The Newbies Guide to Hypnosis/Trancing

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Postby Alien4420 » June 4th, 2014, 3:09 pm

As far as I can tell, the question of whether everyone can be hypnotized is still an open one. It's possible that, in addition to being a skill, suggestibility is inherited. I've also seen hypnotists say that someone may respond to a particular hypnotist but not another. It could be that you could be hypnotized in other circumstances and for other purposes.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby IWANTHOTDOG » June 4th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Also, I find trance extremely boring at times. The only thing I want to do at that point is start itching body parts and get up and stop listening.
IWANTHOTDOG
Regular
Regular

Postby Alien4420 » June 5th, 2014, 12:04 pm

I think the boredom could be caused by various things. Not being in a trance would be one of them. I find some files too long and others I've just listened to too many times. And I find that some hypnotists have a style I find boring. OTOH, there are files I've listened to hundreds of times that never bored me so I'm not really sure what the criteria are.

I often get itchy as I go into a deep trance. It's as if my brain stops filtering out all the little itches that are usually suppressed. if I can get past focusing on my itches I'm OK.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby Kcenv » June 5th, 2014, 12:32 pm

The interesting thing is Ive looked at personality types that are suggestible and I should be.

Daydreamer, creative, able to lose myself in a moment.

I trance fairly well and deep, but the suggestions didnt stick, but lately a few cracks have started showing up in the wall that is my brain, minor suggestions are starting to click, not huge effects, but little things.

Which is begining to make me think Im not immune just highly resistant, and if thats the case, once the wall cracks, it might break down hard.

One interesting moment I had, is while wide awake I had this really intense sensation that reality wasnt as real or stable as I think it is.
Kcenv

Postby Alien4420 » June 5th, 2014, 12:53 pm

That's somewhat mystifying. If you're going into a trance and are amenable to the suggestions they should work. Maybe one/some of the components of trance are off? You really need several things to fall in line -- trust in the hypnotist, obedience, emotional relaxation, belief, etc. Or maybe you just have to listen longer. Also, what kind of suggestions are you going for? Many behavioral changes can be accomplished in light trance, but hallucination requires a deep, somnambulistic state.

OTOH the fact that some of the suggestions are starting to work is a good sign. It may be that as you say you're on the cusp of something. I'm frequently surprised now to find just how powerful suggestions can be after only a single listen. I've become more suggestible with time.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby IWANTHOTDOG » June 5th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Ok so maybe I've been going about it the wrong way. I'm a thinker, I am always thinking, infact I think too much. I also daydream quite a bit like when in the shower or driving.

So I decided to allow myself to daydream about whatever I want while trancing. I may incorporate some of the words of the file into my scenarios in weird ways. Now you might think visualization inductions would work well for me, but I feel they go to slowly and I need to be able to come up with my own scenarios that go at whatever speed I want.

So far I've listened to a bedwetting file twice like this. I seem to be more relaxed this way. I'll keep at it once a day for a week and see how it goes.
IWANTHOTDOG
Regular
Regular

Postby Alien4420 » June 5th, 2014, 5:53 pm

An analytical tendency does interfere with hypnosis. I have to fight that myself. For people like us, hypnosis is largely a matter of doing less, rather than more. You don't need or want the analytical part of your mind. It has to let go. One trick is to pretend that the hypnotist is your mind speaking to you. Another is just to repeat what the hypnotist says after he says it, that tends to short circuit your own thought process, besides which you tend to trust yourself. And don't worry about helping the hypnosis out, the analytical mind doesn't want to believe it but it isn't doing the work here, it's going to try to do the work because it's in the habit of running your affairs but it has to let a more primitive part of you take charge instead.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby Kcenv » June 6th, 2014, 7:38 pm

Blinks basic induction...

I Thought I was going into trances with the normal files, then bubble I thought was getting me into deep trances.

I cant even describe the trance I was in after blinks basic induction.

This was literally 10x stronger and deeper than any trance Ive been in before.

Now I just have to figure out how to get from the state that leaves me of in to the next file, maybe a stacking playlist or something.
Kcenv

Postby IWANTHOTDOG » June 18th, 2014, 12:40 pm

Ugh I'm still getting itchy feelings that start in one place, then out of nowhere I'm itching everywhere and everything starts feeling not good. It forces me out of trance instantly. Its like I have a built in system preventing me from trancing.
IWANTHOTDOG
Regular
Regular

Postby Alien4420 » June 18th, 2014, 2:26 pm

I've had the itching problem. Once you get beyond it, it goes away, but that's easier said than done. Suggest you make a hypnofile that tells you you won't itch when you go into trance.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby Endo » June 18th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Huh. Perhaps a good shower and scrub may be in order. Tell yourself that each time you shower, you wash away the itchiness. The more you shower, the more itch-free you are. And before you know it, you are an itchless listener.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby lew897 » July 9th, 2014, 3:20 am

I would suggest taking the whole order on. As going into trance focus on relaxing all the irritations. I myself need three things not happening, irritations, sounds not bothering me, and being active. I worked on one which was irritations when that stopped bothering me sounds were annoying, then seeing stuff in trance just made me active. Like I would react to a lot of what was happening while in trance. So, I generally think tackling one or more the entire time your listening will help since subconsciously most people say they know the file by heart so focusing on making the things that bother you, less bothersome or not bother you at all is a worth while pursuit. Of course, this is just from my own experience. I think these things become apparent over time.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Riku8675309 » July 22nd, 2014, 4:33 pm

I'm new to hypnosis and I wanted to know if it would be a good idea or worth the work to take an induction, a deepener, and a transformation files together and remove the awakener at the end of the deepener and induction so that they all kind of go together with out coming out of trance?
Riku8675309

Postby im_not_here » July 23rd, 2014, 8:14 pm

Riku8675309 wrote:I'm new to hypnosis and I wanted to know if it would be a good idea or worth the work to take an induction, a deepener, and a transformation files together and remove the awakener at the end of the deepener and induction so that they all kind of go together with out coming out of trance?

It can work, but the sudden change in voice or volume might throw you out of trance. if you can, try to get all 3 from the same 'tist. it'll reduce potential distractions.
im_not_here

Miss Saffron's slave file

Postby WarrenGWonka » August 29th, 2014, 3:22 am

This is a slave file with a trigger and release trigger. Release happens automatically after one hour without commands, or waking from sleep. I was wondering how strong the compulsion was; the file has an optional trigger test at the end with commands to like the file, thank the hypnotist, and write a comment on it before release.

I set up a game of Candy Crush, took the enchantment, took the trigger, and immediately went to Candy Crush. After about five minutes, I was feeling an orgasmic buildup without excitement. It grew until I orgasmed, shortly, another started. They got closer and closer together and stronger, with no fun at all. Not unlike a bull with an electric ejaculator running to collect his seed. After four or five, I got the idea that someone was telling me something; so I complied with the commands.

Is this kind of subtlety standard? I expected more direct methods. :roll:
WarrenGWonka

Re: The Newbies Guide to Hypnosis/Trancing

Postby tripplethreat » April 5th, 2016, 9:15 pm

So far nothing is working. I'm not sure if I'm not patient enough, but I'm starting to get frustrated. My body falls into trace, hard to move, relaxed, etc, but my mind isn't. It's not that I don't "want" it because I very much do. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it just takes a lot more time? Any tips for me in calming my mind and keeping it on track?
tripplethreat

Previous

Return to Help with Files