Unrealistic files - please stop voting for them

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

Unrealistic files - please stop voting for them

Postby Shawna » December 11th, 2005, 8:20 pm

I wish people would stop voting for the totally unrealistic files. Like the new Hermaphrodite file...that has zero chance of working for anyone. Files purporting to cause actual physical changes haven't been working well for anyone...I might buy that some people have been getting some breast size increase, but COME ON! No one is going to sponataneously grow a vagina from hypnosis. Its retarded. How about some fun files that might actually work for a large bulk of the site's users?
Shawna

Postby anthrax » December 14th, 2005, 8:45 pm

While I grant you that some of these files are unrealistic in their attempts to physically alter people, they do however change the way that the listener perceives themselves. Nobody is going to spontaneously have their penis change into a vagina, but when the listener looks at their crotch, they see a vagina instead of a penis, yet a casual observer would see a penis. Hey presto - the file worked!

What's the point of becoming something in life...

...why can't I just be me...?
anthrax
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » December 14th, 2005, 9:59 pm

No I agree with Shawna, these files are really totally stupid. Espeically ones with intentionally bad spelling.

turns u into a women peronently fever

I mean, WTF is that?
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby anthrax » December 14th, 2005, 10:37 pm

Mallic wrote:
turns u into a women peronently fever

I mean, WTF is that?

That is what it says it is - except that the listener believes that they are a woman permanently and forever. Just because it doesn't have any physical changes doesn't make it any less real for the listener.

I guess in the end, if people want files like these they are going to vote for them. Personally, I couldn't care less. I wouldn't listen to files like these because I know perfectly well, just as you do, that they won't do squat. But we are just a few people out of hundreds that use this site, and who are we to judge what the masses want? That is why there is a voting section in the first place.

So, if you want a file to be made, vote for it. If you think it's rubish, don't vote for it. It's that simple.

anthrax
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » December 15th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Who are we to judge what the masses want? Well, for one thing, we are a part of the masses, and for another, those sorts of files shouldn't be up there in the first place. Thats the thing I had with the Enchanted Keyboard..... When it was on the voting page, it didn't say whether it was imagined or real. Obviously impossible

Mallic (Damn, I've run out of witty remarks)
Last edited by Mallic on December 15th, 2005, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby anthrax » December 15th, 2005, 6:35 pm

Quite right, we are part of the masses. So, flex your judging rights and not vote for these files!

If they are there, and especially if they have votes for them, then obviously some people want them, and they are flexing their judging rights too.

If you think that these types of files shouldn't be there, then how hard is it to just skim past or ignore them? That's what I do.

anthrax
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » December 15th, 2005, 6:52 pm

Anthrax, let me explain something to you. Just because some people open spam, doesn't mean that the population wouldn't won't to see them go. Most of the stupid files, are just 'Let me do anything' or 'Like this file, except instant'. These are posted by people who can't be bothered listening to an exsisting file that works slowly. There is no such thing as hypnosis without patience. And I have lost mine looking at these pieces of shit.

Mallic (Watch this space)
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby anthrax » December 15th, 2005, 7:34 pm

This will be my last post to this topic. I'm over it now. It was okay when it was a discussion, but if you are going to get angry, get angry in your own time.

While I would like to see them go too, and for exactly the same reasons as you, I don't want to stifle people in the process. The solution? How about somebody (you perhaps) moderate this section of the web site? You could let the entries through that are plausible, and deny those that are not, with a suitable explaination to the submitter. Instead of just whining about it, do something, or do nothing.

I have chosen to do nothing. Not because I'm being lazy about it, but because I don't let these things get to me. There are enough things in this world to get angry about, why add to it? Why give yourself an ulser over b/s things like this, when there are attrocities being commited in third world countries, homeless people everywhere, etc etc.

You can't do much about those, but you can do something about this. Don't get angry, do something proactive!

anthrax
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » December 15th, 2005, 7:48 pm

anthrax wrote:While I would like to see them go too, and for exactly the same reasons as you, I don't want to stifle people in the process. The solution? How about somebody (you perhaps) moderate this section of the web site? You could let the entries through that are plausible, and deny those that are not, with a suitable explaination to the submitter. Instead of just whining about it, do something, or do nothing.

You see, that is what I have been trying to get for the voting section. If you look back though my posts (and the posts I have made as t_g_812) I have said this a number of times. Like I have said before, EMG should be making files, not stopping people being idiots.

Mallic (Death solves all problems, no man, no problem)
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 23rd, 2006, 7:28 pm

who in the hell is anyone with a limited knowledge and interests to say what the fuck is possible or not? I'd wager you know nothing of western esoterical traditions and would judge them as unrealistic. They are not unrealistic to someone who practices them. As for physiological changes writ large there is at least one poster here who has a web site dedicated to showing her progress in using mental techniques to completely alter her facial bone structure, her hieght and other traits in route to a sex change. she has posted photographic proof. is she lying? Am i lying when i say i have had paranormal experiences? can you say for sure? So i'll ask again, who is qualified to judge (universally) what ideas are specious, unrealistic or worthy or not?

Now i think that a poorly written, poorly composed, grammatically atrocious, badly spelled proposal should be booted. if they care enough about it to propose it at least they can take the time to write it in a professional manner that does not make them look like a mentally challenged sea slug embryo that slimed it's way across a keyboard resulting in a glob of random ASCII characters that snuck onto the site. Some of them really are really that pathetic. And I'd wager that most of them that fit that description also fit yours as to subjects that are too unrealistic. so in a subject nuetral manner you can discriminate and weed out 95 percent of the ones you object to.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby joe » March 24th, 2006, 5:23 am

what i think is ironically great is that threads on this forum named "stop with all the bullshit annoying repeating ideas on the vote page" have been popping up here with the same frequency as bullshit annoying repeating ideas on the votepage, and with the same bullshit annoying repeating rhythm.

it's bullshit, it's annoying, and it's repeating.

see how annoying that can get?

i rest my case.
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 24th, 2006, 11:54 pm

here is something that illustrates that your sensibilities being offended by a script's concept is not a reliable criterion for judging the efficacy of a hypnotic script. Let's take for example "Curse, Swimmer's Body." Utter rubbish, right? Can't work right?

Not so, according to peer reviewed medical journals:

Philip Cohen, reporting on the annual Society of Neuroscience in the November issue of New Scientist, called the new findings a “couch potatoes dream.” Researchers have discovered that imagining exercise can increase the strength of even large muscles. Using ten volunteers between the ages of 20 and 35 to imagine flexing one of their biceps as hard as possible in imaging sessions five times a week, volunteers showed a 13.5% increase in strength. There was no change for the control group who did not participate in the mental gymnastics. Additionally, the volunteers maintained their strength gain for three months following the end of the mental session.

I again submit that the best criterion for judging a script is probably it's compostion, which gives a indication of the mental fitness and age of the proposer.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby joe » March 26th, 2006, 12:33 pm

they also did a study that remote prayer affects people with heart problems.

maybe you should try to get someone to pray that you turn into a -- whatever.
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby NeKofLiP » March 26th, 2006, 2:21 pm

please stop voting for STUPID files as well.
trig vampire? who will WANT to let someone else suck blood out of their throat?
who will WANT to become 'bigfoot'? one thing ive understood in my lifetime is that humans do not like the idea of having ur foot size bigger than ur IQ.

alot of other dumb files are out there , someone should have the ability to sweep them away , the good files at the bottom are blocked by them.

i also agree with joe when he says that we should stop making these threads and replying to them , since they just lead to spam wars.
NeKofLiP
Regular
Regular

Postby nuit09 » March 26th, 2006, 2:47 pm

NeKofLiP wrote:please stop voting for STUPID files as well.
who will WANT to become 'bigfoot'? one thing ive understood in my lifetime is that humans do not like the idea of having ur foot size bigger than ur IQ.

alot of other dumb files are out there , someone should have the ability to sweep them away , the good files at the bottom are blocked by them.

i also agree with joe when he says that we should stop making these threads and replying to them , since they just lead to spam wars.
No, they are not blocked, not by the mere proposal of a wierd file anyway. For them to block good files more people have to vote for the lame ones than than the good ones. Now that can happen, of course. But i think it happens when someone sets up dozens of fake accounts to vote for thier pet idiotic looking files. Right now a file to give someone a dog's penis is sitting over a file that i proposed. go figure. but it is not the proposal process that is at fault. It is someone making multiple accounts and corrupting the voting process. to a lesser degree it is old files long since made into scripts still sitting on the voting pages.

this site is approaching 30K members. i note that we have perhaps 50 to 100 regularly active members. i suspect many of that 30K are fakes or at least people long since gone on to other interests. i also suspect some of the proposals are spoofs. just seeing how many people will actually vote for it.

Finally; there are actually groups on the net that get their jollies by planning to infiltrate and play other site's members for fools. that sort of thing started with USENET with alt.syntax.tactical and similar groups.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby demigraff » March 26th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Hematolagnia is a fetishised desire to drink the blood of others. There's also a recognised fetish with a name I can't remember off the top of my head, in which a person wants to have their blood drunk.
You may find it weird, but so what? I'm assuming since you're here that you've probably at least looked at some of the erotic or sexual files on the site. What percentage of the general population would be freaked out by the idea of using hypnosis like this?
Is wanting someone else to drink your blood any worse?

NeKofLiP wrote:who will WANT to become 'bigfoot'? one thing ive understood in my lifetime is that humans do not like the idea of having ur foot size bigger than ur IQ.

That seems kind of odd, but how is wanting to be bigfoot different from wanting to be a dog, a cat or a woman? Its all making you feel like you have transformed into something or someone else.
If people have voted for it, it means someone wants to do it. You can't say nobody would want something just because it isn't to your personal tastes.

(and no, I haven't voted for either of those, but I don't think that's any reason to say that people who do want them shouldn't vote that way)
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » March 26th, 2006, 3:28 pm

Huge fetish, there are alot of people who would probably like that file.

NeKofLiP wrote:who will WANT to become 'bigfoot'? one thing ive understood in my lifetime is that humans do not like the idea of having ur foot size bigger than ur IQ.

this is probably with the foot fetish, again a big fetish.

There are very few files I see as unnecessary, manly the ones that you would have to be something that almost no one can do, except the elite.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby NeKofLiP » March 26th, 2006, 4:51 pm

my thoughts are overruled. i hate it when others criticize my fetishes , so ill stop. in a respectful gesture. but , if they want it that badly , and relize none of us will vote for it , why dont they script their own file?
instead of plaguing the voting page with things that possibly only they will want. and ones people are accidently clicking vote for , and using multiple accounts for.
NeKofLiP
Regular
Regular

Postby BobbyS » April 16th, 2006, 4:52 pm

I'm not going to get caught up in the argument of whether they're possible or not or whether we should vote for them, but I concur in that I'd like to see more realistic files, especially 'trigger games' kind of files. I mean stuff like, if you cum before your partner you automatically pinch your arm or something (neat little trigger AND it will condition you to last longer in bed).
Or every time you stroke yoir privates when alone you get more and more tired until by the time you climax you're half-asleep.
In fact, might just post a couple.
Oh and Premium members, you're the people with the power. Use it wisely... :-)
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby Lissar » April 16th, 2006, 9:56 pm

What bothers me the most is that there are many files that are either the same as another file, files that are much too specific or complicated, or files that are in the wrong category.

There have to be several files that are all "You will think that you've been a woman all your life," or "It's like THIS file, but it's a curse." At least do everyone a favor and check to see if there's something close to your suggestion. Besides, if so many people want X type of file, having everyone vote for one is a better idea than having everyone choose between six or seven that are all every so slightly different.

Files that are too complicated or specific? Look, if the description box is as long as my index finger, you need to stop typing. If it's that complicated, chances are you're one of few people who completely get the idea, and it won't be very useful to other people. Files that are incredibly specific don't leave room for the imaginations of other users. Instead of "Become Jessica Simpson," how about "Become celebrity of your choice?"

As for files that are in the wrong category, this is kind of basic here. If it's hypnosis that involves a trigger, it goes under "Trigger." What bothers me the most is when I find Male2Female files all over the place. There's a specific category for Male2Female for that very reason. Oh,
but it's a Male2Female curse? So what? It's Male2Female.

I also believe that while hypnosis can possibly cause physical changes, it seems as if some people rely on that too much. Can you gain muscle strength by imagining working out? Maybe a little. Can you gain muscle strength by actually working out? You bet. But there are so many files that say that they will give men functional vaginas and feminine hips, or that every time a person listens to a file, his or her hair will grow longer and blonder. I know that many people have their own dreams, hopes, and fetishes, but I wish that people would be more realistic. You may want to become a woman, for example, but it seems like a much more sensical idea to have the physical changes imagined, not real. If the changes are imagined, it will be easier to perceive yourself as a woman, and you won't have to worry about being disappointed when you don't look down and see a functional vagina.

Finally, anyone with horrible grammar and spelling should be hypnotised into being obsessive grammar and spelling nuts. This site is for people ages 18 and older. As I've said before, I seriously doubt that that many people here have been hypnotised into becoming stupid bimbos. Therefore, it makes sense that people here be able to spell correctly and utilize grammatical structures that we learned in elementary school. Any suggested file with enough typos in it should be automatically dumped.
Lissar
Mentor
Mentor

Postby AnneOniMouse » April 17th, 2006, 1:13 am

Perhaps it would be better for EMG to decide which section the file suggestions should be put, which would be more consistent. Any suggestion has to be approved before it appears on the voting pages, so there is a form of moderation.
AnneOniMouse

Postby nuit09 » April 17th, 2006, 6:04 pm

I had a little trouble deciding where to put my file suggestion (astral shapeshifting.) I chose the "other" category and in retrospect, i don't know if that choice made the most sense. it involves training as a key component. it fits the "other" category pretty well, it has a trigger, and it could be considered self imporovement. Since EMG takes the top suggestions in each category as time and inclination permits the category you chose has a profound effect on how fast the file idea reaches the top. under the "other" category my file is 12th from the top -not counting the top file which though listed has already been made. there may be others like that ( ...i hope.) I have not checked to see where it would be in some of the other categories. it was not my prime consideration for choosing that category. It is possible that in another category it may have been even closer to the top now. So at least in some instances it pays to carefully consider the tab you place your file idea under. How "cum torture" is an "other" category in anyone's mind, i'll never know but that is where the suggester put it.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » April 17th, 2006, 6:14 pm

Ok. i just checked the other category and 8 of the 12 files above my suggestion belong elsewhere. so really; only four files in thier proper category are ahead of mine. Yea! :lol:
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby JHoffman » October 6th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Lissar wrote:I also believe that while hypnosis can possibly cause physical changes, it seems as if some people rely on that too much. Can you gain muscle strength by imagining working out? Maybe a little. Can you gain muscle strength by actually working out? You bet. But there are so many files that say that they will give men functional vaginas and feminine hips, or that every time a person listens to a file, his or her hair will grow longer and blonder. I know that many people have their own dreams, hopes, and fetishes, but I wish that people would be more realistic. You may want to become a woman, for example, but it seems like a much more sensical idea to have the physical changes imagined, not real. If the changes are imagined, it will be easier to perceive yourself as a woman, and you won't have to worry about being disappointed when you don't look down and see a functional vagina.

(Sorry for thread necro'ing.)

This isn't always the case. Some people may find it easier to do the SuperFemaleWhammy rather than GS-Trigwoman2 or some other voting page visualization curse for Male2Female.

Reason being: This ties in with patience, which I believe Mallic talked about earlier.

Some people don't have the patience to go and train VisualizeHelp, hell, I think some use VisualizeHelp yet it doesn't work for them. It didn't work for me.

Now what i'd like to see? A more forcible version of VisualizeHelp, CurseVisualizeHelp.

Anyway, aside from the rambling, by bitching about all the ridiculous and unrealistic files, you're distracting WarpMyMind's focus and potential - To give hypnotists and self-hypnotists the ability to do whatever they want.

When you take that away, all we're going to have left is behavior and half-assed trigger files that don't really cut it for hypnofetishes.

Unrealism is what seperates this site from many other hypnosis sites.
JHoffman
Regular
Regular

Postby Lissar » October 8th, 2006, 2:13 am

I disagree with your last comment. Unrealism? Well, one of the reasons I began visiting this site was that I thought that I finally had a real chance to experience erotic hypnosis and trance. But again, I disagree with what you've said; I am not saying that you're wrong.

What bothers me though is that people are very much into changing anatomical sex, and as a student and a scientist, I don't believe that it's really possible to be hypnotized into gradually turning your penis into a vagina or a "womb," as some people still refer to the uterus. And then people get disappointed when it doesn't work, even though their genes and the limits of the human body essentially cannot change sexes.

The point is that it's annoying when people post unrealistic files. And it's unrealistic to believe that a file can give a man a functional female reproductive system. I know that my post is going to cause certain people to tell me that I'm wrong, and then they're going to throw online articles at me until someone gets a cyber papercut. But I stand firmly on science when it comes to genetics, especially since that's sort of the point of my entire semester for my major. Besides, if hypnosis can change genetics, why don't we use it to treat cancer?

So yeah, that's me defending myself against the inevitable onslaught of zealots who are about to pounce on me. In the meantime, I really hope some of you men will please stop requesting female genitalia. I completely respect the sexualities of everyone here, but please, this is your body, and hypnosis isn't going to cause a noticeable enough change so that you can switch actual sexes.
Lissar
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sarnoga » October 8th, 2006, 3:45 am

Lissar wrote:I really hope some of you men will please stop requesting female genitalia. I completely respect the sexualities of everyone here, but please, this is your body, and hypnosis isn't going to cause a noticeable enough change so that you can switch actual sexes.

Maybe sucsess or lack of it is only secondary to the fun to trying.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Oh boy...

Postby Mari4199 » January 25th, 2007, 3:47 pm

When are people going to learn that just because they don't believe in something does not make it impossible! GRRRRRRR.... That gets me so mad! Hey, if it is isn't good for your world view then ignore it. Don't try and make other people stop doing something because YOU belive it isn't possible. Nuf said.
Sound is the future.
Mari4199
Regular
Regular

Postby VeryGnawty » January 26th, 2007, 1:23 am

I agree with Mari. Believing that something is impossible is the first step to ensuring that it will never work.

Look, if the description box is as long as my index finger, you need to stop typing.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Out of the mass of files on this site, only about a dozen have ever kept my interest. The reason being that they are straightforward and to the point. Files with twenty points to them just don't cut it. It's too complicated, and will probably only work for the person who proposed the file, in which case they should just make the file themselves.

I have enough trouble keeping track of what some of the files are actually supposed to do. I can only imagine how confused my subconscious is.

BobbyS wrote:
Or every time you stroke yoir privates when alone you get more and more tired until by the time you climax you're half-asleep.

We really need more files like this.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page