To many file to vote on.

A discussion of the files on the voting page.

Moderator: EMG

To many file to vote on.

Postby rustyrivers » October 14th, 2005, 6:12 pm

It may be an idea to divide the files in three catagories. 0 to 100 votes. You must get a certain amount a month to stay in with your file sugestion.

When your file gets past the hundred it goes to the second catagory, everybody can vote on it again.

Past two hundred votes it goes to catagory three. Here you can vote unlimited, upvotes and downvotes.

If youre vote slips under the two hundred it goes strait to the bottom.

It's just a first draft of an idea so please feel free to elaborate on it.

love,

Rusty
rustyrivers
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » October 15th, 2005, 12:29 am

Good idea
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Re: To many file to vote on.

Postby johnbohnrevenge » October 15th, 2005, 6:38 am

rustyrivers wrote:It may be an idea to divide the files in three catagories. 0 to 100 votes. You must get a certain amount a month to stay in with your file sugestion.
It's just a first draft of an idea so please feel free to elaborate on it.

love,

Rusty
I don't know whether anyone else shares this opinion, but this could be too complicated to follow for a person unaccquainted with the system (read: person who has just been introduced to WarpMyMind) - "what happened to my file suggestion?" happens a lot as it is - and too much trouble to follow for infrequent visitors who don't have the time to track down a file which they wish to see made (read: example other than me).
Oh, and implementing that could easily be more trouble than its worth (aesthetically, at least - where would you find room for up/down buttons? Should we be told how many negative votes there are? Should people really shoot down suggestions just 'cause they don't like them?).

I fully apologise in advance for not being a yes-man.
johnbohnrevenge
Mentor
Mentor

Postby InsaneCPRClown » October 15th, 2005, 10:06 am

i do have to say that, your idea does confuse me man... and there could be problems with that idea as well... (if wat ur saying means this) that the files wont be seperated by what they are, but instead just listed in a category of amount of votes... that would make it virtually a bit harder to find the files to vote on... dont get me wrong... i mean... it sounds like it could work... but it is confusing
InsaneCPRClown
Regular
Regular

Return to The Voting Page