Can't be hypnotized

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Can't be hypnotized

Postby outkast1728 » November 20th, 2011, 5:45 pm

I REALLY want to be put under and made to act and otherwise become more of a jock instead of a twinkish effeminate nerd. I'd like to be hypnotized into bulking up and working out and whatever but I can't seem to be put under for some reason. I think it might be because of my ADHD but I could be wrong.
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Postby outkast1728 » November 21st, 2011, 6:12 pm

Can anyone help?
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Re: Can't be hypnotized

Postby sarnoga » November 22nd, 2011, 8:48 am

outkast1728 wrote:I REALLY want to be put under and made to act and otherwise become more of a jock instead of a twinkish effeminate nerd. I'd like to be hypnotized into bulking up and working out and whatever but I can't seem to be put under for some reason. I think it might be because of my ADHD but I could be wrong.

What's wrong with being a twinkish effeminate nerd with ADHD? That sounds more appealing than a jock.

Regards,

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby outkast1728 » November 22nd, 2011, 8:50 am

The look may work for you, you sexy boy, but I come from a family of very muscular, masculine men that are all beefy jocks.
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Re: Reply

Postby bandler » November 22nd, 2011, 11:34 am

outkast1728 wrote:... but I come from a family of very muscular, masculine men that are all beefy jocks.

There is this thing, called 'Modeling'.

Not like walking down a runway in high fashion clothing, but rather, observing what other people do in great detail and then DOING WHAT THEY DO TO GET WHAT THEY GET.

IF your family is indeed full of muscular masculine men, follow one of them around and take notes. Then, when no one is looking, do exactly what that big beefy masculine man does.

It worked for Tony Robbins.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ocntrl » November 22nd, 2011, 12:36 pm

Seconding the above opinion, allow me to add my 2 cents.

If you want to be like muscular masculine man, why don't you just get started at becoming one?

You don't need hypnosis or any special tools for that matter to get started.

After reading this or any of the replies you find here go to your room and just do as many sit-ups, push-ups and crunches you can do. Trow in any other muscle building stuff you are aware of.

Simply do that for the next 6 weeks, increasing the number of reps every time and you'll notice an amazing thing... you'll become a muscular masculine man.

Ahh... but you say yo don't have the willpower to do that. Or that you get distracted. blaming it on ADHD.

Well then, write this on a piece of paper:

I WILL EXERCISE EVERY DAY INCREASING THE NUMBER OF REPS EVERY DAY AND IF I SKIP A DAY I AM AN IDIOT

and put it in a spot where you will see it every day.

Is that still not enough to get you going... then tell someone to monitor you doing it every day and to punch you in the stomach every day you skip a session. Maybe that works as encouragement.

Not being sarcastic here... being dead serious.

Just do it and don't try to blame not being successful on anything else but yourself.

All the best. I bet you'll be amazed 6 weeks from now!
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

retort

Postby outkast1728 » November 22nd, 2011, 3:48 pm

That's just it though, I've been working out everyday, going to the gym, pumping iron, running, and doing various other exercises to no avail. I haven't put on a single pound of muscle or lost any fat whatsoever.
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Re: retort

Postby bandler » November 22nd, 2011, 4:37 pm

outkast1728 wrote:That's just it though, I've been working out everyday, going to the gym, pumping iron, running, and doing various other exercises to no avail. I haven't put on a single pound of muscle or lost any fat whatsoever.

Okay, please list in detail the exercises you did in the last three days.

Which lifts, how much weight, how many reps?
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby outkast1728 » November 22nd, 2011, 4:42 pm

I bench pressed close to 180 pounds for 40 reps, ran 15 miles on a treadmill, shoulder curled 100 pounds for 60 reps on each arm. I also did 100 curl-ups, 60 pushups, and at least a dozen rounds of ball at the local batting cage.
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Re: Reply

Postby bandler » November 22nd, 2011, 5:04 pm

outkast1728 wrote:I bench pressed close to 180 pounds for 40 reps, ran 15 miles on a treadmill, shoulder curled 100 pounds for 60 reps on each arm. I also did 100 curl-ups, 60 pushups, and at least a dozen rounds of ball at the local batting cage.

Okay, the problem is you are doing a 'Bruce Lee' style workout that will give you strong muscles without bulking up.

Also, you are over doing your work outs.

The body needs rest and time to repair and GROW muscles after a good workout.

To bulk up, lift heavier weight with fewer reps.

Instead of 40 reps at 180 lbs, target 3 sets of 8 reps (total 24 reps).

How much weight to use? it depends. Try benching 190 or 200lbs and see how far you get. If you complete the 3x8 reps increase the weight next time.

Because to build muscle you must 'work to failure': work the muscle group until you can not lift the weight any more.

So, if the weight is correct, you should be able to complete the first two sets of 8 reps but fail to complete the 3rd set because your muscles have worked to failure.

Yes, it hurts a bit. Yes, it is exhausting. Yes you NEED to take a day off (at least) after working a muscle group.

You also must eat right to give your body what it needs to build muscle... or you will get sick (illness - flu, cold, etc.) from the increased stress you are putting your body under.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks!

Postby outkast1728 » November 22nd, 2011, 5:13 pm

Thanks so much I'll start that.
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Postby KIY » November 22nd, 2011, 7:37 pm

I'll second what Bandler said. You were definitely overdoing things-- unless you were taking steroids (which, hopefully, is not the case. They can shut off your natural testosterone supply.)
KIY
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rugbyjockca » November 23rd, 2011, 4:32 am

If you're doing all that and not growing, then what you need to do is EAT. Depending on your age, metabolism, etc, you can probably get away with just about anything, but try to get lots of protein (if you can get protein powder, so much the better) and don't over-do it with the junk food. Make sure you're getting enough rest. Maybe look around a join a body building website for some extra pointers.

But seriously, if you're benching 180 for 40 reps and not growing, the only thing holding you back is a lack of sufficient calories.

Also, keep in mind that, like with most good things, it takes time, and there will be setbacks. Our bodies (and minds) show true change over time, in the long term. Just keep at it, if you fail at something, just try again when you're ready, and do things to help remind you of your goals.
rugbyjockca
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Storms » November 23rd, 2011, 12:21 pm

If you don't think you can be hypnotized, you should talk to a professional hypnotist.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Erickson found people who resisted trance were actually easier to put under.
Storms
Regular
Regular

N/A

Postby outkast1728 » November 23rd, 2011, 3:19 pm

Where can I find a hypnotist that'll help me for free?
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Re: N/A

Postby bandler » November 23rd, 2011, 3:46 pm

outkast1728 wrote:Where can I find a hypnotist that'll help me for free?

As a professional Hypnotherapist, you get what you pay for...
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CWolfCW » November 23rd, 2011, 4:51 pm

bandler wrote:

As someone who's had multiple session with a professional... I can state that's not always the case.
CWolfCW
Regular
Regular

Postby bandler » November 23rd, 2011, 8:18 pm

CWolfCW wrote:
bandler wrote:

As someone who's had multiple session with a professional... I can state that's not always the case.

Touche'

Maybe getting what you pay for is the best case scenario ;-)
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files