KETOSIS FILE: DANGER

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

KETOSIS FILE: DANGER

Postby joey_jojo » May 24th, 2006, 3:42 pm

ketones are not what are described as in that file. if anyone of you know a diabetic, then you should know ketones. ketones are what cause diabetic's problems in the long run, like blindness and amputations. as a matter of fact, Atkins diet has nothing to do with ketones; theyre opposite ends of the spectrum. when the sugar levels in your blood get too high, because of too much Carbohydrate intake without enough insulin to balance it out, then you start to develope ketones which are VERY HARMFUL. this is from personal experience, being a diabetic i kinda have to know all this. vote for the file/use it if it gets made, but YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
joey_jojo
Regular
Regular

Postby CuriousG » May 24th, 2006, 4:05 pm

A file like this one wouldn't have results worth anything anyways.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jacara » May 24th, 2006, 4:30 pm

If it hasn't been made yet, then suggest that they change the script. No sense putting out a warning for a file that doesn't yet exist.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby joey_jojo » May 24th, 2006, 8:03 pm

problem: it doesnt say who submitted a file, and im warning people incase it gets made. if it doesnt, then yay.[/code]
joey_jojo
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » May 24th, 2006, 10:09 pm

*bzzt*

The description of ketones in that file is wrong, but not as far off as you might think. As well as with high blood sugar, ketones are produced in the body as a byproduct of breaking down protein for energy. Your body does this when your blood sugar gets too low.
The atkins diet (or at least the versions I've read about) recommends testing for ketones as a sign that your carbohydrate intake is low enough. When in ketosis, you can lose weight very rapidly - unfortunately, most of the weight lost is muscle tissue, your liver, and various other internals. Also, you may be interested to know that ketones are believed (I've seen articles for and against the hypothesis, so its not fact) to be a cause of neuropathy. You'll lose a lot of weight fast when your fingers fall off.

If you really want ketones in your blood, you can get them relatively easily - the simplest ketone chemical is acetone, which is commonly used for removing varnish or paint. Making organic ketones is quite simple back-room chemistry, requiring only benzene, unsaturated fats, sugar and bleach. (Note - ketones created by following this advice will kill you even quicker than ketones formed by dieting)
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Ketosis

Postby DAVE275 » March 11th, 2010, 11:06 am

Not sure I agree with you demigraph ,, As a bodybuilder ,, I have used this method to shed bodyfat quickly ,, once I entered the Ketosis state ( in the purple on a Keto Stick ) it was my fat that began to melt off of my body as my LBM actually increased a tad bit going from 305 @ 18% ( 250.1 LBM ) to 285 @ 12% ( 250.8 LBM ) Just the conclusion I come to based on these r/t facts for me .
DAVE275

Postby tomtom-phs » June 20th, 2010, 3:42 pm

i am also diabetic, BUT, ketosis, (to much ketones), according to my former psychologist, is caused by too much protien intake. i was on a low carb diet (not as extreme as the Atkins one but still) and was warned to be aware of the possible dangers.
tomtom-phs
Regular
Regular

Postby bobjoe11 » June 25th, 2010, 5:32 am

If we want to be really specific (sorry, organic chemist- I'm sure that if EMG had up a "TrigOrganicChemist" file someone triggered me a few years ago and just... forgot to revert me to normal). Ketones are any C=O bond in which the C is attached to two more alkyl groups. We have a bunch of them in DNA, they exist in a good many sugars, and are the basis for many headgroups in phospholipids. So, to the untrained listener, I suspect that the file will do to them what they "think" a "Ketosis file" would do: ingesting "ketones" can be no more dangerous than eating a piece of gluten-free bread, but can be more dangerous than taking crack (which does have a ketone group on it).

Yeah, that was kinda prudish of me, sorry.
bobjoe11
Regular
Regular

Postby MrsLauraLinn3 » September 26th, 2013, 7:51 am

HAHAHA...@ TANYASLAVE
support the arts..kiss a musician ;-p

ALWAYS TRYING TO CONNECT EVERY ACTION TO THAT DEVINELY DELICIOUS FEELING IN THE PIT OF MY STOMACH THAT BEGINS WHEN I HEAR THE WORDS 'YOUNG LADY'
MrsLauraLinn3

Postby KIY » September 26th, 2013, 9:40 am

Well, considering that this thread started in 2006, I'm guessing that if the file hasn't been made by now, it is unlikely to be made any time soon. Anyway, if someone has a serious medical condition such as diabetes and they want/need to lose weight, they should consult with their doctor before using a file found on a hypnosis fetish web site. A friend of mine has used, among others, an Atkins-style diet at one point, but he was in communication with his doctor the whole time.

Just my US$0.02 worth.
KIY
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MrsLauraLinn3 » September 26th, 2013, 3:24 pm

I agree 100%. I am new to the site and have been enjoying myself..looking around..The former poster just responding by saying "this is an erotic hypnosis site?" so matter of factly ...it just struck me so funny...I fully appreciate your post though...Thank you!
support the arts..kiss a musician ;-p

ALWAYS TRYING TO CONNECT EVERY ACTION TO THAT DEVINELY DELICIOUS FEELING IN THE PIT OF MY STOMACH THAT BEGINS WHEN I HEAR THE WORDS 'YOUNG LADY'
MrsLauraLinn3

Postby Tangy » November 19th, 2013, 11:22 am

MrsLauraLinn3 wrote:I agree 100%. I am new to the site and have been enjoying myself..looking around..The former poster just responding by saying "this is an erotic hypnosis site?" so matter of factly ...it just struck me so funny...I fully appreciate your post though...Thank you!

Yong Lady was that so Hard to do?
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page