Possible file-format idea?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Possible file-format idea?

Postby n00b » April 19th, 2005, 6:51 pm

I was listening to some of the files and came up with an idea:
What about a line of "modular" files, such as some stock inductions that would be just the induction, not the release, a series of potential effects, potential modifiers, and some stock release.

The way they could be used, is to use an induction, then the desired effects, then the desired modifiers (ie: curse, duration...), then the release in a playlist.

This setup would allow the listener to choose how far they want to go. Such as someone wants the infantilizm w/o the loss of bowel control, a file would not have to be custom made for them. They simply listen to the age regression module and not the bowel loss module.

A playlist can be made if the listener wants to re-create the file easily with most software players.
n00b
Regular
Regular

Postby danmalara » April 19th, 2005, 7:20 pm

For a noob, your pretty smart. lol I think that is a great idea, while the virtual hypnotist sofware has that feature avalible, I really don't like the computerized voice. So EMG, what do you think?
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Possible file-format idea?

Postby EMG » April 19th, 2005, 10:32 pm

It's not a bad idea at all, people have actually requested that I do something less intensive than that just allowing people to download inductions and then whichever bodies they want and an awakening. This would be more comprehensive and a LOT of work. I don't see it happening soon, but I will keep it in my head.

n00b wrote:I was listening to some of the files and came up with an idea:
What about a line of "modular" files, such as some stock inductions that would be just the induction, not the release, a series of potential effects, potential modifiers, and some stock release.

The way they could be used, is to use an induction, then the desired effects, then the desired modifiers (ie: curse, duration...), then the release in a playlist.

This setup would allow the listener to choose how far they want to go. Such as someone wants the infantilizm w/o the loss of bowel control, a file would not have to be custom made for them. They simply listen to the age regression module and not the bowel loss module.

A playlist can be made if the listener wants to re-create the file easily with most software players.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rodentgrl » April 20th, 2005, 12:11 am

Well, if you do that EMG, then that kinda kills any potential income from custom tracks, doesn't it?

Just a thought...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If you wanted cute and cuddly, you've come to the right place
rodentgrl
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » April 20th, 2005, 6:15 am

I've already chopped up some of the files myself, so I can listen to multiple files without repeating the induction. I have a simple perl script which has a list of which files I am interested in, and generates a playlist of specified length (so if I've got 40 minutes free, it will build a 40-minute playlist containing an induction, as many bodies as will fit the time slot, and a release)

The only problem with doing it yourself like this is that some of the files are different enough to be a bit distracting when it changes over (sitting closer to the mic, maybe)

I've only tried seprating the bodies into different parts once or twice (putting different effects into the mystery file for a friend who likes surprises), but I'd say that for anyone with time on their hands, it isn't really that difficult to do the editing yourself.

Next project... a program to make a random mystery file ... ;)
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby thejesterinacast » April 20th, 2005, 5:36 pm

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uploadhypno/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uploadhypno2/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uploadhypno3/

this is a pretty good yahoo group for that. it just removes induction and awakening so you have them separately. below's another group which has altered WMM files.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/modified_wmm_files/files/
thejesterinacast
Regular
Regular

Postby MsSophia » April 27th, 2005, 12:32 am

Hello,
I'm a newbie here. I actually had an idea along the same lines. A sort of toolkit of files which could be pasted together to produce the desired result. I have created a few of my own and maintain them in wav format for pasting or editing etc. I use a piece of software called Ace of Wav to join them together and save them as mp3's.

Sophia
MsSophia

Return to Help with Files