Sleeping or Trancing

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Sleeping or Trancing

Postby Deemreo » October 28th, 2010, 2:30 am

This question is probably asked a lot, but it probably varies from person to person.

When I lay down and start listening to the file, I'll listen and be aware through the induction and usually the deepener, but usually I go a little bit into the instruction, and next thing I know I'm waking up.

I'll have absolutely no recollection of the files, and usually when I wake up, my .mp3 player is off, which means that it has been a minute or two at least since the last file stopped. I usually look at the clock before I start, and usually it's only a little longer than the length of the file when I wake up.

So my question is, is that falling asleep, or is that actual trance? Should I remain 'aware' through the process or am I relaxing too much and falling asleep.

Regardless of that, do you think I should set it up so the files loop over and over again, so if I am sleeping it will be looping for a few hours?

I usually trance an hour or two before I go to bed, (But you have to understand, it's very hard for me to fall asleep before my 'bed-time') perhaps I should find a way to listen to the file in the morning instead?

Thank you for any thoughts on the matter.
Deemreo
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » October 28th, 2010, 3:55 am

Unless you are a light sleeper when you sleep, it sounds like you go into trance. I'm guessing however, that you have yet to see results of the files, right?

Keep at it and don't lose faith. It's a good idea to not trance when you are droopy-drowsy and ready for bed. Instead do it at a time when your mind is awake. :-)

IMHO it's no use (or very uncertain) to loop a file over when you're asleep. During sleep your subconscious is not available from the outside. There are brief windows (during REM sleep) where it is available, but it's much more reliable to just go into trance from the waking state than to rely on effects from listening during sleep.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Deemreo » October 28th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Yes, I have yet to see the results of the files, however, as you probably guessed, I'm fairly new to this. In addition, I've only been listening to the files for less than a week.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will try to use the hypnosis files earlier in the day, although it's worth mentioning that I'm most productive before I go to bed at night.

I actually think I am seeing just a little bit of progress from the files. You see, I created them myself, and one of them was to help me forget a spoiler to a story. I created it so that every time I try to remember the file I will think of blue mountains instead. So not only do I forget, but I think of something else.

While I can still remember all of the instances of the spoilers... the memory seems, perhaps more foggy, and I definitely think of blue mountains. This however, could just be a placebo.
Deemreo
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » October 28th, 2010, 10:06 pm

Welcome aboard, and it sounds very interesting, what you are doing!

Making files for myself was actually how I started too.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files