VOTING HATERS

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

VOTING HATERS

Postby outkast1728 » September 25th, 2012, 3:20 am

Almost every file on the voting page seems to have twice as many people voting against it then they do for it, which i think is shitty, anyone agree with me? A lot of the files could/would be really beneficial, like prehensile tail, or dumb jock slave, or many of the others listed...
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Postby ProfessorPig » September 25th, 2012, 2:38 pm

i agree to some extent but the votes dont really do anything other than decide the order that files are listed in. i think comments are much more useful at expressing negative opinions because you get a better idea of why the person is against it. while i think most of the votes are because people just dont like the idea some chunk of the votes are probably because the voter feels the file is unsafe or undeveloped

i think at the end of the day though if anyone makes a file from the voting page it will be because they are drawn to the idea not because it has a ton of votes.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby BillionSix » September 25th, 2012, 5:29 pm

I made the same argument a while back. Basically, my philosophy is that I would only do a negative vote for something that I thought was dangerous or impossible. But some people do a negative to signify a simple "Nah, not my thing."
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
BillionSix
Regular
Regular

Postby Euripides » February 27th, 2013, 11:58 am

Okay, voting down for prioritization makes me feel better. My newest idea is not getting much love, and I didn't understand why, given the popularity of Feminization files. My older ideas were quite popular, and at least a couple got made into files, too. Nice to know this one can live, too.
Euripides

... Because nothing really matters.

Postby Calimore » February 27th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Luckily, most people who make files don't give a spit about the negative votes. It's the ideas that are important - the votes only give an indication of what the masses feel about the idea to them.

Personally it's the number of votes total that a file has gotten in the time that it has been up that makes me feel it is a popular idea or not. If lots of people vote on the file either way it seems to struck a cord with the people that have viewed it.

I concur in that I only go down the file that I think is impossible, implausible or would be dangerous for the general public to use. But that's just me. Some people seem to vote in an arbitrary fashion. But that's just them. As they say, there's no such thing as bad press. If lots of people vote on a file either for or against it must be a pretty popular idea.
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page