Premium Membership and Votes

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

Premium Membership and Votes

Postby CWolfCW » July 20th, 2005, 3:53 pm

I'm just trying to figure out how this works:

If we have a premium membership now but have already voted for a file before getting premium membership, were our votes automatically adjusted to five?
CWolfCW
Regular
Regular

Postby Bazorba » July 20th, 2005, 4:41 pm

From what I can see, this is not the case unfortunately

All votes from the point at which you purchase your membership will count for more, but it is not retroactive
Bazorba

Postby EMG » July 22nd, 2005, 10:13 am

Correct, otherwise I would have had to put in a snazzy little piece that varies the value of your votes based on whether your a member at any given moment since memberships do expire. So, if there's a file you REALLY want, become a member, THEN vote ;)

Bazorba wrote:From what I can see, this is not the case unfortunately

All votes from the point at which you purchase your membership will count for more, but it is not retroactive
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bazorba » July 22nd, 2005, 1:44 pm

[quote="EMG"]So, if there's a file you REALLY want, become a member, THEN vote ;)

Well, that's kind of hard now considering that some of us have already voted for stuff when we didn't even know a premium membership was coming
Bazorba

Postby EMG » July 22nd, 2005, 5:13 pm

Oh, well, maybe next time.

Bazorba wrote:
EMG wrote:So, if there's a file you REALLY want, become a member, THEN vote ;)

Well, that's kind of hard now considering that some of us have already voted for stuff when we didn't even know a premium membership was coming
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby johnbohnrevenge » July 23rd, 2005, 1:10 am

While this would probably be a bit cumbersome, you could create a new account labled, I don't know, Bazorba2, and sign up for premium on that, then vote. It would be a lot of hassle, require a lot of time, and it would be essentially cheating the system.

Ever considered a "remove vote" option for those cases where people's computer mouses slip?
johnbohnrevenge
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Mallic » July 23rd, 2005, 2:20 am

Ever thought of putting a "reviewer" of the file in place? Someone how looks though the deleting those which are repeats or simply to stupid for words? I volenteer, I have a lot of spare hours.
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » July 23rd, 2005, 12:18 pm

I don't have anything in place to allow that and probably don't have the time but if you want to send me lists of duplicates. As for too stupid for words, that's usually a matter of personal opinion, but they usually don't get many votes and are deleted within a month.

Mallic wrote:Ever thought of putting a "reviewer" of the file in place? Someone how looks though the deleting those which are repeats or simply to stupid for words? I volenteer, I have a lot of spare hours.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sandy82 » September 16th, 2005, 9:12 am

Bazorba wrote:
EMG wrote:So, if there's a file you REALLY want, become a member, THEN vote ;)

Has anyone here ever bought a pair of jeans, a sweater, etc., at full price...and then the items went on sale two weeks later?

Does anyone here not see at least two parallels?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page