The difficulties of hypnosis: Building a sexy-fun community

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

The difficulties of hypnosis: Building a sexy-fun community

Postby WME3 » June 4th, 2016, 10:42 pm

Hypnosis reminds me of those old traveling magicians from the turn of the last century: like mediums, the air of mysticism is heavy. Its as old as language itself, and after all this time it has been regarded with that same cloudy image of 'magic' among mainstream groups. Businesses utilize the skills involved in hypnotism, but the actual act is not named in conversation usually. Even science, the one place its had a lot of research has large gray areas outside of a few established points. With the fluctuation of activity on this site, along with others outright disappearing (e.g. Hypbook), I've been wondering about how hard is it for others to get into the hypnotic community and be active.

To be realistic, this is a niche issue. I've been on the website for almost 6 years, 7 If you count lurking. Erotic hypnosis lacks a vocal crowd because of the topics and fetishes that sometimes go along with this. Sometimes you want a wank and leave the files here, separate from RL. Have you ever come to the website just to get a file and leave? Plenty of people do this, and that's ok. It means there's others out there who are curious and interested in what the community offers, even if they never say it. The problem that others have cited about the lack of activity (Wohermiston made a bump in the diaper subforum just to make sure it was still alivehttps://www.warpmymind.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14230&sid=16fb9509eec7e01d8c0a92650ead58f5) Feminization is more popular, but it has its moments as well.

For more reference, there's a subreddit called erotichypnosis that has just under 8000 people subscribed, but gets a post or two every 24 hours. In comparison, there's hypnotic videos on youtube that have gotten several million views. The first thing I searched for in google by typing in "hypnosis video youtube" I get this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnU2Ld1ttoE
and it has over 5 million hits. This shows me that there's at least 5 million people who at one point have or had a feint interest in this. People come, people go.
If I can venture a guess as to how many people are actively or secretly involved in an online or offline setting, I'd wager the number is higher than 10-20 thousand people I have guessed. Based on the view count on files downloaded here "See sort by most popular files for example", there's repeated downloads of the most popular. Compare that to the amount of views in forums, and the numbers go down a little bit more. The volume of posts are even smaller ofc, but there's value in those posts.

From what I can gather so far, the subject of hypnosis does and continues to intrigue a large population of people beyond the scope of this forum and others out there, be that professional or recreational in nature.
Erotic hypnosis makes building active discussion harder to do, especially in western countries like the US.

These are just my observations at face, if you see anything inaccurate you may correct as necessary.

So what makes a hypnosis/erotic community work?
Where are the challenges in getting more members?

What things does WMM do best and worst in this regard?
WME3
Regular
Regular

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics