Anyone think this is for real?

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

Anyone think this is for real?

Postby thewx » June 4th, 2008, 4:53 pm

I'm not exactly sure what this is . . . I stumbled across it this afternoon. It's a website with spells (supposedly real). There is a gender spell (http://spellsofmagic.com/books/987/2/1/page.html) and I'm curious if anyone has tried or knows anything about the website? Or if anyone actually believes it's real?

Just curious! :)
thewx
Regular
Regular

Postby mudkips » June 4th, 2008, 6:23 pm

If it were, I feel fairly confident in saying that everyone would know about it by now.
mudkips

Postby thewx » June 4th, 2008, 6:32 pm

That was my feeling as well, I was just wondering had actually tried it or not.
thewx
Regular
Regular

Postby nasirah » June 7th, 2008, 9:31 am

This one is very weak with flaws and whatnot. This would be at best the foundation for something that would acutally work. This is one of those that looks as if someone tried to throw something together and did not put much thought into it. There is little here about gathering the types of energies that is needed, nor is there anything really about the internal thinking during the spell, no circle or even mention of it. I could go on ad infinitum with this one
nasirah

magic?

Postby stephiebaby » October 27th, 2009, 10:19 pm

"I'm not exactly sure what this is . . . I stumbled across it this afternoon. It's a website with spells (supposedly real). "

If you think it's real, pm me. I've got some beans you might be interested in. Seriously though, magic is mild entertainment and a perve (charmed), self induced hallucinations, or a history lesson on fear, ignorance and desire. That is the reality of magic.
Take a break from the internet, go to a library and stay in the non fiction section. You'll find the real world a much more fascinating place than any magical story, magic is just shallow and easily digested fiction. Oh, and while you're at the library, read up on the subject matter from this site and you will further your understanding of magic, superstition and religion.

"Not to insult anyone's beliefs here, but magic is too personal a subject to be divided in black or white and governed by rules stipulated on a website rife with spelling flaws"

Not caring about how fragile peoples beliefs are; magic is a fictional subject governed by the rules of the author. If one person believes magic exists and is black or white, then that is what magic is in their delusion/fiction. Same as gods and religion, none of it is real so it is entirely up to the individual how they imagine such things.
As for spelling mistakes (for those who share the magic delusion) perhaps that is why magic is so elusive, the spells don't work with correct spelling? (This would actually be true as superstition and magic are much more popular with the uneducated, so it would be much more likely that any magic (if it existed) would respond to phonetics, not correct spelling.)

"This is one of those that looks as if someone tried to throw something together and did not put much thought into it."

The essence of all things magical and religious, thrown together with a lack of thought.
stephiebaby
Regular
Regular

Postby bandler » January 30th, 2011, 12:20 am

Yeah. And have you noticed that Harry Potter does not pronounce the spells the same exact way that Hermione does?

Yet the spells STILL WORK!

Magic is in the mind of the beholder.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics