Miracle

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

Miracle

Postby aj » June 21st, 2005, 8:56 am

Looking at some of the voting things, there seems to be a number of people looking for miracles. I know hypnosis works, but some people seem to be expecting things that I can't imagine working. ie, the social files, that make you outgoing and interesting. You have to learn to be interesting, it's not locked away in your mind right now.
And singing voice could only come about if you have a knowledge of what a good pitch is, etc. Lots of people think they sound good, that their voice is very musical, when it really isn't. You may be able to get your voice to a point where you think it sounds good, but other's probably wouldn't.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but some of these files can't change you unless you have the knowledge base, or research into something. Of course, I could just be being a dick and ruining peoples hopes of an easy change.
aj
Regular
Regular

Postby chymos » June 21st, 2005, 9:56 am

I have to say I only partially agree with you about the singing voice thing. Yes, the only way to get a good singing voice is practice and training, but hypnosis can help you learn to pick up on tone and pitch more effectively, which is one of the largest stumbling blocks to learning to sing well
chymos
Regular
Regular

Postby Linja » June 22nd, 2005, 3:55 am

Yeah, I agree. Every now and then I look through the votes for a laugh. Some people really expect hypnosis to do the impossible.

And I think you're entirely right, hypnosis can only make a difference if you have knowledge of what it is you want to change. Hypnosis cannot create knowledge in your mind, unless the person explains that knowledge while hypnotising you.

-Linja
Linja
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » June 22nd, 2005, 4:15 am

Or how about these files setting the direction in which your mind moves. So that every subsequent action/thought is moving towards a greater understanding of whatever it is that the file was intended to engender.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Re: Miracle

Postby loony28 » June 22nd, 2005, 9:43 am

that_guy_812 wrote:We really should have a moderator for the voting section

:twisted: There is a moderator for the voting section. His name is EMG. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby MRV35 » June 26th, 2005, 11:17 pm

that_guy_812 wrote:EMG should be busy making files, not stoping people being idiots.

I will tell you one thing. With EMGs knowledge of hypnosis, he must get a good laugh everytime a strange file is posted. True, the mind is a powerful organ capable of many things, but I highly doubt you can grow an arm you lost years ago or grow a womb from your penis. That type of feat takes time during the development of the body. I don't think its possible to get the body back to the development stage. If that were the case, what is the need for plastic surgery? Why get a facelift or a boob job? What about SRS? I know hypnosis can do some things, but drastic changes such as those require more than just brain power. IMHO.
MRV35
Regular
Regular

Postby makidas » June 27th, 2005, 1:34 am

You'd be surprised....
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » July 1st, 2005, 9:40 am

Let's just say the mind and body are capable of incredible things.
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby DaytonaMaster » July 10th, 2005, 2:01 pm

It is amazing what hypnosis can do. I met a man that had a terrible stutter, worse then Mel Tillis. He had gone to a few doctors, and was told that it was biochemical, and he would need powerful meds to overcome it.

He visited the guy that taught Me hypnosis, and was able to speak without stuttering when he was in trance. By the use of post-hypnotic suggestions, he was able to overcome his stuttering in only a few months. His doctor told him that he has never seen anything like it before.

Either this means that hypnosis can do some miraculous things (which I believe), or medical "science" doesn't know as much as they would like people to think.

I have never seen a case where hypnosis can give someone the ability to do something they have never been able to do, but I know that it can help bring out unsuspected latent talents. One of the ways it can help someone, is by allowing them to understand things easier that they study. Allowing them to recall the information, and helps them with motivation problems.

No, I do not know if hypnosis is a panacea of cures and miracles, but I know that it can do a lot more then some people think it can.
Submission is not for the weak. Slavehood is a vocation without bounds.
DaytonaMaster

Postby isadora » July 13th, 2005, 8:01 pm

Hypnotism can only do what your body and mind are capable of doing. No more, no less.

But the majority of people aren't aware of their full potential (or their full naughtiness in my case *grin*) until hypnotism helps them overcome some of those barriers that may have hindered the realization.

Is hypnotism the be-all-end-all to all of the world's problems? Definitely not.

But it's something to keep an open mind about.

and DaytonaMaster i liked your story about the man who stuttered. As someone who stutters herself I find that fascinating, and should really look into it. Though my stutter isn't terrible or pronounced. :) Thanks for that inspirational story though.
isadora
Regular
Regular

Postby alloiledup » July 18th, 2005, 7:30 pm

There are lots of voting ideas. Hope EMG can have more time producing the files. Does it mean the ones with little votes won't get produced at all? Many ones with lots of votes are "straight" world oriented. Well, afterall, there are a lot more "straight" people (well, many could be bent. LOL) than gay people, so of course those ones get more votes. The gays are then not well represented. I am gay. I posted a number of voting ideas up but don't think many will get produced. If it is sex related, mine focuses on the male and masculinity. Hope some of them do get EMG's attention even when the votes are not as high, so there is a balance for people of a different sexual preference.

Come to think of it, what does EMG stand for? EMG is a male I believe. Afterall, it's a man's voice recording in the mp3's. Curious. What's behind that voice? Sounds like Charlie in Charlies' Angels to me.
alloiledup
Regular
Regular

Evil Mindwarp Guy

Postby maskedwomyn » July 18th, 2005, 10:54 pm

EMG stands for Evil Mindwarp Guy. As to whether your files will get made or not, sometimes it helps to see about getting a custom file made. i know that several custom files have demonstrated an interest in a topic so that after having made one as a custom file EMG went ahead and made a few more to continue the topic.

Good luck on finding the files you are looking for.

the masked womyn
maskedwomyn
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » July 25th, 2005, 9:17 pm

There are SO many impossible/REPEATED file surgestions, that a mass cleanup you be an outstanding management option at this point
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Re: Miracle

Postby sandy82 » August 4th, 2005, 10:46 am

aj wrote:Looking at some of the voting things, there seems to be a number of people looking for miracles. I know hypnosis works, but some people seem to be expecting things that I can't imagine working. ie, the social files, that make you outgoing and interesting. You have to learn to be interesting, it's not locked away in your mind right now.

This is an old thread--almost an historic thread, for several reasons--but I think aj's comment bears repeating.

I won't use the word "impossible". There may be an exception out there. But let's say that becoming "interesting" through hypnosis puts a large burden on the versatility of hypnosis. Being interesting in a group of stamp collectors is different from grabbing the limelight in a group of Amazon trekkers. How is hypnosis supposed to bridge that gap?

I believe that a hypnosis file can make someone outgoing, i.e., less self-conscious. I doubt that a hypnosis file can make someone interesting to a possibly random or even hostile audience. Consider the lurking possibility: a garrulous dullard. The combination can be deadly.

There's a true story that sheds some light on the predicament. During the Sepoy Rebellion in 1857, when large numbers of both Hindus and Muslims in India were incensed at all things British and most things western, one well-meaning British colonial walked out of his house to read excerpts from the Bible to the rioters. They didn't find him interesting, and in about two minutes he was dead.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page