something wrong with my internal email

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

something wrong with my internal email

Postby pennyT » November 11th, 2010, 5:08 pm

I send emails or reply to inbox emails and they just sit there and don't go out :( It used to work...

Who can help with this?

Am I the only one?

pennyt
pennyT
Regular
Regular

Re: something wrong with my internal email

Postby sarnoga » November 11th, 2010, 5:47 pm

pennyT wrote:I send emails or reply to inbox emails and they just sit there and don't go out :( It used to work...

Who can help with this?

Am I the only one?

pennyt

Hello pennyT,

Are you refering to the Private Message system here? I'm not sure what you mean by sending emails or reply to inbox.

After you compose a New Post or Post Reply and click on the Submit button, the message should go to your Outbox. It should sit there in your Outbox until it is opened by the person to whom you sent it. Once the message has been opened by the account you sent it to, it should be transferred to your Sentbox.

If a message is in your Sentbox then it has been opened by someone on the other end. Messages may sit in the Outbox forever if nobody opens them on the other end. I have a few messages that have been in my Outbox for almost 1 1/2 years.

If this is how it is working for you then all is well. If not, what exactly is happening?

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Thank you!

Postby pennyT » November 11th, 2010, 6:12 pm

Thank you for explaining to this ditzy gurl <giggle> I feel like sooo silly now.

Yes I was talking of the internal mail system here.

pennyt
pennyT
Regular
Regular

Postby sarnoga » November 11th, 2010, 8:01 pm

You're welcome, pennyT.

No need to feel silly. I recall being confused myself by how certain things worked only to discover that I was overlooking something. Once it was pointed out I wondered how I had missed it.

Glad that cleared things up for you.

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files