Guess who's back, back again - the PILLOCK!

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

Guess who's back, back again - the PILLOCK!

Postby BobbyS » July 2nd, 2005, 8:13 am

I hope none of you regard this as flaming but there's no prizes for guessing which dick put this file on voting page.

CurseSinful
Every time the subject allows themself to be hypnotised, they will be aware that it is sinful and wrong, and that they deserve punishment. The subject will seek forgiveness by listening to a punishment or humiliation file, or one of the curses, slightly beyond what they would otherwise be willing to do. This is a punishment, to make them regret their sinfulness, rather than something they do to enjoy it. But sooner or later, they begin to enjoy the new training, as always happens, and then they will know that listening to it is wrong, and for that they need punishment... This curse will cause the subject to feel guilty about listening to the files, but will drive them to listen to more and more extreme humiliation files and curses in an attempt to find absolution, until they are under the effects of every file in those categories. This curse can be removed by EMG. I think it would be fair for this one to be removed for free, though, once you are fully under the effects of 6 or more other curses.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY'S PROBLEM???!!!
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby demigraff » July 2nd, 2005, 9:07 am

Using guilt to reinforce the files rather than to detract from them sounds like an interesting idea. Maybe this could be useful for people who want to be humiliated, but have inhibitions due to a religious upbringing.

In any case, I think its entirely unlikely this was posted by Mortal, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, whoever wrote this obviously has some sense of humour (or at least irony), and secondly, it looks to me like this is exactly the kind of thing Mortal was opposed to.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » July 2nd, 2005, 10:48 am

:twisted: I doubt that it was Mortal, unless he was just trying us all look evil which could be the case. If it was Mortal, he submitted it as a trap. If it wasn't, whoever did did it to piss off Mortal. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby BobbyS » July 2nd, 2005, 11:16 am

My take on it was that it's a file that aims to 'punish' people who listen to the files on this site by making them feel guilty about it, maybe I'm just reading too far into it.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 6th, 2005, 3:35 pm

BobbyS wrote:My take on it was that it's a file that aims to 'punish' people who listen to the files on this site by making them feel guilty about it, maybe I'm just reading too far into it.

Bobby, I think you're absolutely right. Mortal/Greg thought he was coming here to save souls. Then, as many a disillusioned evangelist, he found out that his target audience wasn't buying what he wanted to sell. He was still a member on June 30, and by then he had contempt for the site users. He said as much in one of his posts on July 1.

This is not Greg trying to convert. This is Greg trying to be contemptuous. Equal swipes at the users and at EMG. Greg apparently spent a long time composing this entry...and perhaps someone off-site helped him with the phrasing and punctuation.

I called him a fanatic, but I don't think I ever called him dumb. As of this writing, he's gotten 13 people to vote for this item.

I wonder what he would call them?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby BobbyS » July 6th, 2005, 4:46 pm

I wonder what he would call them?

God knows, sandy82, but I'm sure even He wouldn't have anything good to say about it.

As for the poll, I'm sorry, I should have made this clearer; vote 'yes' if you think this post IS done by Mortal, 'no' if you think it isn't.

P.S. Mortal actually told you his name? - surprised he didn't use his 'holier-than-thou' routine to avoid it.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 6th, 2005, 6:45 pm

BobbyS wrote:
I should have made [the poll] clearer; vote 'yes' if you think this post IS done by Mortal, 'no' if you think it isn't.

P.S. Mortal actually told you his name? - surprised he didn't use his 'holier-than-thou' routine to avoid it.

Your poll question was very clear to me. You deserve credit for finding that "suggested file."

In addition to the postings, I got about five PMs from him---all but the last one in very pleasant-sounding language. He signed himself "Greg", but I don't know whether the name is correct. A lot of these people think it's okay to lie in the name of the cause. That's the mark of the true moral fanatic: they're so convinced they're right that they think it's okay to use immoral methods to achieve their supposedly pure goals.

At one point, someone thought I was being too harsh on him when I said he and his group would lie for what they consider the "greater good." On July 1, he admitted that every apology he had made was a lie...and then he implied that he wouldn't make that "mistake" again.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » July 6th, 2005, 8:22 pm

sandy82 wrote:
BobbyS wrote:
I should have made [the poll] clearer; vote 'yes' if you think this post IS done by Mortal, 'no' if you think it isn't.

Your poll question was very clear to me. You deserve credit for finding that "suggested file."

In addition to the postings, I got about five PMs from him---all but the last one in very pleasant-sounding language. He signed himself "Greg", but I don't know whether the name is correct. A lot of these people think it's okay to lie in the name of the cause. That's the mark of the true moral fanatic: they're so convinced they're right that they think it's okay to use immoral methods to achieve their supposedly pure goals.

At one point, someone thought I was being too harsh on him when I said he and his group would lie for what they consider the "greater good." On July 1, he admitted that every apology he had made was a lie...and then he implied that he wouldn't make that "mistake" again.

:twisted: Well if he lied about the apologies then he's lying about not making that "mistake" again. Like I said before, if Mortal is the one who posted that suggestion he did it as a trap and those that voted for it are fools. Thankfully I didn't vote for it. I wonder why EMG put that one up for a vote seeing as how it could of been from Mortal. He probably did submit it seeing as how he'd use immoral methods to achieve his goal, and here he was bashing us about our morality. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby BobbyS » July 7th, 2005, 7:56 am

Hear hear!
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby demigraff » July 8th, 2005, 1:47 am

I don't get it. How is this a trap?

The file obviously appeals to some people, because people voted for it. I figure its a good idea - I always find it difficult to stop feeling guilt about my kinks, and guilty thoughts are a major obstacle to being able to focus.

For me (and doubtless other people), feelings of guilt are a negative feedback, trying to drive us away. So a file which turns that guilt into a positive reinforcement, using it to increase your desire to be hypnotised, would be a great help.

When the Mortal guy was here, he was talking to any members who have these feelings of guilt, trying to persuade us that that's a reason we shouldn't listen to the files.
This suggestion has the same target audience, but would be attempting to persuade people that guilt is a reason they should be listening.

Same target audience, opposite direction. So if something like this was made, Mortal and his army of clones would be even less likely to find anyone receptive to their preaching.

loony28 wrote:If it wasn't, whoever did did it to piss off Mortal. :twisted:

That's also a real possibility
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page