For Gods sake

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

For Gods sake

Postby everworlder » January 5th, 2006, 11:01 pm

Come on now... That one in the voting that says See as I do or some crap like that.. That is patently ridiculous.

How bout a little does of REALITY
everworlder
Regular
Regular

Re: For Gods sake

Postby loony28 » January 6th, 2006, 12:07 am

everworlder wrote:Come on now... That one in the voting that says See as I do or some crap like that.. That is patently ridiculous.

How bout a little does of REALITY

:twisted: You think that file is ridiculous? Do you know the limits of the mind? What I think is ridiculous is people not having an open mind. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby jeremiah » January 7th, 2006, 12:51 pm

It is kind of funny. I mean, someone that submitted this must have not been thinking correctly.
jeremiah
Mentor
Mentor

Postby loony28 » January 8th, 2006, 4:45 pm

jeremiah wrote:It is kind of funny. I mean, someone that submitted this must have not been thinking correctly.

:twisted: You mean like you? I'm just joking on that. I have read the description and I believe that it's possible. Have you ever heard of mass hallucinations? That's where a whole bunch of people have the same hallucination at the same time. How do you explain that? :twisted:

P.S. Here's a link to the definition of mass hallucination. http://www.answers.com/mass%20hallucination
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby Kendai » January 10th, 2006, 1:26 pm

what the file suggests is a little different than what's described in the article.

the article uses an exaple where one person sees something, say, a certain face in a texture ort something, and other people see it cause they're told it's there.

if i remember the file description right, it's supposed to make the listener emit brain waves strong enough to alter other people's perception.

if that'd work, it'd be hard to do so.
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby goldragon_70 » January 10th, 2006, 4:12 pm

Jedi mind trick
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » January 11th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Kendai wrote:what the file suggests is a little different than what's described in the article.

the article uses an exaple where one person sees something, say, a certain face in a texture ort something, and other people see it cause they're told it's there.

if i remember the file description right, it's supposed to make the listener emit brain waves strong enough to alter other people's perception.

if that'd work, it'd be hard to do so.

:twisted: Yes the first part does say that. Read a little farther and it talks a little bit about different people who have no contact with each other seeing things at the same time. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby Kendai » January 12th, 2006, 12:44 pm

well, still, that file falls into the category of "VERY improbable."
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby loony28 » January 12th, 2006, 11:48 pm

Kendai wrote:well, still, that file falls into the category of "VERY improbable."

:twisted: Maybe for you Kendai but to me it's VERY probable. It wouldn't be any different than telepathy. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » January 22nd, 2006, 11:29 pm

:twisted: Anyone else want to get in on this? How many of you think that it's possible? :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby everworlder » January 23rd, 2006, 10:50 pm

Impossible... totally impossible.

You can't send out brainwaves... that is just silly.

Whoever made this is being silly.
everworlder
Regular
Regular

Postby loony28 » January 25th, 2006, 9:46 am

everworlder wrote:Impossible... totally impossible.

:twisted: Why can't you send out brainwaves? Brainwaves do go beyond the body, otherwise scientists wouldn't be able to measure them with electrodes just stuck on the skin. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

possibility

Postby juniper » January 25th, 2006, 11:19 am

It's just as possible as empathing, which IMHO is quite possible. Thoughts of one person affect others.That is whether it is by the change that that thought causes in the body language of the person thinking it and that affecting the surrounding people, or brainwaves actually being projected. Reality is subjective. If you think it is more likely to work, then it is. If you don't, then it won't.
One by one the penguins steal my sanity... hehe
juniper
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » January 25th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Don't give me that shit Juniper. If something is not possible, then it IS NOT POSSIBLE. Reality is not subjective. Let me just point out something to you.

In most cases, mass hallucination refers to a combination of suggestion and pareidolia, wherein one person will see, or pretend to see, something unusual (like the face of Jesus in the burn-marks on a tortilla, or the face of a kidnapped girl on a blank billboard) and point it out to other people. Having been told what to look for, those other people will consciously or subconsciously convince themselves to recognize the apparition, and will in turn point it out to others.

Does it look like you can get someone to see you as a Furry?

You will, of course, point out that down the page, it says this.

In other cases, such as when separate people or separate groups of people who are not in contact with each other all experience the same phenomenon simultaneously, the explanation of mass hallucination can be just as "paranormal" as the phenomenon it's being used to dismiss.

Hypnosis is not paranormal. As far as my experiance with EMG's files, they do not tell you to do paranormal things. The only thing that can do this is the great lord diety people like.
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby demigraff » January 26th, 2006, 6:36 am

I wouldn't expect this file to work, but I can't see the point in shouting "THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE". Remember that there is no scientific proof that telepathy is impossible (mainly because proving that something doesn't exist is pretty much impossible).

Maybe there's some guy in the middle of the wilderness somewhere who can make himself look like an animal by telepathic powers. I'll admit its unlikely, but you can't absolutely prove he doesn't exist without testing every person on the planet to see if they have that power.
And if he does exist (long shot), then who is to say that hypnosis couldn't modify someone's mind to gain that ability?

Maybe the file could have some real effect, conditioning your body-language so that people looking at you get the subconscious impression of an animal or something. Not absolute, but still an effect. Or maybe such telepathic abilities really can exist, by some process as yet unknown to science. Maybe if you hypnotise yourself with something like that, God will take pity on your delusions, and make everyone see you as you see yourself.
I'm doubtful, but I still don't like the idea of saying "You are all wrong/stupid" because someone disagrees with my religious or spiritual belief system.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby juniper » January 26th, 2006, 6:53 am

Hypnosis is not paranormal. As far as my experiance with EMG's files, they do not tell you to do paranormal things. The only thing that can do this is the great lord diety people like.[/quote]

I never said hypnosis was paranormal. I said in my OPINION, that that this particular file's use was as probable as empathing, which to me is probable. That is all I was trying to say.[/b]
One by one the penguins steal my sanity... hehe
juniper
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » January 26th, 2006, 7:31 am

Demi, I apoilgize for my crassness.
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » February 1st, 2006, 2:05 pm

:twisted: I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten more votes. Just think what fun you could have with it. Take furries for example, other people would be able to see what furry you are. When they touch you they'd be able to feel your fur or scales or whatever. Of course there are more uses than the example but I'll let your imagination run wild. For Mallic and everyone else, EMG did make a file that has a paranormal component. That file is SuperHumanMind. It has both mind reading and telepathy and last time I checked those were classified as paranormal. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby xanthk » February 2nd, 2006, 12:44 pm

Stewie wrote:my views remain the same for emitting brain waves to alter other people's perception, there are thousands of radio waves going through us everyday but they don't seem to affect us.

true, radio waves don't seem to affect us. However, they do affect radios, which are built to handle that particular type of signal, just as our brains would be able to handle emitted brain waves.
Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door....
xanthk
Regular
Regular

Postby Aodh » March 5th, 2006, 10:02 am

loony28 wrote:
everworlder wrote:Impossible... totally impossible.

:twisted: Why can't you send out brainwaves? Brainwaves do go beyond the body, otherwise scientists wouldn't be able to measure them with electrodes just stuck on the skin. :twisted:

Because brainwaves are related to electrical impulses in the body AKA what the brain emits to send info from nerve to nerve. Brainwaves aren't actual waves of energy or anything of that sort, they're a measurement of activity in the brain based on e ectrical activity in the brain.
Aodh

Postby goldragon_70 » March 5th, 2006, 4:13 pm

Aodh wrote:
Because brainwaves are related to electrical impulses in the body AKA what the brain emits to send info from nerve to nerve. Brainwaves aren't actual waves of energy or anything of that sort, they're a measurement of activity in the brain based on e ectrical activity in the brain.

Well Brainwave are both electrical and chemical, but they are measured in wave, which is how light, sound, radio, and microwaves are measured, which are in the air, plus electricity is energy that sends out an electrical field out of the range it is in, which is one way it is measured.

For a file to affect others, it has to be a file that trains you to use Psyonic abilities, or the ability to do mass hypnosis in everything you do. So this file may remotely be possible, but not probable, which means maybe one person would be able to do what a file like that would be to do, so no reason to have it made.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby SubmissMe » March 6th, 2006, 11:01 am

It seems that half the people posting on here are taking silly pills. Someone has been watching too many sci-fi movies. Loony, I honestly cannot belive you are being serious.

It cannot be denied that we have brainwaves. Yes science shows us that mental states reflect our emotions. But the idea that these brainwaves go beyond the brain is just absurd.

So lets pretend for a second that telepathy is possible? How does it work? How do we interpret the brainwaves of other people? How is a human fully equiped to measure brainwaves? The list of questions just goes on.

And now for a second lets pretend that telepathy isn't possible. Anyone claiming mind reading powers is merely a good guesser and a conman. Ladies and gents, it is this that makes the most sense.

But wait, maybe i'll be told that just because it is improbable dosen't lead to imposible. Well at least we can admit the improbability of the whole situation. There's as much chance as going outside, being hit on the head with a brick and waking up with phsycic powers.

Now please help reaffirm my belief that there is at least a shread of intellectuality on this site by NOT voting for such a waste of time. I'm sure Mallic will agree on this, and so will everworlder. Loony28 is truly loony.
SubmissMe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby goldragon_70 » March 6th, 2006, 1:56 pm

SubmissMe wrote:It seems that half the people posting on here are taking silly pills. Someone has been watching too many sci-fi movies. Loony, I honestly cannot belive you are being serious.

It cannot be denied that we have brainwaves. Yes science shows us that mental states reflect our emotions. But the idea that these brainwaves go beyond the brain is just absurd.

And if not, then how does CT scans, that has no chemical interaction, work? There is something that is detectable beyond the skin. Besides there are other devices that measure electrical pulses in the brain from the skin, meaning there has to be some sign beyond the skull. Actually I'm getting this from science Documentaries that I have seen over the years, not movies.

SubmissMe wrote:
So lets pretend for a second that telepathy is possible? How does it work? How do we interpret the brainwaves of other people? How is a human fully equiped to measure brainwaves? The list of questions just goes on.

Ok, let’s assume that the electrical activity in the brain creates a magnetic like field, like a power line does. (How do you thing an electro magnet works?) Well the question is how do magnets work?

I believe in other less measurable theories, but I going with this for argument sake.

There have been studies, that have recently been made public, of devices that were charged with psychic energy, that would mentally effect people.

SubmissMe wrote:
And now for a second lets pretend that telepathy isn't possible. Anyone claiming mind reading powers is merely a good guesser and a conman. Ladies and gents, it is this that makes the most sense.

Well, more like they would be able to read a persons eyes, movement, skin color change, and what they have previously said, and then be able to more accurately plot a thinking pattern, much like how some scientist make theories, by plotting and predicting. Good Guesses.

SubmissMe wrote:
But wait, maybe i'll be told that just because it is improbable dosen't lead to imposible. Well at least we can admit the improbability of the whole situation. There's as much chance as going outside, being hit on the head with a brick and waking up with phsycic powers.

Impossible means that there is no chance (IE 0 chance), were with improbability it has a small measured value of happening, so yes, improbable is not impossible. Yes, the second part is true, although you would have done better by using Lightening, since many homes are made of brick.

SubmissMe wrote:
Now please help reaffirm my belief that there is at least a shread of intellectuality on this site by NOT voting for such a waste of time. I'm sure Mallic will agree on this, and so will everworlder. Loony28 is truly loony.

Like I said before it would be wasting EMG's time, atleast from my perspective, unless he was being paid to make the file.
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » March 6th, 2006, 5:50 pm

:twisted: Well it may be a moot point now. I haven't been able to find it on the voting page. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » March 6th, 2006, 10:47 pm

loony28 wrote::twisted: Well it may be a moot point now. I haven't been able to find it on the voting page. :twisted:

Ohhhh the irony. :lol:
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby foxboy » March 7th, 2006, 9:49 am

i have found it on there
foxboy

Postby foxboy » March 7th, 2006, 10:01 am

Never mind its gone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ok im done now
foxboy

Postby Mallic » March 7th, 2006, 2:23 pm

For fucks sake... EMG, could you remove this vandilism shit.
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page