liklihood of suggestions being made

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

liklihood of suggestions being made

Postby violinmadness » May 24th, 2013, 5:12 pm

I can't help notice that it the likelihood of your suggestion being made is pretty low. I'm probably not noticing what has been made from suggestions like the ass I am but it's obvious that it all depends on positive votes and the interest created by the description that makes a hypnotist make suggestions.

while i'm at it, can people point out files that have been made from suggestions for me? thanks a bunch people :D
violinmadness

Postby violinmadness » May 24th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Yeah i've just noticed a new file someone made from the suggestions, whoops XD i've made an Arse of myself now, time to hypnotise myself into a stupor
violinmadness

Postby ProfessorPig » May 24th, 2013, 7:00 pm

i have seen a couple files that say they are made from ideas from the voting page. i think i see them about as often as i see someone recording a script that someone else posted.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby FrozenTrance » October 10th, 2015, 8:11 am

It's not really all that surprising. It's always easier to make a suggestions than to make something yourself. Plus, some suggestions have a limited appeal.

For example, I'm into a lot of types of transformation: furry, animal, robot, and gender-swap. These things are pretty niche on their own, but certain sides get even more niche. A lot of male-to-female files seem to be for one of two demographics: transsexuals who would like to become genuinely and permanently female, or those with a "sissification" fetish, which often focuses on being as over-the-top-stereotypically-girly as possible, often including things like encouraging the listener to wear dresses and make-up. The reason for this is likely simply because most file-makers and listeners would already fall into those categories, so there's not a lot of reason to make other types.

Now for me, I like sex-swapping for the same reason I like animal and robot transformations: I just want to imagine living in another skin for a few hours, possibly with some mental reprogramming during that time. I'm not looking to alter my lifestyle by wearing make-up to work, etc.. So if I felt like it, I could suggest short-term, non-stereotypical sex-swap files on this forum.

However, because not as many people are interested in that style of sex-swap, I realize that the suggestion would only be acted upon by a recorder/scriptwriter who met one of the following criteria:

-The writer him/herself was interested in said idea enough to make it
-The writer isn't interested, but feels generous enough to write and/or record it anyway
-The writer isn't interested, but thinks there is enough interest in the concept from others that making a file based on that suggestion would garner said hypnotist significant exposure and/or commissions.
FrozenTrance

Return to The Voting Page