Proxies? No Proxies.

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

Proxies? No Proxies.

Postby sandy82 » September 16th, 2005, 10:49 am

Don't get your hopes, or anything else, up. Keeping official track of current voting proxies (if there were any) would be an accounting nightmare--not to mention changes, cancellations, etc.

I do have a proposal, which I suppose I could have mentioned in a PM. I chose a posted message because someone else may want to try it.

Regular visitors to The Voting Page may not realize that it was an idea advocated and pushed by johnbohnrevenge. Without him, it wouldn't be here. That may seem like nothing special to the average reader, but make a list in your mind of the people you know who have done something genuinely constructive here or in R/L. Suddenly, jbr's efforts stand out.

I am not going to try to give johnbohnrevenge my voting proxy. I don't want to burden EMG with such a proposal, much less with an actual proxy system. There are already enough time-consuming, "free" proposals to last a lifetime.

Instead I am going to name johnbohnrevenge (whether he likes it or not) the equivalent of an informal movie critic. If he tells me, say, near the beginning of the month that he recommends TrigThis or CurseThat, then I will vote for his choices.

I think I voted for files one time, and that was in April. I rarely visit this Forum. I suppose the reason is that EMG has the longest experience, a fertile imagination, a knowledge of what "works", excellent scripting skills, and a good voice. I figure that he knows, better than I do, what would make a good file. But I also know that he won't publicly recommend from among proposals made by members.

Jbr, the preceding paragraph does not make you second choice. It makes you, in my opinion, the best available choice.

I bet there are other people who feel the same way I do: they don't read the proposals but they know someone they trust. For that reason, I made the topic into a thread. If somebody objects to the thread, ask the moderator to remove it. He might say yes, and he might say no.

Johnbohnrevenge, after you give me my fries, I'll share a way that this can be done very efficiently. openly, and with a minimum of effort.

Anyone have comments, suggestions?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Return to The Voting Page