Inspired by the 'Age confusion' suggestion

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

Inspired by the 'Age confusion' suggestion

Postby demigraff » December 15th, 2009, 5:03 pm

This entry on the voting page:
AgeConfusion wrote:This file creates a temporary state of age regression by causing the subject to be confused about his or her age, using milestones of development rather than numbers. For example: We all know that you're such a big girl (or boy), so grown up that you don't need to drink out of a baby bottle anymore, which is why you've graduated to sippy cups because you're such a big girl. Soon you'll be able to drink from a glass but not quite yet, because you still spill when you try, don't you? But that's OK, because you're a big girl and don't need baby bottles like little babies anymore, and you have your big girl sippy cup, which makes you happy, doesn't it? And everybody knows that big girls (or boys) like you don't mess their diapers anymore, because you're not a baby, are you? No, you're a big girl who doesn't mess her diapers at all. Someday you'll be able to stay dry, and you won't wet your diaper in your sleep or when you're awake, will you? But even though you can't manage to stay dry day or night, it's all right, isn't it, because you're a big girl who doesn't go poo in her diapers anymore like a little baby, right? Confusing messages like these could help cause a toddler-like regressed state, which will last for a short time after listening to this file.

made me wonder whether this more detailed method might work better for me ... I've tried other files with a "become XX years old" type trigger, but found little effect, and I was wondering if that's because I don't really have a mental image of what a baby/toddler is like at certain ages.

So I thought maybe something like this would be a good way to create a mental image of how to behave/feel at certain ages.

Something like this (using quotes from the voting suggestion as an example):

Imagine you are XX months old. Whenever someone says "regress to XX months" you will feel just like you're going to imagine now.

We all know that you're such a big girl (or boy), so grown up that you don't need to drink out of a baby bottle anymore, which is why you've graduated to sippy cups because you're such a big girl. Soon you'll be able to drink from a glass but not quite yet, because you still spill when you try, don't you? But that's OK, because you're a big girl and don't need baby bottles like little babies anymore, and you have your big girl sippy cup, which makes you happy, doesn't it? So whenever you hear someone say "regress to XX months", you will know you are old enough to not need a baby bottle, so you will use a sippy cup.

<insert a few other things describing a baby XX months old>

And everybody knows that big girls (or boys) like you don't mess their diapers anymore, because you're not a baby, are you? No, you're a big girl who doesn't mess her diapers at all. Someday you'll be able to stay dry, and you won't wet your diaper in your sleep or when you're awake, will you? But even though you can't manage to stay dry day or night, it's all right, isn't it, because you're a big girl who doesn't go poo in her diapers anymore like a little baby, right?

But when you were (XX - 1) months, you went poo in your diapers sometimes. Imagine you are (XX - 1) months old. Whenever someone says "regress to (XX - 1) months" you will feel just like you're going to imagine now.

<description of how at (XX - 1) months old you sometimes poo in your diaper, but not all the time because you're not a little baby any more>

<other descriptions for (XX - 1) months>

So basically, it would be counting down 1 or 2 months at a time. There would be 4 or 5 threads (toilet training / bottle or cup / coordination and walking / talking / I don't really know). With each count down, one of them would change to something similarly phrased, while the others would say the same thing as the previous month (maybe with slightly different phrasing - I'm not sure).

Would anyone else like to see a regression file structured like this? Would it be better to count up or down during the file?

PS: The example here seems gender specific, but that's not a particular preference. I'd be happy either way.

PPS: If anyone records this, don't forget to include "revert to normal". Or maybe if you're not untriggered, you can age by a couple of months every hour.

Hmm ... not sure how long such a file would be. You might end up needing a break in the middle for a deepener.

I suspect you'd start with 6, 5, 4, 3 years old, then start going down 3 months at a time, bimonthly, and then single months for about the last year. Though I suspect someone who knows what rate a baby usually develops at could provide a better guess there.

(PS: I may end up commissioning this file, because my curiosity wants to try comparing a micro-management, detail-heavy file to the existing daddy's girl)
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page