New Website

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

New Website

Postby SubmissMe » May 16th, 2006, 8:08 am

I am currently working on a .com philosophy website displaying not just my own theroies but theories of other philosophers as well as members. The site will include a large forum strictly dedicated to philosophical debate as well as displaying a vareity of different theories and background to philosophers.

I am considering purchasing a .com name for this, and considering my computing understanding is limited I could use a little help.

Who thinks this will be a good idea? Who thinks they can help (even EMG if you aren't too busy)?
SubmissMe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby aeroue » May 16th, 2006, 3:05 pm

Where else have you advertised it?
If it is just here then no, you will get little traffic, you need to advertise it more.
This forum is pretty dead normally so I expect most people are not that interested.

Personally I would not bother, there are plenty of philosophy sites on the internet already.

Also a .com tends to be expensive but whether that matters depends on how much you expect to gain from the site and how much spare money you have lying around.

Why do you want to?
aeroue
Mentor
Mentor

Postby goldragon_70 » May 16th, 2006, 6:52 pm

I'm for it. Putting in the back gound is actualy a good idea, that I haven't seen much.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby SubmissMe » May 17th, 2006, 7:23 am

I have money spare for a .com name, and for me this is more about experience than money. As for traffic, I want to target this forum (as well as ANY other philosophy forums I can find) and in a sense unify them.

I agree that there are several philosophy forums out there, also there are a couple of good sites explaining biographies on philosophers and important theories. However so far to my knowledge there is no readily accessible site where people can learn and discuss together on the same site.

Again I intend to make my site free, and any money made would most likely be through banner ads. The main aims are to inform, and create a ground for discussion. I am honestly not too bothered about how much the purchase will cost, as long as it is not over $100 - am I being too unrealistic here?

Is anyone willing to help or offer advice on creating a website? Does anyone know websites particularly well and has time to spare?

This project has so far not even been started, it is merely a pipedream, but will it work?
SubmissMe
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics