3rd person?

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

3rd person?

Postby demigraff » February 12th, 2006, 11:29 am

I was just checking new files on the voting page, and noticed a few new ones written in the 3rd person, and that started me thinking.

Since I've been visiting this site, I've only seen a handful of suggestions written in the first person ("This file will make me feel..."), and always pretty near the bottom of the list before they vanish. Are people less likely to vote on an idea written in this way for some reason? Maybe people find it harder to visualise the file working on themselves, or maybe its coincidence that people who write like this are more likely to have highly individualised ideas which don't appeal to many people.
In the main, I think these have normally been perception/experience ones, suggestions that let you experience a particular fantasy while in trance. Coincidence? Maybe its just one person who writes in the first person, which would lead to the suggestions written in this style being similar in content. Or are there more 1st-person suggestions that I have skipped over?

Most of the suggestions seem to be written in the 2nd person ("You will need to..."). I'm guessing that this is the most natural way to write hypnotic suggestions, although why this should be I'm not sure.

Then there's occasional 3rd person ones. Almost all the ones I've seen in this form are files I doubt EMG would ever make for moral/legal reasons. "This file will make her fall in love with me...". Why do people submit these? I don't see why 'she' would listen to a file of that description unless she felt something for you anyway - in which case, what's the point?

So anyway... I'm kind of curious. If you've posted suggestions on the voting page, what style do you write in? Did you think about why this person is appropriate?
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby ryuutchi » February 13th, 2006, 7:23 pm

"First Person" is "I, me, my" statements. i.e. "This file would trigger me to lick high heels."

"Second Person" is "you" statements. i.e. "This file would trigger you to lick high heels."

"Third Person" is "he, she, it" statements. i.e. "This file would trigger the victim to lick high heels."

Hope that helps.
ryuutchi

Postby demigraff » February 14th, 2006, 2:44 am

Hmm... that's one I didn't think too much about. The files which say "the subject/victim/listener". There's quite a lot of those, although most seem to drop back to 2nd person somewhere in the middle. Maybe its just me, but the ones of those I can recall at the moment often seem to be more complex/detailed suggestions.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page