Eyes Open or Closed?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Eyes Open or Closed?

Postby Storms » June 4th, 2011, 4:30 pm

In a darkened room trancing, I can't make up my mind which is better.

If I try to keep my eyes closed, I wind up with one eye half open, and one shut. If I try to trance with my eyes open, then they both get invariably squinty.

It's a bit troublesome, kind of like becoming aware of the position of your tongue while getting your teeth cleaned at the dentist.

I'm thinking about cutting a pingpong ball in half to cover my eyes and turning on a red light for a ganzfield effect.

It might all be imagined but I've noticed on more than one occasion now I could swear I felt my eyes get jerky, like when you see someone in REM sleep. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it good or bad, or highly improbable that I would notice?
Storms
Regular
Regular

Postby radar » June 4th, 2011, 6:33 pm

Hi Storms,
I get Rapid Eye Movement when I am under almost every time. For me it is a good sign. It tends to draw me deeper into trance as it is one effect that (while awake) I know I only get during trance.
It also seems to bring on a deeper level of visualisation with me. Without the REM I get pictures and snippets of suggestions the trance offers. With REM it turns into a complete 3d movie with special effects.. :)
I hope this helps you

Joanne xx
radar
Regular
Regular

Postby Jeshi » June 5th, 2011, 12:16 am

I'm kind of confused about what you mean with your problems with having your eyes closed. If you're incapable of keeping both of your eyes shut you should probably see a real professional doctor about that because it doesn't sound very good.

Eyes closed is definitely best. Eyes open trance is possible but definitely not as good as eyes closed.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby zapnosis » June 5th, 2011, 3:13 am

I used to be an "eyes closed" person, but then I found that going into the deepest trances it helped to open my eyes a little and let them close again whenever. Then again I don't actually decide to do it each time, so maybe it's just me learning to relax my control. It's good though. :D
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Storms » June 5th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Thank you all.

It doesn't sound good, but that's just the way it sounds. I sleep fine, these issues only bug me when trancing. It's probably the ritalin I take.

I'm sure if I went to see the family doc about it, he'd probably just tell me to stop trancing. But I think at some point it might be worthwhile to sit down vis a vis with a professional 'tist.

I'd just have to think of some legitimate reason that's not too terribly perverted...

I'd bet I'd probably be dissappointed though. Some of the files on here really are works of fine art, and to expect someone to be able to create a similar experience at will I think is unrealistic.

WMM has ruined me for all other hypnotists. :^)
Storms
Regular
Regular

Postby rgn » June 10th, 2011, 12:34 am

It is possible to be in trance with eyes open or closed. I tend to close my eyes anytime I listen to a file irregardless of the level of light in the room. I just find it easier to relax with my eyes closed. I would recommend trying to focus on something else related to going into trance and not even think about your eyes being opened or closed. If you notice or think about your eyes, immediately focus on something else - like the hypnotists voice. There are a few inductions that suggests opening eyes while breathing in and closing eyes while breathing out. That might be an interesting way to shift your focus as well.

I would love to experience a trance as a 3d movie with special effects! That sounds pretty cool radar (Joanne)!
rgn
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files