Moving focus away from breathing.

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Moving focus away from breathing.

Postby vbean23 » June 29th, 2012, 12:39 pm

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to this... having trouble moving my attention away from my breathing when trying to trance. I try to focus on the voice and ignore my breathing, hoping involuntary control will take over immediately. Instead, I end up not breathing for a few seconds, until I involuntarily end up taking a BIG breath, which disrupts my concentration.
Does anyone have any advice? I'm still too new to this to expect any solid results yet, so I'm not sure if splitting my focus between voice & breathing has been counterproductive or not.
vbean23

Postby zapnosis » July 9th, 2012, 7:25 am

My advice would be to focus on breathing and not the voice. Most people are aware of the stereotypes of inducing trance - a swinging pocket watch or spinning spiral. The pattern is the same: concentrate on a regular, repetitive sequence and this helps the mind go into a trance... then the rest follows pretty much automatically. If you keep having trouble with this, perhaps try files with binaural sound or other beats?

ZAP
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Moving focus away from breathing.

Postby HornyDude » July 9th, 2012, 9:11 am

deleted
Last edited by HornyDude on July 10th, 2013, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby vbean23 » July 26th, 2012, 12:27 pm

zapnosis, HornyDude, thank you both for your replies!

zapnosis, that does seem to work. I've found that I'm comfortable with focusing on my breathing instead of the voice, and being patient with myself until my breathing feels "stable", and I can refocus on the voice.

HornyDude, thanks for the link! Haven't tried it yet, but yes, when I was looking for inductions, I skipped that one (thinking it was a script, as you mentioned). I haven't tried it yet, but look forward to it.
vbean23

Re: Moving focus away from breathing.

Postby joecomp2000 » July 27th, 2012, 8:01 pm

I Am a big guy and have apnea..I actually have a similar problem...
I turn on the C-PAP..
here is how I got diagnosed .
Doc "What is you neck 17-18?"
I said "I like it comfortable and go for 19..."
Doc "You have apnea , we will go through the motions , and get you a sleep test , then a c-pap"
joecomp2000
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files