This body changing stuff

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

This body changing stuff

Postby hypnocock » March 29th, 2006, 9:18 pm

I know i am probably bumping something old, but i dont care :) but my question is how would people do any of the really wierd crap on the vote page. Is it possible to ACTUALLY change a hair pigment, not just make you think it is changed, with hypnosis? I suggested it, and i am wondering if that or alot of the stuff can happen.
hypnocock

Re: This body changing stuff

Postby nuit09 » March 29th, 2006, 9:37 pm

hypnocock wrote:I know i am probably bumping something old, but i dont care :) but my question is how would people do any of the really wierd crap on the vote page. Is it possible to ACTUALLY change a hair pigment, not just make you think it is changed, with hypnosis? I suggested it, and i am wondering if that or alot of the stuff can happen.
Even if it can actually occur the mental effort involved in doing it is far more than that of getting some hair coloring from the store. there are some physical changes that can be done via hypnosis. there is peer reviewed research on some of it. others are more magical thinking based rather than phsyiologically based. and for those the sheer effort is beyond the reach of all but the most dedicated subject.

simply listening to a file will not change your hair color except as a hallucination. however, research has shown that hormones levels are effected by hypnosis and hair lightening and hair becoming finer (body hair) is an effect of increased estrogen and decreased testosterone it follows that body hair reduction and lightening is technically possible.

did you know for example that research has shown that when male athletes lose a competiion their serum testosterone level goes way down and when they win it goes way up? Testosterone levels are effected by a variety of mental experiences. ergo the mind controls production of testosterone. so hypnosis which controls the mind can control testosterone. understand?And testosterone controls among other things coarsness and pigmentation of body hair. So...
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Jacara » March 31st, 2006, 9:26 am

Basically, since hypnosis can affect the really deep parts of the mind, and the mind controls hormones, and hormones can change hair colour (my hair darkened at puberty, and many women's hair colour changes after pregnancy)... it's theoretically possible, although very difficult/rare. Maybe if a subject went very deep, and a hypnotist tried various methods to convince the body to do that... but again, very hard to do.

Anything the body that has already happened is easy to re-do, like breast growth in women or penis growth in men. Like someone here said before, the subconscious understands "do as you did before."

I would doubt that anyone has ever grown a tail (for example) through the power of their mind.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

one for the furries here:

Postby nuit09 » March 31st, 2006, 6:11 pm

http://www.eristic.net/fey/info/index.html

and here a picture of a man aledgedly photographed shapeshifting into a wolf:

http://www.paranormalplus.com/Group%20action%20marked.jpg

Human genetic make up contains genes for a fish form, an amphibian form, a primative mammal form, a simian form and so on. As a fetus develops in the womb it cycles through some of these genetic forms prior to reaching the recognizeable human form. notably an amphibian like form complete with working gills, etc. since gene switching is chemically moderated and many peptides, anzymes and hormones can be moderated "artificially" by biofeedback and unusual mental states, it is possible if unlikely that a sufficiently knowledgeable practitioner could trigger the proper genetic sequences to grow a tail or something similar.

That is a semi-reasonable scientific justification for it. But there is always good ol' raw magick where the changes do not have to have an existing scientific pathway to fruition.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » April 1st, 2006, 4:00 am

I see no wolf.
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » April 1st, 2006, 5:50 am

Mallic wrote:I see no wolf.
agreed. what i see is a poorly lit photo that appears to show furry hands and perhaps facial hair outside the normal areas of facial hair growth and a greyish pallor. it takes some faith to see it as advertised. however, it is unusual and it gives the impression some transformation *may* be happening. i posted it for consideration only.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » April 3rd, 2006, 2:42 pm

I don't even see that - I just see some guy sticking his hand in the air. And some cheap Photoshop effects.
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » April 3rd, 2006, 3:17 pm

Hyp-know-fetish wrote:I don't even see that - I just see some guy sticking his hand in the air. And some cheap Photoshop effects.
I believe your "cheap photo shop effects" are two people waving Cyalume chemical lights whilst the shutter speed of the camera causes the motion to be caught as a streak. but maybe that's just me. :lol:
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » April 4th, 2006, 12:31 am

Oh, I see it now. The "Cheap photoshop effects" are in the shape of a wolf's head
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » April 4th, 2006, 2:18 am

i may regret this but, "whatchutalkinbout willis?" I see no such image. the area i am focusing on is the old man on the right of the phot's face and hands. i see no ghost image there. i see his beard. i see a greyish blur on and slightly outside the borders of his hands which may be hair or a product of crappy photography. i see no distortion of his facial fetures like his nose or mouth. i have 20/08+ vision.

i don't particularly care about the two figures playing with cyalumes and only have slight curiosity about whatever it is in the old man's hand. if there is a superimposed wolf anywhere else it calls into question the photo owners sanity but not what is going on with the old man whether he is just hirsute or is about to bark at the moon.

the problem in my view is the poor quality of the photo not any aledged tampering in photoshop. Frankly if i were to try to perpetrate a photoshop fraud i would not choose such a crappy photo as my starting point.

EDIT: on further persual of the parent site the streaks are not just dipshits playing with cyalumes; they are alledged energy streamers that looks curiously just like what would occur if a dipshit were waving a cyalume around under low shutter speed.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page