who did a study of Indian rituals and trance dancing (not the modern variety, that one sees at raves!!! - Although this albeit drug-induced dancing has very much to do with a real trance too - only I wouldn't recommend it!). Ericksson was able to tell which indians dancing were in a real trance, and which ones were faking it. But of course - he's the father of modern hypnosis, so of course he would know! Who else?!

Regards - and thanks for the intersting comments!
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » September 1st, 2005, 8:23 pm

Speaking of raves, I've noticed a lot of trance music artists inadvertantely (maybe) give there tunes a hypnotic BWGen like sound.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby MikeWulf » September 3rd, 2005, 11:20 pm

makidas wrote:Speaking of raves, I've noticed a lot of trance music artists inadvertantely (maybe) give there tunes a hypnotic BWGen like sound.
I'd put that more down to the bassline for raves. Plus, brainwave stuff works on having different frequencies in each ear.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » September 4th, 2005, 3:29 pm

Cardigan,

Thanks for the helpful and informative reply on the stigmata and the crucifixions. Your description of the stigmata was very good, and the mental image reminded me of a characteristic that is shared by many, perhaps most, Christian denominations. Perhaps the observations may be useful to Phantom_Lonestar as well.

The stigmata reminded me of weeping statues, pieces of the true cross, and other such happenings/memorabilia in the HRCAC. About 10 years ago there was a weeping statue in some small town in, I think, Portugal. An investigation was conducted, and it was discovered that one of the resident clergy was pouring water somewhere in the back of the statue and, intermittently, a drop would appear on the statue's eyes.

There seems to be a tendency for these incredible things to happen in poor, small, rural locations where the congregation is very traditional and lightly educated. Weeping statues and such tend not to be seen in Notre Dame in Paris or Westminster Cathedral in London or in upscale parishes in Milan and Vienna.

I am led to believe that the divergence is not a matter of chance. The better-educated, wealthier, independent-minded parishioners in sophisticated centers won't believe such things, and those that promote such "miracles" know better than to try them out on the discerning.

Maybe there are genuine stigmata. I've seen photographs of them. I would like to have a dermatologist examine stigmata on the body of a Sorbonne professor who says out loud that Benedict XVI is a backward step for the Church.

These differences occur, to a greater or lesser extent, in many denominations. You won't hear the high-decibel fire and brimstone in a Southern Baptist church in the northwestern section of Atlanta or in Houston's River Oaks. There's a big difference in attitude between a Lutheran church in Boestrup and at Holmens or VFK.

The higher the socio-economic and educational levels of the congregation, the fewer the threats and outlandish claims by the clergy.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » September 4th, 2005, 3:29 pm

MikeWulf wrote:brainwave stuff works on having different frequencies in each ear.

Not necessarily, although it is helpful. Brainwave syncs work pretty well without headphones, that is after you have been trained (in a sence) to go under with the stuff, lol.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby johnbohnrevenge » September 5th, 2005, 6:42 am

Seriously, this is getting out of hand... I'm wondering if this should be moved to the Religion forum.
johnbohnrevenge
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » September 5th, 2005, 9:31 am

johnbohnrevenge wrote:Seriously, this is getting out of hand... I'm wondering if this should be moved to the Religion forum.

Yes, but isn't that exactly the beauty of it? Life, the Internet - total anarchy

:P
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » September 5th, 2005, 2:28 pm

johnbohnrevenge wrote:Seriously, this is getting out of hand... I'm wondering if this should be moved to the Religion forum.

LOL, jbr. Where are my fries?

We've missed seeing you all summer/your winter. You've popped in for a few memorable and funny lines, and your quick visits are always welcome.

You mentioned sometime ago that you had spent the month of June (or was it July?) doing something very interesting. You didn't volunteer any details, and I didn't ask for any. You said I wouldn't believe it.

Why not open your own new thread and tell us about it. That can be your second legacy. Your first was the institution of the Voting Forum. Your plea for that was heartfelt. It went something like this: "In the interest of sanity, please open a Voting forum as soon as you can."

I think of your advice every time I visit the Voting Forum. In search of sanity. Alas, Diogenes has preceded me, in search of the same, and I can still smell whiffs of kerosene.

Nice to have you back, however briefly. And, in the tradition of the Voting Forum, offering pertinent advice yet again. Should we welcome you back...or merely wave as you go by?

In any event, I'm glad to see you. I welcome your sound views and ethical standards on such oddities as poll questions that offer a choice between Yes and Maybe.

In the present case, you are correct on the issue of order/logic. I share your view. You are slightly off-point on the human angle. Phantom_Lonestar made his very first post when he opened this thread. He was concerned in that first post with the question of whether the files at the site were irreligious. That mixed question falls more under the religion/politics heading on this site. He didn't need Help With Files because his question was not going to change the content of the files, nor did he seem to have any problem with accessing the files. But he was a brand-new member, with some concerns, and the theme he established has stayed where he put it. Almost every post in the thread has dealt with either (1)the overlap (or otherwise) of religion and hypnosis or (2) the shortcomings of some churches, with feet mired in clay, that nonetheless want to "guide" people with minds mired in fear. In fairness, nobody has addressed the conceivable shortcomings of hypnosis--which is hardly surprising in light of the site's nature and contents.

There is also the question of manpower, humanpower, furrypower. (I want to be inclusive here.) I and others have pointed out that threads need to be moved. Nothing happens. In contrast, the thread on Global Warming was established in Idle Chatter by the first poster. It is now under religion/politics. You can read for yourself the founder's plaintive post from the sudden new location: "Who moved this thread?"

I don't think it's EMG's sole responsibility to police the threads and weigh each post for relevance. He has more than enough to deal with. There are several problems with the placement of threads and posts. First, there's a minor but insoluble problem: a few posts are totally incomprehensible; perhaps they could be put into a thread entitled "Welsh, anyone?" A more significant structural issue is that there's a moderator shortage. At the moment, we have three in name. Only one does the clean-up work after a surprise event, such as a Triple-R attack. We've had several Religious Right Raids. For the last two, I was lucky or unlucky enough to be on site at the time, and I contacted the lone experienced moderator likely to be awake at 3:30 am GMT. He came in and cleared away the wreckage. (The Administration in Washington could use even one disaster specialist with his experience and skill.) Both of the other moderators are good, solid people. One has admitted indirectly that he doesn't have the permission and/or expertise to disconnect a PM link when Member A is using PMs to harass Member B. He made the admission in the context of trying to help out a vexed, long-time member. If either or both of the newer moderators have the authority to move threads and choose not to do so, I can hardly blame them: who would thank them for doing so? Virtually nobody. Who would complain? At least somebody. Who needs the grief, as a volunteer.

Now you have some sense of why things are located where they are. As Cardigan pointed out above, there is a free-spirited anarchy about it, which can be rather fun at times. Still, some order would be in order. And this is where you come in. If you are willing to come around on a regular and continuing basis, a group of us can ask EMG to appoint you as a moderator with full powers. I think you'd be acceptable to all the members--except perhaps those who like Yes-Maybe polls. I'm sure you would do a superb job.

What do you say?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby davelowe1977 » September 6th, 2005, 8:33 am

sandy82 wrote:One has admitted indirectly that he doesn't have the permission and/or expertise to disconnect a PM link when Member A is using PMs to harass Member B. He made the admission in the context of trying to help out a vexed, long-time member. If either or both of the newer moderators have the authority to move threads and choose not to do so, I can hardly blame them: who would thank them for doing so? Virtually nobody. Who would complain? At least somebody. Who needs the grief, as a volunteer.

As a moderator of Diapers/Incontinence, I can report that the only extra privileges I have are to edit or delete posts in that specific forum. I cannot move threads, or influence PMs. I Hope that clarifies a little.

Incidentally, that forum has been quiet recently, and nothing controversial has happened on my watch, so besides reading every post, I've had little to do!
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » September 6th, 2005, 11:01 am

davelowe1977 wrote:
sandy82 wrote:One has admitted indirectly that he doesn't have the permission and/or expertise to disconnect a PM link when Member A is using PMs to harass Member B. He made the admission in the context of trying to help out a vexed, long-time member. If either or both of the newer moderators have the authority to move threads and choose not to do so, I can hardly blame them: who would thank them for doing so? Virtually nobody. Who would complain? At least somebody. Who needs the grief, as a volunteer.

As a moderator of Diapers/Incontinence, I can report that the only extra privileges I have are to edit or delete posts in that specific forum. I cannot move threads, or influence PMs. I Hope that clarifies a little.

Incidentally, that forum has been quiet recently, and nothing controversial has happened on my watch, so besides reading every post, I've had little to do!

Dave, that's rather what I thought. I hope you realized that no criticism was intended; for you and I have had a number of thoughtful exchanges on the legality and propriety of concealed subliminal messages and related topics. Also geography lessons! :) Remember, where is Preston? Thirteen in England and one in Connecticut.

As I indicated, even if you or I or John Doe had the authority to move threads, I would be loath to do it. High probability of complaints, low probability of thanks--and all set against the backdrop of some slightly or even largely theme-irrelevant posts whose misplacement does not threaten the planet.

I know that you have experience as a moderator on a local/regional site in your home area, and you are certainly a whiz on the fine points of electronic editing, recording, and associated topics. But I doubted that you would be awake and alert at 4:30 in the morning, BST. (And I hope you don't have a megaphone alarm attached to your computer in case of incoming e-mail notifications.) So, when the last Triple-R occurred about a month ago, I contacted the one moderator who I knew had experience and who was likely to be awake, shortly before midnight in his time zone.

It's no secret about the identity of the moderator whom I mentioned indirectly. I've known the level of Deathjdstn's authority from reading the thread in which Jerm inquired whether others had received annoying PMs from someone calling himself SageMagnus.

Deathjdstn, a moderator for Idle Chatter, responded to Jerm on August 17. (BTW, I have offered to hold Deathjdstn's credit cards, debit card, wallet, and cash in time of ...er ...need, and I want him to know that the offer is still open. My "holding charges" are very low. :wink: ) Deathjdstn responded to Jerm with genuine concern, but with apparently the same authority that you have.

deathjdstn wrote:is the member still bothering u?

If u wish for that member to leave u alone or u think he or she is a minor let me know and i can pass it on to EMG for u to get it checked out

other than that my best advice is to just no reply to him then he will get tired and will move on but if he is harrsing u please let us know or EMG

thanks

hope this helps

I'm glad to know that your bailiwick is quiet. As you know, we have other areas that have developed into the site's version of Dodge City/Brixton/New Orleans/Baghdad--and if you'd like to join the WMM National Guard... :P The only high ground in that neighborhood is Pirsig, and a measure of serenity is always welcome.

Johnbohnrevenge raised what, in all honesty, looked like a simple observation: shouldn't this thread be moved? I think we all have a better understanding now that constructive suggestions are sometimes easier than the actions required to carry them out.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby MikeWulf » September 6th, 2005, 5:24 pm

makidas wrote:
MikeWulf wrote:brainwave stuff works on having different frequencies in each ear.

Not necessarily, although it is helpful. Brainwave syncs work pretty well without headphones, that is after you have been trained (in a sence) to go under with the stuff, lol.
Well that has nothing to do with what the brainwave beats are doing, it's just a trigger (or anchor).
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » September 6th, 2005, 8:17 pm

MikeWulf wrote:Well that has nothing to do with what the brainwave beats are doing, it's just a trigger (or anchor).

I don't know how to say this politely but, once again, you do not know what you're talking about.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby MikeWulf » September 7th, 2005, 2:15 am

makidas wrote:
MikeWulf wrote:Well that has nothing to do with what the brainwave beats are doing, it's just a trigger (or anchor).

I don't know how to say this politely but, once again, you do not know what you're talking about.
What the _FUCK_ are you talking about? First, tell me where else I was wrong. Second, give me a bloody good explanation why I am wrong here.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » September 7th, 2005, 9:22 am

You are not worth my time, in the future however you should do a little research before you spew whatever random bullshit pops into your head. Also, if you try being a little less hostile, you're likely to get a better response.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby davelowe1977 » September 7th, 2005, 12:03 pm

Tolerence, gentlemen, please!

On the point of the brainwave files, I side with mikewulf. They work by spacially encoding the sound so that it appears to 'rotate' around the head at a certain frequency. The frequency is chosen to match the results of medical studies that have determined that the brain 'works' at differing frequencies depending on mood and state of wakefulness. As an example they may range from high alpha (fast) to deep theta (slow), depending on whether you are highly awake and thinking fast, to deeply asleep. The actual frequency that is considered best suited to helping hypnosis is open to some interpretation, but this is outside the scope of this post. In any case, when presented with a persistant external frequency, the brain eventually synchronises to it.

Mikewulf is correct on two points. Firstly, they will only work with headphones because each ear must only hear the correct channel - left or right - in order to have the desired effect. With speakers there will be too much 'overspill' from one ear to the other - the brain will concentrate on the delay between ears relating to the difference in distance from each ear to each speaker and not on the intended spacial effect.

Secondly, if you have success with the brainwave files, you will subconciously attach the files to the success, much like an hynotic anchor or trigger (akin to cognative behavioural therapy techniques).

If anyone disagrees with what I have written, please respond politely! I fail to see the benefit in turning a disagreement into a slanging match.
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » September 7th, 2005, 2:37 pm

Dave, a very good post. You expressed your opinion, based on accuracy of substantive information. I express mine based on the color of the language, a history of seeing such colors, and the sudden spike in emotional intensity earlier today.

This brainwave mini-thread has eight posts in it, beginning with Cardigan on September 1, who made a passing reference to raves. Posts 5-7 are reprinted in the box, below.

MikeWulf wrote:
makidas wrote:

What the _FUCK_ are you talking about? First, tell me where else I was wrong. Second, give me a bloody good explanation why I am wrong here.

Mike, FWIW, I find your post offensive. If my memory is correct, this is the first time I've used those five words together. I find your post offensive.

Let me tell you why. Two reasons, among others.

1. We used to have a member with the nick, that_guy_812. Sometimes, his posts were ingenious. Sometimes they were funny. Sometimes, clever. He started several popular threads. Favorite Movies, Non-Sequiturs, etc. His problem was that, with some frequency, he went out of control. The guy who had been witty earlier in the day would then make a post and hurl unimaginative, gutter-level insults at the generous guy who provides these Forums for free--once calling him an agent of Satan or some such, followed by about 50 (verrrrrry original) "twisted evil" emoticons. I make copies of threads and save them on my PC because they may be valuable, even necessary, one day. I'm pretty sure I have the particular post. All posts made by that_guy_812 have been deleted.

That sort of wild swing suggests a personal problem of some magnitude. When questioned about it, he said that he was "high on caffeine." Plenty of people drink lots of coffee, but few bite the hand that feeds them. I accepted half of what he said. I accepted "high", but I did not accept "caffeine." I'm no doctor, and I can't diagnose with accuracy. I showed several of his posts, with all identifiers and indicative subject matter removed, to a doctor friend of mine. He made a disclaimer about geographic distance but added informally that, judging by the posting times and other data, he believed the writer might have a problem that deserved attention.

This is still a reasonably free country, and I assume that your anglophone place of residence is in the same general situation. You are free to provide us all the evidence you want. You do it with each of your posts. We, in turn, are free to draw conclusions. We do it with each of your posts, too.

I end this point with a question. Do you want us to draw conclusions based on the evidence you have given us so far?

2. I am disappointed in the banality of your language. (If your insults--even your eruptions--were artful, readers could enjoy them. You should read some Restoration authors.) "Fuck" is a fine old Teutonic word, used earlier in the Netherlands than in England; but it has lost its verbal punch as an emotive intensifier. As an expletive, it has kept its ...what? ...TUC/chewing-tobacco associations. In plain language, you haven't insulted Makidas; you've made yourself look the dullard wielding a blunt instrument. If I might, I compare your blast to canine urine: it doesn't harm a person's legs, but it's an unnecessary distraction to have had one's trousers sprayed.

I was asked about your post before I even saw it. I draw below on my answer, also written before I saw your post.

---MikeWulf...

---he's smart and he can be witty. But often he is so abrasive that he defeats his own point. Kind of like a leaky pipe that "heals" itself because the water is full of calcium or some other mineral deposit. So, in that respect, he's more of a harm to himself than to others. But some of his posts are genuinely raw, all the more because they're ill-considered and gratuitous. Poorly written and poorly aimed.

In all fairness, Mike, we have a very few here--perhaps one or two--who make much worse impressions, for at least you seem honest. But is that the sort of company with whom you want your colleagues to associate you?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby EMGsKink » September 7th, 2005, 2:52 pm

davelowe1977 wrote:Tolerence, gentlemen, please!

On the point of the brainwave files, I side with mikewulf. They work by spacially encoding the sound so that it appears to 'rotate' around the head at a certain frequency. The frequency is chosen to match the results of medical studies that have determined that the brain 'works' at differing frequencies depending on mood and state of wakefulness. As an example they may range from high alpha (fast) to deep theta (slow), depending on whether you are highly awake and thinking fast, to deeply asleep. The actual frequency that is considered best suited to helping hypnosis is open to some interpretation, but this is outside the scope of this post. In any case, when presented with a persistant external frequency, the brain eventually synchronises to it.

Mikewulf is correct on two points. Firstly, they will only work with headphones because each ear must only hear the correct channel - left or right - in order to have the desired effect. With speakers there will be too much 'overspill' from one ear to the other - the brain will concentrate on the delay between ears relating to the difference in distance from each ear to each speaker and not on the intended spacial effect.

Secondly, if you have success with the brainwave files, you will subconciously attach the files to the success, much like an hynotic anchor or trigger (akin to cognative behavioural therapy techniques).

If anyone disagrees with what I have written, please respond politely! I fail to see the benefit in turning a disagreement into a slanging match.

Actually, that is correct only in terms of binarual beats. A binaural requires two tones one in each ear that are offset from each other by the frequency that you wish the binarual beat.

There are other types of sounds that can synchronize brainwaves into a certain state, ie beta, alpha, theta and delta. For example a pulsed beat will also cause brainwave sychronization without needing to be heard via headphones. The tone is plused in a way that causes the brain to "hear" it as a certain frequency, ie 5 hz. The pulsing can be done via various wave forms: sine, sawtooth, etc.

Personally, I find binaural tones to be more effective than pulsed, but if you don't have headphones you can do brain wave entrainment with the others.
EMGsKink
Regular
Regular

Postby MikeWulf » September 7th, 2005, 5:12 pm

He was wrong. I corrected him. He got shitty and said I was wrong (yet again?). I swore as an exaggeration of my anger. You focused on one word and went on with a rant about some other guy. Nice...
When I know I am right, and someone says I am wrong, it pisses me off...Big deal.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

bwgen

Postby thephantom » September 7th, 2005, 5:47 pm

makidas is completly wrong

BWGen work by using 2 differents frequency, one in each ear.
The rest is just some "cute" things to make it less boring and annoying and to "hide" the tones...
Using an headphone is strongly suggered to not say required, as the stronger the separation, the stronger is the effect. Without headphone, each ear will hear about the same thing, thru there will be no difference between the 2 "channels", cancelling all the effects. Same ting with a mono sound, it will cancel everything and transform it an annoying noise without any effect at all.

Basically, the brain mix those 2 tones, and a third tone is then generated, which is the difference between the 2 tones. For example, a 995hz tone and a 1005hz tone will mix together to make a 10hz tone.
The brain will then try to synchronise on that frequency, thru helping to go in trance.

So MikeWulf was right!

Makidas: you really should do some research before you say shit again! And stop to lie!
thephantom
Regular
Regular

Postby sandy82 » September 7th, 2005, 6:30 pm

MikeWulf wrote:He was wrong. I corrected him. He got shitty and said I was wrong (yet again?). I swore as an exaggeration of my anger. You focused on one word and went on with a rant about some other guy. Nice...
When I know I am right, and someone says I am wrong, it pisses me off...Big deal.

LOL. Whatever you say, Mike. Whatever you say.

We draw conclusions.

And not about "some other guy."

Thanks for another revealing post.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Re: bwgen

Postby makidas » September 7th, 2005, 9:17 pm

thephantom wrote:Makidas: you really should do some research before you say shit again! And stop to lie!

Nice grammar, anyways, I'm speaking from personal experience. I have been using Bwgen for quite awhile. I can go under with it without headpnones, although (like I said) they do help. The stereo effect does help, but is not required. So, go ahead and flame away! You're only making yourself look bad.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Re: bwgen

Postby MikeWulf » September 8th, 2005, 3:20 am

Nice grammar, anyways, I'm speaking from personal experience. I have been using Bwgen for quite awhile. I can go under with it without headpnones, although (like I said) they do help. The stereo effect does help, but is not required. So, go ahead and flame away! You're only making yourself look bad.[/quote]Hey! Ignorant! What is happening is you are going into trance via an anchor...Just like I said before.
Get a clue, man.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » September 8th, 2005, 10:38 am

I'm not going to argue over something so petty. That's an assumption, assumption's are like assholes, everyone seems to have one. The problem with assumptions is that they are usually incorrect. (I think I may have said that once before.)
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby MikeWulf » September 8th, 2005, 8:58 pm

makidas wrote:I'm not going to argue over something so petty. That's an assumption, assumption's are like assholes, everyone seems to have one. The problem with assumptions is that they are usually incorrect. (I think I may have said that once before.)
Have you ever thought I might be making my arguments on facts? HUH? Jesus, man.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » September 8th, 2005, 9:32 pm

I apologize, but I rare to never see any research as the end all. We understand so much, yet so little about how the brain works, how can you honestly say that your findings are based on fact. Not to mention how little research is available on Brainwave Syncs. It is all trial and error at this point. Note, I mean absolutely no disrepect.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » September 9th, 2005, 6:02 am

Mikewulf: What facts are those?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby MikeWulf » September 13th, 2005, 4:23 am

makidas wrote:I apologize, but I rare to never see any research as the end all. We understand so much, yet so little about how the brain works, how can you honestly say that your findings are based on fact. Not to mention how little research is available on Brainwave Syncs. It is all trial and error at this point. Note, I mean absolutely no disrepect.
Thanks man. That was the sort of response I was hoping for.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » September 17th, 2005, 10:39 pm

MikeWulf wrote: Have you ever thought I might be making my arguments on facts? HUH? Jesus, man.

Mike, the thought that you might be making arguments based on facts never crossed my mind. I know that you make arguments and excuses based on contempt for other people.

Somehow I doubt that you will want to dispute that last sentence.

In your apparent happiness at receiving an apology from someone who owed you nothing, you have overlooked a question that's still on the table.

Jack, who is an acknowledged expert on hypnosis, asked you a simple question.

"MikeWulf: What facts are those?"

It's time for you to answer Jack's question.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files