Do you think the voting page has become ridiculous?

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

Do you think the voting page has become ridiculous?

Postby charon2187 » March 13th, 2006, 5:10 pm

I may be out of line for saying this, but isn't the voting page getting a bit silly? It is basically the the same 10-15 file ideas repeated about fifty times.

(My first post!)
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Kendai » March 13th, 2006, 5:31 pm

okaym there are some crazy files in there, but the main problem is that there aren't enough "fun" files around. anyone have a brainstorm as to what a fun file idea wold be?

my no sex toys file apparently flopped, i guess if you have a sub you want to stop reciving pleasure from inanimate objects, you can prettymuch do it yourself. . .
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby charon2187 » March 13th, 2006, 6:36 pm

There are some fun files, but the problem is, it's like trying to find a needle in a huge pile of crap. People become jaded and don't even bother voting anymore.
Stewie Griffin: Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 13th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Well i have a few ideas working. I have only submitted one of them so far. Astral shapeshifting.

Other ideas i am throwing about:

Pattern breaking. essentially a way of increasing your luck it allows you to get out of synch with your natural rythym of performance. this alters your statistical position in a gaussian bell curve distribution. it may sound kooky but i have done this and it seemed to work really well for me.

lets say you are playing slot machines. the machine works by generating a random number and comparing that to another psuedo random number in a payout table. if they match the machine gives out a payout. if they don't match you lose. if you play a slot one one credit per toss you can see that they will tend to go a certain number of throws between payouts and that the pattern generally repeats. well the gambling industry relies on the average joe not being able to tell when to trigger the machine at an instant when the machine's tables tell it to win. people tend to follow a rythym when they perform something mechanically like continually triggering a machine. so if your ordinary pattern makes you miss the wins a lot then offsetting your actions would break you out of the pattern and increase your probability of winning. once you have synched with the winning pattern you maintain the new pattern and your tendency to fall into a pattern should keep you in the winning zone over time. The file causes you to subconciously pattern break and then synch with the most optimal rythym in cases where such things can be useful. because it is not just slot machines that have patterns you can sense by subconsciously spotted cues.

I also did a science based youth regeneration file and a biologically sound
rationale for gender change. true these ideas are not new but they go about it in a unique way and should be synergistic to some of their kindred files.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Fluid » March 14th, 2006, 9:26 am

Don't worry. They disappear soon enough without sustained voting.
Fluid
Regular
Regular

Postby SubmissMe » March 14th, 2006, 3:44 pm

That's not the point. It's annoying to wade through horse shit posted by idiots to find something decent.

I think we should have more restrictions as to what users can and can't do i.e only regulars and above can post files. This creates a sense of loyalty to the site and people are less likely to post something stupid, see nobody votes for it and then bugger off. They'd rather just not bother.
SubmissMe
Mentor
Mentor

Return to The Voting Page