The effect of no awakener?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

The effect of no awakener?

Postby Valrico » February 1st, 2012, 1:22 am

Hello,

I am new to the world of hypnosis and haven't been able to go into a deep enough trance yet where an awakener is necessary. I am practicing and having fun with the files as "visual journeys", at least.

What I am wondering is, when I do finally enter a deep enough trance, if I don't have an awakener and a file ends in just silence, what will happen?

I would imagine a person would either stay stuck in trance until a noise or distraction from the environment roused them or they would get too tired and go to sleep.

Anybody have experience with this?
Valrico

Postby MuxMG » February 1st, 2012, 3:42 am

Indeed, distractions from the environment (say the door bell or phone) will get you out of it.

So you'll get out of it eventually, like waking up. But you'll have lingering effects (dizziness, clumsyness ...). You can also count yourself out of it by doing the awakener yourself in your mind.

Have an 1,2,3,4,5 awaker file handy that you can listen to. Even when still under I can manipulate my MP3-player so I can invoke it if it's not already on my playlist. Sometimes you have to listen to the awakener more than once. But as I said, you can have lingering effects but they disappear in time.

Also, simple willpower will get you out of any trance at any moment in time. At least, that's my experience.

For instance, if you're told "you can't move" and if you try you'll notice that it's 'true'. But try really hard (will it) and you will move and probably break out of the trance at the same time.

Interestingly, if, while under, I'm are actively sceptical (say to myself "this is BS") it sabotages the trance and it doesn't affect me (or less so).
MuxMG
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files