Thoughts on the use of drugs with hypnosis?

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

Thoughts on the use of drugs with hypnosis?

Postby dounknown » December 3rd, 2020, 1:33 pm

I was not sure which thread to post this on, but since drugs are somewhat political and philosophical I thought I would post it here.

So I guess my main question is: Amongst users of hypnosis, how common is it to incorporate drugs (in this case, marijuana or psychedelics) into the hypnosis session? I know that psychedelics such as shrooms and LSD increase a person's suggestibility greatly, but is it frowned upon to use for purposes of erotic hypnosis? Would it be considered unethical to use it all for hypnosis outside of a licensed practice?

I ask because when I originally started paying attention to my desire to be hypnotized, I failed greatly. I was never able to go into trance, let alone notice the effects from the files I listened to. When I entered college I was introduced to the world of psychedelics and my first thought immediately went to the practical uses to achieving my goals. Since I've started listening to hypnosis while using a psychedelic, I've found great success. It's like a door opened in my mind allowing hypnotic suggestions to take effect. Even when I'm not using a psychedelic while listening to hypnosis, the files still work. So I guess I'm also wondering if other people have experimented with psychedelics and hypnosis? and what if any, were the results?
dounknown

Re: Thoughts on the use of drugs with hypnosis?

Postby Jackstock » December 6th, 2020, 6:24 pm

I have heard of some people having much better results with nootropics, like ADHD drugs or similiar.

But generally, especially with recreational drugs, a little bit helps, but too much will make it ineffective.
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics