good type of headphones for better trancing

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

good type of headphones for better trancing

Postby 5HA99Y » June 6th, 2012, 4:33 pm

hi i was wondering if there are good but cheap or reasonable price headphones that works better when im listening to hypnosis mp3? i currently have the apple headphones that came with my ipod and iphone 4s they dont seem to work very well. so does it add more success to fall in to trance with better headphones? or am i missing info on this?
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ParanoidLord » June 7th, 2012, 11:27 pm

I don't think you need expensive headphones to get ideal results. $20 or so should be more than enough if you go for some good earbuds or whatever style you prefer. I don't know if this is still true, but Apple has put out some notoriously bad headphones in the past. Since you're dealing with human speech (mostly) in a hypnotic recording, you shouldn't have too many problems.
ParanoidLord
Mentor
Mentor

Re: good type of headphones for better trancing

Postby Mandrache » August 29th, 2012, 2:14 pm

devin2890 wrote:hi i was wondering if there are good but cheap or reasonable price headphones that works better when im listening to hypnosis mp3? i currently have the apple headphones that came with my ipod and iphone 4s they dont seem to work very well. so does it add more success to fall in to trance with better headphones? or am i missing info on this?

Better headphones definitely help a lot with binaurals and other tones that need to be really specific. Get some big one that are accurate and is listed as able to create very low frequency tones. Make sure it doesn't have some sort of bass-boost f ex you can't turn off as it will distort. Also remember to disable an equalizer and so in on the program you use to play the audio. Also any software related to your audio-card. Stick with regular stereo, not surround ones.
Mandrache
Regular
Regular

Postby bookreader231490 » April 8th, 2013, 5:41 pm

I've listened to files using several different brands and types of headphones, honestly I've noticed no difference in sound quality from a $5 pair of ear-buds to a $60 pair of noise cancelling over-ear headphones. So, I would strongly suggest a $10 pair of on-ear headphones, for comfort reasons, just to eliminate any distraction from uncomfortable headphones. I find that ear-buds get uncomfortable after about 10 min or so(though I go deep enough now that I don't really notice that until I wake up) and over-ear are distracting from the minute my head hits the pillow, so that's what I suggest.

Caveats:
I'm by no means an expert on sound equipment or hypnosis, this is just my experience.

I did notice a difference in being able to consciously pick up on quiet subliminals with the more expensive pairs, but since you're not supposed to do that anyway I wouldn't think it matters.
bookreader231490

Postby WatDo » April 8th, 2013, 9:52 pm

I find earbuds to be the best, since they stay in your ears easier than headphones. Assuming you move around or you exercise. They also don't feel weird on my ears. They seem to be better for binueral beats and also help seal the sound in by blocking out other noises.

Go to Target! They have cheap and amazing Sony products that last forever. You can find the following Sony product in stores: http://www.target.com/p/sony-in-ear-headphones-white-mdrex10lp-whi/-/A-14139445#prodSlot=medium_1_14&term=sony+earbuds

If it has Sony on it, is under 20 dollars, and has an elbow-plug... Then you should nab it. Elbow plugs are less likely to break since the plug-to-cable part is very flexible, meaning less restriction. A straight plug is very solid, so if you wrap it up, bend it a bit, or tug on it... You'll probably wear it out very fast and break it.

Great quality. Great price. Just don't buy the 30+ dollar ones with the stupid volume controls. You even have a 90 day warranty and guarantee.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files