Some thoughts on hypnosis

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

Some thoughts on hypnosis

Postby asdf » January 29th, 2006, 10:31 pm

The mind is a amazingly powerful and influential thing. It creates everything around us on the basis of space and time. Somehow these masses of chaotic impulses and perceptions assemble into something tangible called "reality." Now, in the process of rendering this reality, the mind makes some assumptions: color, shape, quality, all the different properties of an object and assembles it for you to see, touch, smell, hear, etc. Your mind is always doing this.

Now we get into hypnosis. Let's make a dogmatical presumption that all conceptions of reality are gained by empirical objects as they are originally and by nature. (This has been gone over in many major philosophical works and should not need rehashing here.)

Hypnosis attempts to change your conception of reality on a subconscious level by altering externally the way your mind perceives a certain thing. In effect, this opens a gateway to altering your brain -- anything you choose. Your physiology, political views, dietary habits, relations, emotions, and anything else, are created directly from external objects. You, as you know yourself in a physical sense, are an external object. No one knows anything, truly, in it's natural, pure sense.

For example, watch some of Hitler's speeches to the German people. Watch his power and intensity. Watch how he moves the people into a frenzy with words. He's an excellent orator, and his speeches influenced the opinions of many people. Enough people in fact to put him into power. Look at all the shit he caused. He's with one man with words. Demonstrating the power of mere speech over nature. Nature didn't make Germans believe in Hitler's racist views. Germans are not predisposed to be racist. So it must have been some outside influence.

Let's return to Hitler. Most people think Hitler was a bad person. What do you feel when you see Hitler speak? Is it indignation, fear, anger? Nature doesn't intend for the voice and appearance of Hitler to be felt in this way. It is not his voice or opinion that angers you, but the conceptions you have formed about him in your mind. Someone convinced you, most likely when you took history class, that Hitler was an evil person.

What if someone could do the same with, say, transgendered people. If someone, a hypnotist, could through rigorous conditioning make a male perception into a female one. Take the anger you may feel in a situation, and turn that into a sensation. Turn the perception, the sensation, of one's chest into the sight of breasts. Turn the mirror image of a male body into a female one. In the same way, if a man were color blind and believed that he saw a red object, but that object was not red, his mind would be telling him, albeit incorrectly, that he is seeing a red object. On the other hand, a man who completely, unaware of the nature of things, believed that he was a really a female, would undoubtably perceive himself fully as a female. I think this also explains the "woman stuck in a man's body" and vice versa syndromes.

The most powerful mind altering substance on the planet is human experience. Synthesized directly in the brain. :) If hypnosis hasn't worked for you, it's not because hypnosis is flawed, but because you haven't done it correctly.

(I probably have missed something big. I'm going to review this one and post some details later ... maybe.)
asdf
Regular
Regular

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » January 29th, 2006, 10:56 pm

Excellent points made, asdf. Actually, this thread would be more appropriate in General Hypnosis, but I can't say it was a bad choice to post here.

I must, however, disagree on one point. Hitler, though a great speaker (I'm saying this on a professional level, personally I hate his guts) was not, as far as I know, a hypnotist. He didn't alter perceptions of reality, he spread propaganda, put spin on even the misinformation, and used his speaking talent to inspire his people. The ability to speak well is a great trait (too bad he wasted it on the Holocaust, he would have made an excellent politician/lawyer/prime minister) but it really doesn't alter the mind.

All your other points are superb, there is no fault with them that I see. Indeed, belief can cause absolute changes in reality. Hypnosis is definitely the height of human power. It is the power to change not just what the world looks like, but what we think it is. And there is no limit.

After all, look at this site. The extreme diversity of possible changes, from quitting smoking (if it's not here already it should be) to sexual help to the just plain "I dare you to become X for a day" kind of thing. BTW, I hot-dog-double-quadoople-dare you to be a baby for 24 hours. Just kidding.

There is no limit to what you can do to yourself, and if they let you, to others. That's why I became a regular at this site. It helped me see the truth about hypnosis, and it changed my dreams into realities. Amazing.

I came in here hoping to learn how to control minds completely, it has always been a fetish of mine (hence, the name) and let's face it, I didn't want to just change their ideas about fashion. I was in it for other reasons. But I learned, chiefly through here, that that isn't really possible unless the subject wants it. This site inspired me to research the truth about what hypnosis can do. And even though I can't use telepathy to form a harem, I can still alter reality in so many ways that I sometimes think I really do have one. That and other reality distortions keep me happier than I ever was before.

And that, as you said, is the awesome power of hypnosis. I intend to stay for a long time because there isn't any hocus-pocus or cheap crap. It's the real deal.
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby tecywiz121 » January 29th, 2006, 11:41 pm

The mind is a amazingly powerful and influential thing. It creates everything around us on the basis of space and time. Somehow these masses of chaotic impulses and perceptions assemble into something tangible called "reality." Now, in the process of rendering this reality, the mind makes some assumptions: color, shape, quality, all the different properties of an object and assembles it for you to see, touch, smell, hear, etc. Your mind is always doing this.

This is too true, although I don't believe that reality is “tangible”, as in the fact that it is a physical thing. Reality is a very individual thing, it varies from person to person because no mind is exactly the same. For example, lets say that someone sees a red ball. What makes red red? Each individual knows exactly what red is but, there is no universal way to “experience” red. Try to explain it, concretely, without using another color. The fact that the mind makes assumptions is undeniable, but everything in our reality is either an assumption, for example color, or built upon assumptions, like objects.

Objects are built upon assumptions because you can say “Well a table is a table because it has a flat surface, and that surface is level.” Other things, such as colors, emotions, certainty and uncertainty are all assumptions that the mind makes, to define reality.

Now we get into hypnosis. Let's make a dogmatical presumption that all conceptions of reality are gained by empirical objects as they are originally and by nature. (This has been gone over in many major philosophical works and should not need rehashing here.)

If all of reality is based on assumptions, how can we have an empirical object? I mean, objects can have their proven properties, but even those properties, and the methods we used to obtain them are fundamentally based on the assumptions of our minds.

Hypnosis attempts to change your conception of reality on a subconscious level by altering externally the way your mind perceives a certain thing. In effect, this opens a gateway to altering your brain -- anything you choose. Your physiology, political views, dietary habits, relations, emotions, and anything else, are created directly from external objects. You, as you know yourself in a physical sense, are an external object. No one knows anything, truly, in it's natural, pure sense.

So you are saying that the mind can be directly altered by hypnosis, without passing inside the confines of the mind? The mind can't be altered externally, (although external stimuli can affect it) it is encased in the brain, which processes the raw data from all the senses before it reaches the mind. The mind then takes that data, and converts it into what we see/hear/feel. Hypnosis alters the subconscious which takes the data and displays it to the upper levels of the mind. The subconscious also takes messages from the rest of the mind and sends them to the brain, which passes the messages onto the body. ALMOST anything can be changed with the subconscious, but somethings are too deeply based in our genetics to be changed.

For example, watch some of Hitler's speeches to the German people. Watch his power and intensity. Watch how he moves the people into a frenzy with words. He's an excellent orator, and his speeches influenced the opinions of many people. Enough people in fact to put him into power. Look at all the shit he caused. He's with one man with words. Demonstrating the power of mere speech over nature. Nature didn't make Germans believe in Hitler's racist views. Germans are not predisposed to be racist. So it must have been some outside influence.

Nature? Meaning human nature, or the nature that allowed our creation? If by nature you meant human nature, it can be changed by mere words, but it can't be overruled, nor completely overwritten. Hitler was just a man to take advantage of a desire in people and stir them to action. It happens all the time today, just the action is usually to buy something.

If you meant the other Nature. Nature didn't do anything! It can't do anything because it is just the culmination of an infinite number of possibilities resulting in what we now see and feel. Nature allowed for the possibility racism in the mind, but you are right, it didn't make them do anything.

The most powerful mind altering substance on the planet is human experience. Synthesized directly in the brain. If hypnosis hasn't worked for you, it's not because hypnosis is flawed, but because you haven't done it correctly.

There is one small flaw in hypnosis: Its not real human experience. Some of the time, it isn't even an experience at all. Usually, it is a way to implant things in a mind to cause a desired effect. The files that work well are the ones that are an experience, for example LRFemaleOrgasm. It works right away, no waiting, but thats because it is an experience. With triggers and training files, it will take much longer because the mind has to convert those instructions into a memory, or an experience. If there were some way to make a trigger into something that resembles a memory, or something that could be interpreted as one, it would be almost instant.

Well thats my 2 cents. I could really use two cents, or even one cent.
tecywiz121
Mentor
Mentor

Postby SubmissMe » January 30th, 2006, 11:43 am

If you are a follower of the direction of fit, it shows that hypnosis is very possible. That's why I'm here.
SubmissMe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby willh5689 » June 15th, 2006, 6:47 pm

i belive hitlers rallys had such great effect on the people because he controled every aspect of the german media
willh5689

Postby Dingus » June 17th, 2006, 9:32 pm

I have just recently come up with a theory to use for hypnosis, which I couldn't think of a better place to post. Is it possible to put someone in a trance that was previously highly unsuggestible, and get them to compose a piece of music and/or visuals that can nearly force someone into a suggestible hypnotic trance? They will of course use some kind of multimedia program compose this.

In other words, I want to know if there's a way to reverse-engineer hypnosis.
Dingus
Regular
Regular

Postby SubmissMe » June 18th, 2006, 6:50 am

I disagree that our mind creates the reality in which we live. The reality is there regardless, it is up to our mind to percieve it. Since everyone percieves things differently, reality is different for everyone and explains why hypnosis files change everyone differently.
SubmissMe
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Some thoughts on hypnosis

Postby claymore58 » December 12th, 2007, 2:18 am

asdf wrote:The mind is a amazingly powerful and influential thing. It creates everything around us on the basis of space and time. Somehow these masses of chaotic impulses and perceptions assemble into something tangible called "reality." Now, in the process of rendering this reality, the mind makes some assumptions: color, shape, quality, all the different properties of an object and assembles it for you to see, touch, smell, hear, etc. Your mind is always doing this.

Let's return to Hitler. Most people think Hitler was a bad person. What do you feel when you see Hitler speak? Is it indignation, fear, anger? Nature doesn't intend for the voice and appearance of Hitler to be felt in this way. It is not his voice or opinion that angers you, but the conceptions you have formed about him in your mind. Someone convinced you, most likely when you took history class, that Hitler was an evil person.

What if someone could do the same with, say, transgendered people. If someone, a hypnotist, could through rigorous conditioning make a male perception into a female one. Take the anger you may feel in a situation, and turn that into a sensation. Turn the perception, the sensation, of one's chest into the sight of breasts. Turn the mirror image of a male body into a female one. In the same way, if a man were color blind and believed that he saw a red object, but that object was not red, his mind would be telling him, albeit incorrectly, that he is seeing a red object. On the other hand, a man who completely, unaware of the nature of things, believed that he was a really a female, would undoubtably perceive himself fully as a female. I think this also explains the "woman stuck in a man's body" and vice versa syndromes.

The most powerful mind altering substance on the planet is human experience. Synthesized directly in the brain. :) If hypnosis hasn't worked for you, it's not because hypnosis is flawed, but because you haven't done it correctly.

(I probably have missed something big. I'm going to review this one and post some details later ... maybe.)

While I agree with your ideas on hypnosis,your facts on germans are a bit skewed.
Prior to Hitlers rise to power(much earlier) the was a lot of anti-semitic intolerance in Germany.
claymore58

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics