Safe, simple beginner file?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Safe, simple beginner file?

Postby spirella » August 20th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Hi, I'm interested in starting to listen to some files, but wanted to start with something simple and non-sexual. I like the idea of the freeze files, as they seem to be easy and even have a file to test with, but I don't like how they instill a trigger that anyone can use even outside of the session. Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple file (preferably one I can test or check in some way to see if it's working) that doesn't have an open trigger attached?

Thanks!
spirella

Postby Jeshi » August 21st, 2012, 2:06 am

Ocntrl's "How to Listen to a File" is the best beginner's file there is in my opinion. Hypnosis isn't a transitive action (despite "hypnotize" "hypnotized" etc. being words.) It doesn't do things to you that work or don't on their own. It's intransitive, you and hypnosis work together to make the triggers work. It's about being convinced and thinking differently, it's all in your head. Trigger files aren't really best to see if it's "working." I recommend listening to lots of basic induction or scenery/experience files. Usually these files have suggestions during them that are better for testing, like a suggestion to be able to smell roses in an imaginary garden, or to feel your arm rise up, lock in place, then drop. Temporary things that only happen during the file.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby spirella » August 21st, 2012, 7:16 pm

feel your arm rise up, lock in place, then drop

That sounds more like what I'm looking for. Can you suggest some files like this? I've looked through the inductions section but I can't seem to find many that have physical suggestions like this, they all seem to be more focused on relaxation. Not that relaxing isn't important, but I'd like more of a challenge.

Thanks!
spirella

Postby Jeshi » August 22nd, 2012, 12:03 am

spirella wrote:
feel your arm rise up, lock in place, then drop

That sounds more like what I'm looking for. Can you suggest some files like this? I've looked through the inductions section but I can't seem to find many that have physical suggestions like this, they all seem to be more focused on relaxation. Not that relaxing isn't important, but I'd like more of a challenge.

Thanks!

Hypnosis is relaxation. Lots of inductions have suggestions like I mentioned in them, not even necessarily mentioned. I can't even think of a specific one it's so common. HypnosDC definitely has the arm-raising suggestion in any of his files. If you search "arm raise" or "test" on the file search something will probably show up
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files