insanity

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

insanity

Postby tnot » September 23rd, 2007, 10:40 pm

the last 2 years for me have been a flurry of knowledge, experiences, revealed truth and synchronicities. i hate to admit it but the pathway opened for me through the use of drugs, but dont get me wrong i dont regret a second of my life, and if i dont learn another thing in my life im glad i got to know as much as i did. but back to the point of this post, recently ive been seeing an ever increasing pattern in our culture, it seems like were submerged in a pool of ignorance. its like everything around us is meant to entangle our thoughts into something besides what we should be looking at. everything, TV is the most obvious, but theres books, video games, mechanical toys, cars. and then theres the less obvious, the global warming scare, religion, popular culture.our children are taught lies at young ages to make them easier to guide into a dreamlike oblivious state into adulthood. when you really grasp how far off the course we are its frightening. its to the point where i cant sleep sometimes because i feel like the lies of our society are piling down onto me. all i want to know is if anyone else is seeing the pattern, that were headed to enslavement as a many by the few in charge, or am i going freking crazy? any information you believe to be important i would appreciate.
nothing in life worth doing is easy
tnot

Postby Darkmind » September 24th, 2007, 4:25 pm

A saying I once put in my college newsletter:
Choose your brainwash.

Sure, everyone wants you to go along with what they think is right. Society is built on people agreeing that certain things are right and others are wrong. Some are mostly obvious, others not so much. Some just make things easier. (And some just make things easier for those saying what is right.) Every person has the ability to judge which they should accept and which they won't. Some use that ability, some don't, and some would rather someone else used it for them. 8)

You say we are 'off course'. Who decides what the course is?
Darkmind
Regular
Regular

impaired reality testing

Postby susandirs » September 29th, 2007, 3:50 pm

Whenever you find yourself saying that "everyone else is wrong", it's best to keep in mind the possibility that everyone else MIGHT be wrong, or both you and everyone else could be wrong to different degrees.

There have always been people who quit their jobs and walk out onto the street with cardboard signs saying "the end is near". They believe that their job doesn't matter because any day now the world will end anyway. In psychology, we refer to these individuals as having "poor reality testing". They can become obsessed with a possibility, such as the end of the world, and they are unable to properly evaluate it's likelihood.

One of the men with an "end of the world" sign might tell you that the war in Iraq or Afghanistan is evidence of an impending third world war. However, they are unable to take into account that we invaded Iraq in the 90's without causing a world war, the Russians invaded Afghanistan in the 80's without causing a world war, and Iraq was also invaded by the British in the early 1900's without causing the end of the world.

In short, don't become obsessed with the current shady dealings of some authority figures. Stay skeptical of authority but don't stockpile weapons in preparation for a paranoid contingency.
susandirs

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics