Theories about god

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 4:07 pm

charon2187 wrote:What spiritual entity?
It Looked like the angel of death. a skelatal figure in wind swept tattered grey black robes with a hooded skull whose eyes were dim flames of reddish fire. The being moved as if gravity were skewed of the plane of gravity. he was at an odd angle to the (floating above) floor. i was paralyzed and terrified. at the same time i could see the room and the inky blackness of the universe beyond. There was a chill wind blowing and there was a buzzing moaning noise. when he became aware that i could see him he outstretched his hands to encircle my neck as he advanced across the space between us. i struggled and managed to croak out a religious abjuration. as i did this he/it appeared angry somehow and sped up his approach to me. as i finished my weak and feeble abjuration and as his hands began to close together he began to both fade out and sink through the floor. it was some time before i could actually move on my own. i lay there as the paralysis wore off straining to see if yet another spectre would come after me. I later learned that the building i was lodged in was a former SS barracks ( Vilseck Germany) and that there were tunnels under the very floor i was on. tunnels where torture and medical experiments were carried out on the nazi's prisoners.

Death is one of Satan's offices or titles. Appolyon. Son of perdition. perdition means to perish. according to St John in the final judgement death itself will be thrown into the lake of fire.

From that day i studied both the occult and the scriptures. i learned banishing rituals. i learned the bible from the manuscripts via interlinear bibles, concordances and so on. i learned a good many occult disciplines along the way.
Last edited by nuit09 on March 18th, 2006, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » March 18th, 2006, 4:30 pm

Satan is just a part of God that we fear and therefore separate from God. Grim is not near as friendly as St. Lucifer though.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 4:40 pm

The incident acted as an initiatory experience for me. it was terrifying and i would have never have wished for it. but it happened. and it dragged me into a much larger world than i would have occupied otherwise.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 4:50 pm

I think I prefer the world that revolves around me. :wink:
Stewie Griffin: Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 4:56 pm

That is my preference also. but i was not consulted in the matter... :wink:
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » March 18th, 2006, 5:04 pm

I understand Nuit. The experience that have brought me into my understanding, have been at times ....strange and Socially out casting.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 5:06 pm

I love being a social outcast. :D

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 5:06 pm

Indeed. trauma is the engine of initiation. it always has been.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » March 18th, 2006, 5:09 pm

the fuel is disorientation.
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 5:12 pm

Who said it was traumatic? I just saw the bimbos at my high school, and decided: I don't want to be like them! And I went to art galleries, instead of spreading my legs for the jocks.

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby goldragon_70 » March 18th, 2006, 5:15 pm

charon2187 wrote:I just saw the bimbos at my high school

That's traumatic. Especialy to me! :P
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 5:15 pm

Yes. all western initation rituals involve a reenactment of the candidate's death and a hoodwink to disorient the candidate. In some cases the initiate is made to lay in a closed sarcophogus. (Even in a Christian Baptism it is an enactment of dying in the flesh and being born in the spirit.)In western initiatory traditions the candidate is often led around blindfolded for at least part of the rituals. "child of Earth! Long have you dwelt in darkness. Depart ye now the night and seek the day!"
Last edited by nuit09 on March 18th, 2006, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 5:17 pm

Not as bad is you wear polarized sunglasses :wink:

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby goldragon_70 » March 18th, 2006, 5:19 pm

yea, read up on that a little. A rebirth ritual.
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby aeroue » March 18th, 2006, 5:22 pm

It's a bit late but, good post Jack,

On the subject of these 'beings' Nuit was talking about. I may have encountered similar, two times I remember, once when I was very small and last week with flu in the middle of the night. Couldn't move but only for a few seconds.

Not sure if it was truly there or not, but there is a lot of documentation on the subject.

It is no evidence for God though, it could have been anything or nothing, there are several explanations for that kind of experience.

Shadow people, old hag syndrome and sleep paralysis if anyone wants to Google.
aeroue
Mentor
Mentor

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 5:24 pm

The closest thing I have to a spiritual expierience is when I'm near the ocean. It always feels like its calling out to me to join it. I hate being away from the sea...

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 5:25 pm

goldragon_70 wrote:yea, read up on that a little. A rebirth ritual.

yes indeed.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 5:30 pm

charon2187 wrote:The closest thing I have to a spiritual expierience is when I'm near the ocean. It always feels like its calling out to me to join it. I hate being away from the sea...

i know your predilection and i mean no offense but you need to balance yourself out. were i you; i would meditate on the other elements to even out your spiritual composition. Meditate on arth, fire and air and practice elemental breathing visualizations. then it would be safer to explore your desires for the element of water. Elemental water is a cruel mistress. an enchantress that can drown or enslave you body and soul. many are the admonishons to the young mage to avoid the allure of congress with the undines.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 5:34 pm

I think that's a bit late. I've been under it's thrall for as long as I can remember.

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 5:35 pm

aeroue wrote:It's a bit late but, good post Jack,

On the subject of these 'beings' Nuit was talking about. I may have encountered similar, two times I remember, once when I was very small and last week with flu in the middle of the night. Couldn't move but only for a few seconds.

Not sure if it was truly there or not, but there is a lot of documentation on the subject.

It is no evidence for God though, it could have been anything or nothing, there are several explanations for that kind of experience.

Shadow people, old hag syndrome and sleep paralysis if anyone wants to Google.

I have. hypnogogic or hypnopompic imagery brought on by awareness in REM sleep paralysis cannot explain what i experienced. i have examined the literature thouroughly. it cannot explain it any more than Dr Susan Blackmoore's thesis that NDE visions are caused by systematic death of brain cells form the brain stem through the visual cortex can explain the continuum of NDE experiences.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 5:48 pm

I think that the water loves me. It gifted me with webbed hands and feet, and I can hold my breath for 2 1/2 minutes.

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby goldragon_70 » March 18th, 2006, 6:09 pm

Water too calls me, but has not gifted me as such. It has loved me and caressed me none the less. I find I can center very fast with it. Air is the same, but is more like a father were as water is like a mother. Nuit some people are just not able to center on all elements, they will always have a stronger pull to the other elements.
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 6:16 pm

True; but water is the most physically dangerous element to be overballanced with. air gets you "airheaded" fire gets you quick tempered. earth gets you lethargic or hedonistic. but water makes you receptive, passive, fascinated, entranced and may actually drown you. of all the elements water is the one that the western traditions warn the most strongly against. There is a reason for that.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Also if anyone here understands astrology, my rising sign, sun sign, and moon sign are ALL pieces(the fishes), which I'm pretty sure is not a coincidence.

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 6:22 pm

charon2187 wrote:I think that the water loves me. It gifted me with webbed hands and feet, and I can hold my breath for 2 1/2 minutes.

the lore speaks of such people. according to the lore they are a water spirit that managed to incarnate in a human body. such people often walk into a pond lake or ocean and disappear. their purpose in the flesh is to evolve a more compound nature and gain a soul but many fail. they are overcome by their fascination with their strongest element. they need the other elements to grow thier spirit into a soul that God will not destroy as he will the elemental spirits at the end of time. to do that they need both human interaction and to acquire the other elemental aspects as a permanent part of their being.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » March 18th, 2006, 6:23 pm

hummmm, I guess I need to find that more detailed description all I know there is I'm a cancer. Nuit, the reason why some people center in one or two elements is there personality is strong enough to handle the danger. The upside is there elemental magic is stronger there, which of course shows there down side.
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 6:24 pm

charon2187 wrote:Also if anyone here understands astrology, my rising sign, sun sign, and moon sign are ALL pieces(the fishes), which I'm pretty sure is not a coincidence.

Taurus. scorpio ascendant.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 6:30 pm

nuit09 wrote:
charon2187 wrote:I think that the water loves me. It gifted me with webbed hands and feet, and I can hold my breath for 2 1/2 minutes.

the lore speaks of such people. according to the lore they are a water spirit that managed to incarnate in a human body. such people often walk into a pond lake or ocean and disappear. their purpose in the flesh is to evolve a more compound nature and gain a soul but many fail. they are overcome by their fascination with their strongest element. they need the other elements to grow thier spirit into a soul that God will not destroy as he will the elemental spirits at the end of time. to do that they need both human interaction and to acquire the other elemental aspects as a permanent part of their being.

goldragon_70 wrote:hummmm, I guess I need to find that more detailed description all I know there is I'm a cancer. Nuit, the reason why some people center in one or two elements is there personality is strong enough to handle the danger. The upside is there elemental magic is stronger there, which of course shows there down side.

WOW! I've learned more about myself in 4 hours, than I have in the last 18 years!

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 6:34 pm

Delighted to be of service :D
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 6:36 pm

So I really don't have a soul? :cry: I feel like I have a soul.

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby goldragon_70 » March 18th, 2006, 6:37 pm

No worries, Although, I think Nuit is more on it with the elemental spirit in human body thing. It would make since with you being drawn to being a mermaid.
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 6:42 pm

Well, I'm definitely going to study this. Is there any way I can return to the sea? 'Cause I'm never truly at peace when I'm not wet.

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 6:46 pm

charon2187 wrote:So I really don't have a soul? :cry: I feel like I have a soul.
Being in the flesh and human you do have at least a seed of a soul. humans are not elementally pure. they are compound by nature. so an incarnate elemental would have gained at least that much. but they are not necessarily well balanced.

most elementals cannot pull off the trick needed to descend the conception vortex from the astral into a human fetus. to do so by choice they have to be some what beyond the ordinary undine in terms of spiritual development. of course with the confluence of water signs and perhaps proximity to living water or predilection of the parents it is concievable for it to happen accidentally.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » March 18th, 2006, 6:52 pm

nuit09 wrote:I have. hypnogogic or hypnopompic imagery brought on by awareness in REM sleep paralysis cannot explain what i experienced. i have examined the literature thouroughly. it cannot explain it any more than Dr Susan Blackmoore's thesis that NDE visions are caused by systematic death of brain cells form the brain stem through the visual cortex can explain the continuum of NDE experiences.
Can't explain everything. Thousands of people have reported floating over their bodies(their physical eyes being closed) during NDEs, seeing things that were physically impossible for them to see, and then later on talking about it.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Yeah, I was never good at balanceing :wink:

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 6:57 pm

charon2187 wrote:Well, I'm definitely going to study this. Is there any way I can return to the sea? 'Cause I'm never truly at peace when I'm not wet.
Preface the following with the phrase: "According to magical lore" if you are elementally balanced you can then enjoy the sea without it killing you. or you could try to learn the discipline of shape shifting physically. if you could do that then you could ignore the physical peril of the sea. but very few people have ever mastered shapeshifitng to the point where they could totally change their physical form. it is nearly unheard of. there are goetic spirits that teach the art and there are books of lore that teach the basics. (believe it or not you may have to consult fire elementals to learn shape shifting) but those who have mastered it are silent.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 7:05 pm

So, is there anything else I should know?

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 7:10 pm

charon2187 wrote:So, is there anything else I should know?
Tell me what comes to mind when you meditate on the word "Phul" or "Istiful" or "Nichsa?" How do these words make you feel?

The goetic entity named Ose teaches shape shifting. But Ose is very dangerous. and i have laid out the basic technique in my astral shapeshifting script proposal.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » March 18th, 2006, 7:11 pm

charon2187 wrote:So, is there anything else I should know?

it's a spritiual journy that can last several life times. :(
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 7:16 pm

Ok I'll try that. Where did you learn about all of this?

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 7:27 pm

charon2187 wrote:Ok I'll try that. Where did you learn about all of this?
There are several primers on western ceremonial magic that are very good. and lately the neo pagans have started stepping up with good primers on actual technique and theory as opposed to soulless recipie books that won't work without instructions on magical techniques.

I started With DMK's Elleven Lessons on Modern Magick and Konstantinos' summoning spirits. i then got Franz bardons evocation. There is now a good pagan book on elementary magick at least from the reviews i have read. There is a website that has a long transcript of conversations with the elemental kings and queens of each element. those are fascinating as well. i copied that and made a hard copy that i keep in my bookshelf to this day.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 7:33 pm

A conversation with an undine:

http://www.lava.net/~pagios/undine.html
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 7:39 pm

The Undine Isaphil

Isaphil. 6/27/2000. Sunday.

Preliminary. If you are planning to interact with undines, it helps to attune yourself first to the water element. One way I do this is to recall briefly my experiences with water. I recall times when I have been in extremely cold water. I enter memories where I swam in different lakes, rivers, streams, and oceans.

Next I explore water in nature a little more creatively. I imagine I am floating lying on my back in the ocean somewhere between the tip of South America and the South Pole. I sense the depths of the ocean beneath me and I notice an iceberg drifting a few miles to my left. I send my mind into the iceberg exploring its shape, mass, and temperature.

And finally I let go and just free associate with the water element. What comes to me is sitting on the shore of different islands in different seas and watching the waves and sea around the islands. I sit on a sandy beach in an island in Greece in the Mediterranean Sea and I sit on the rocky stone shore of upper Michigan overlooking Lake Huron. I lie on the dunes of the Florida Keys and I sit on the Island of the Sun in Lake Titicaca between Peru and Bolivia. I overlook Crater Lake and watch fisherman in the Black Sea.

After a while, the water element begins to feel very friendly. The air around me feels wet as if there are waves breaking around me and currents flowing through me. This is a nice beginning. It is very personal and the images are all familiar and reasonable.

To move to a more magical level, I imagine I am at the center of a sphere of ice cold water as large as the planet earth. It is silvery white in color like moonlight. After a while, I imagine this sphere to be made of solid ice. I explore different temperatures gradually working toward absolute zero. There is nothing else here--just ice cold water, liquid or solid, silvery light, and my consciousness. There is a point at which I begin to feel that if I persist a little further in my meditation I could fool even an undine into thinking I am one of them.

What I am suggesting is that to interact with undines you need to learn to think like an undine. The language of undines is different from what we are used to. Its lexical items, its grammar, and its logic follow a different pattern. Eskimos have thirty or forty names for the word snow. Imagine having thousands of names for the word water.

And then you can think about the verbs that describe action. We have words such as water flowing, rippling, splashing, spraying, surging, swirling, waves rolling, rising, curling, breaking, drops of water running, tides rising and falling, coming in and going out, etc. But imagine for a moment that you could perceive the movement of water directly with your consciousness. Imagine that you could measure accurately through direct intuition the mass, shape, movement, temperature, inner flow and currents, and mineral content of any body or aspect of water anywhere on earth.

Imagine being able to sense the quality, to recall, and have a name for individual waves. Imagine being able to touch the water in a stream and be able to tell the altitude and kind of clouds from which the rain fell, how quickly it fell, and how much rain water was absorbed by the ground and how long it took the rain to find its way into the stream. Imagine being able to look at a river flowing into the sea or an icy bay at the N. Pole and see in color and in holographic detail the way the fresh water is merging with the salt water.

And if the verbs are based on direct perception which have no limit to the predication, the logic is even more radical and novel. The logic is empathy, sensuality, receptivity, containment, release, pleasure, bliss, and ecstasy. The logic is love that joins freely without regard for form or identity. The ecstasy is in the ability to flow freely into and through any form without fear of loss, regret, or need to attach. There are times when learning to think like an undine requires learning to love like a divine being--the ecstasy is that intense.

If the water element is a problem for you, just practice a few minutes, even for half a minute every day. When you wash your hands or take a shower, make a picture of some aspect of water in nature and feel you are there within a lake, a stream, an iceberg, a waterfall, etc. After a few months, years, or decades--time is not really important--the water element begins to share with you its magick and beauty out of respect for the level of empathy you have attained.

Isaphil’s Domain. Isaphil’s Domain is very calm and incredibly deep. There is also a very strong magnetic field in this watery energy. I can sense other undines here who are under Isaphil’s influence.

Franz Bardon suggests you do not speak first, but remain silent allowing them to notice and then approach you. This is a good idea. You do not have to wait long. Sometimes it is just a matter of focusing on an undine. It does not take long for the undine to notice he or she is being observed.

There is one nearby who is sweet, friendly, and communicates a thrilling delight and ecstatic release just by her aura and responsiveness. She is like water splashing as an iceberg is formed from falling into the sea and as mist gathers before dawn and rises up over island cliffs.

Another undine is completely different. She embodies the ocean depths like the depths of the unconscious out of which dreams arise. Her nature is a deep silence and pure receptivity free of images and disturbances of any kind.

A third undine I also sense quite readily is different from the previous too. She seems very responsible, even maternal. I do not think of undines as being responsible. They are very magical and full of love, empathy, and delight, but the idea of a responsible undine is new for me.

This undine seems to specialize in sensing the ocean currents over the entire planet. It is a little hard to explain how this intuition comes to me. There is just a spontaneous connection--I can feel the energy inside of her body and this energy feels like what I would sense if I could feel the currents moving in all the oceans of the world.

She says to me, “There is more going on inside me than what you can imagine at this time.” For this undine, the oceans are like a living being. The undine is aware of the part the oceans play in nourishing life on earth. She is not as sweet as the other two undines, but she is very interesting. I would have to say in fact she embodies a very powerful maternal and protective instinct. There seems to be a lot I can learn from her.

Isaphil’s Inner Source of Inspiration. The moon embodies a pure receptivity. It receives and reflects light. The water element is similar. It also embodies a pure receptivity. Like the moon, it receives the light of the sun. But water also stores and transforms that solar radiance. It turns it into vitality, life force, and the power to heal and to restore. This combination of pure receptivity to inspiration that empowers healing and nurturing is the essence of Isaphil’s inner source of inspiration. It is extraordinarily calming and rejuvenating in the same moment.

Isaphil’s Sigil. Carefully visualizing this sigil produces a nearly palpable serenity. The content and peace are like a physical presence and force in your room. This physical force of serenity is really nice since it balances and enables so many of the higher plane kinds of peace and serenity to manifest in a more tangible form. Without the dense etheric and familiar astral feelings, the higher qualities of spirit are easily misplaced or lost amid the demands of ordinary life.

Outer Aura. Isaphil’s aura is calming and renewing. It has a way of getting inside of you, reconfiguring itself to offer you the kind of support you need in your journey through life. She is very perceptive. She notices instantly the kind of feminine support I have needed over the years and never found. I have the telepathic and tactile sense of being with a woman sitting out of doors perhaps at the White Sand Dunes in New Mexico, a grove of trees in northern Arizona, or among the granite domes of Yoshemite.

We are underneath a full moon. And she, the woman I am with, embodies the silence of the night and the serenity of the moon. Her mind is free of thoughts, her soul is open and receptive, and her heart knows how to be one with another person without holding anything back. And as she is one with the night and the moon’s light, she is also one with me. Like I say, Isaphil is very perceptive and, like other undines highly skilled in magick, she begins immediately filling in for what is missing in yourself.

I have personally witnessed men who have fallen in love with a woman and suddenly felt that they had attained their full power and strength. The woman’s receptivity amplifies by a factor of ten the man’s natural self-confidence and virility. It can become quite humorous at this point and also sad.

Some of the men thought they had suddenly changed and the woman was not part of the change that occurred to them. When they turned their back on the woman, all their confidence and masculine strength, so real a few days before, suddenly drained away. They tried desperately to persuade the woman to come back, but it was too late. The women usually have nothing more to do with these men who underestimated and abandoned the love that had been given them.

I make this point because Isaphil is like an archetype. She is one embodiment of the beauty in the seas of the earth. Unlike human women, she is always there and you cannot exhaust her patience any more than you can persuade the seven seas to be less receptive or nurturing because you no longer care.

But like human women, you can indeed make the mistake of giving too much or too little of yourself. Or you can mistakenly assume that the undine, like a lover, will fill in for everything you are missing in yourself or that she is the purpose of your life. Relationships are not quite like that. We can enter relationships that are intimate, practical, and intensely passionate, but all of us still have our own lessons to learn from life. You can never put off to the side the things you need to learn no matter how much beauty and love you find.

On the other hand, when you are clear about what you need to learn and someone offers to assist you in learning it, there is no need to be shy or hesitant. Isaphil has a very great deal to teach me and I intend to learn everything I can from her.

Another way to say this is that Isaphil seeks your heart. She seeks to fill it with peace and serenity, healing your wounds in the process. The difference between Isaphil and a human lover is that the peace and bliss Isaphil fills you with are the beauty of the oceans of the earth. If you feel comfortable with the energy of the seas and enjoy that natural peace, then this will not be a problem for you.

Technically speaking, everything on and within this planet is a part of ourselves. We just need to awaken to this awareness. As we mature as a race, the fury of a hurricane, the force of a pyroclastic flow, the solidity of a mountain, and the peace of the seas will all seem like something familiar and within our ability to control--even as a great master once bid the storm and the waves to be calm and still and they obeyed his will. Isaphil is one of the great treasures of our planet and part of my job is to discover how to share this treasure with others.

Let me tell you something about myself. In this life, I have had several very real opportunities to become a multimillionaire. The job positions were open. The training and skills were within my grasp. But what completely undermined that promise of career and wealth was my curiosity. Early on I could sense the unfathomable beauty within the natural world.

And so in this moment it is no mistake or chance that I enjoy sitting here in Isaphil’s company. In her presence, the wealth of satisfaction, contentment, and peace are more than anything I have seen anywhere else. A good protestant would point out that this peace and inner serenity are something I should have found by going to church on Sunday and worshiping God. But it is Divine Providence that has demanded I search out these treasures of nature and spirit so that I can share them with the world.

In this moment, I feel that one of the purposes for which I incarnated is near completion. I have found an inner peace, an inner harmony with the universe, and a union with the beauty of the seas that are as natural as breathing. They fill in for an emptiness and a sorrow that have haunted the human race from the beginning.

I do not think I am overstating my case or using exaggeration to persuade. Let me explain to you how this works. We middle aged men have been granted by God a unique dispensation, an authority if you will, that is of greater merit than church doctrine and orthodox traditions. After living half a century, we are permitted to ask this question, “What is missing from life?” Youth who rebel and old men who regret have not the same detachment and force of will to follow through in seeking an answer. Sometimes, like Milton, Hormel, Virgil, or Vyashu, we wax poetic and create great mythological kingdoms from our imagination in order to sketch the spiritual landscape in which our souls dwell. Sometimes we get it right and sometimes we fail.

But in all cases, whatever the strength of our vision and creative will, we are basing our search and our questioning on the same set of inner feelings--something profound and wonderful has been missing from human experience--there is some gift of spirit we have not yet sought, found, and claimed. Oh, we all know how to love. This is part of the human heart. But also within our hearts is an abyss that we as individuals and we as the human race must one day learn to cross.

Within this abyss are the creativity of God and the light of Divine Providence. Yet on first sight, the abyss is an emptiness so great and deep an individual must be willing to let go of all he or she knows in order to discover the treasures hidden within it. The letting go is also a way of finding something new you have never known, could never imagine or believe.

It is being like a child who finds a new flower, animal, or bird and delights in the discovery even though he does not know its name. Except forty years later having retained his sense of wonder, this child goes on to discover a new subatomic particle, a new kind of star, a genetic cure for some disease, or perhaps how to talk face to face with an archangel. There is no difference between these kinds of acts. I consider Isaphil to be a part of the inner landscape of the human soul. We will not be complete as a race until we discover such charms, secrets, and treasures found in the hearts of these magnificent elemental beings.

Inner Aura. Isaphil’s inner aura is very clear, pure, still, and sensitive. She is very feminine and extraordinarily receptive. A woman who is receptive in this way to a man increases the man’s awareness of his own power. She does this not just through her response to him but by also providing a balance and counterpart to his energy.

Isaphil’s inner aura is a receptive tenderness, kindness, and nurturing caring. There is no end to it. It is vast like a sea.

Part of a woman’s feminine beauty is in her acceptance and responsiveness to a man’s needs. An individual woman in part serves as a representative of the archetype of the Great Mother. The human woman provides pleasure, bliss, and ecstasy in small enough measures that the man’s identity and strength are not dissolved or annihilated by the taste and the touch.

In safety, the man can return again briefly as a fetus to the womb, taste her breasts as an infant, hug her as child, rely on her support as an adolescent, relate to her as a friend as a young man, love her as her mature lover, and also worship her when he discovers the goddess dwelling within her. Feminine beauty encompasses in the same moment all of these pleasures both sensual and spiritual.

Individual women, of course, are not required to embody any of this. They do not need to play a supportive role in relation to men if they do not want to or do not feel inclined to do so. But the feminine form is itself a symbol of the universe, of cosmic beauty, and divine receptivity. As a symbol, it cannot be exhausted. There is no limit to its depth, breath, and its power to transform, rejuvenate, heal, and restore. The feminine form, in its power to transform and offer ecstasy, will be with us as long as the universe remains.

My point is that Isaphil’s inner aura is an experience with cosmic receptivity on the astral and etheric planes of our planet. She is so accessible, intimate, and personal and yet also seemingly limitless in presenting the depths and mysteries of feminine beauty.

If you can let go of thoughts and the thinking process, if you can let go of your identity without feeling any loss, and if you can just let go without feeling any fear or need to hang on to anything at all, then you will find that this energy feels like coming home. It takes you back in the past where any need was unmet and offers you the tenderness you have never known. And it takes you forward “into the light” that is there when you have died--a feeling of total acceptance and of being beyond all need, sorrow, and fear.

Two Days Later. As I revisit Isaphil’s outer aura, it takes a minute or two and then I enter a state of trance. I taste again the depths of her peace. I feel like I am back in time looking forward at what the human race might have accomplished if it had understood and learned to embody this peace.

There would have been no need for Atlantis to have fallen. Power, whether military, technological, or political, would not mean the same thing. Power would be tempered by inner vision. The relation between knowledge and advancement in the outer world and in the inner world would have been more balanced. .

The pharaoh of Egypt would have been happy to let the Israelites go. He would have seen the fire within the heart of Moses and recognized its authority as greater than his own. And there would have been no need for Christ to have been crucified. The idea of sacrifice as enabling a rejoining with or reconciliation with God would never have taken hold. It would have paled in contrast to the idea of dwelling in God’s presence--

You make a place in the mansion of your soul big enough and still enough for God’s presence to take hold. You take thirty or forty years to build a cathedral, not in the world, but inside yourself. No need to hire masons, carpenters, sculptors, painters, and architects to glorify God’s presence through a magnificent edifice. It would have been so obvious. There is a direct, immediate, and spontaneous soul to soul connection with God and with each other that requires no expenditure of materials, labor, and effort. It is already there. You only need to sense it, feel it, and appreciate it for the wonder that it is.

And the artistic ability shown in the cave paintings in Spain, France, and Italy would not have been lost for thirty thousand years. Painting in perspective showing action and accurate representation would not have had to wait for a Renaissance to be rediscovered. Art would have been appreciated as embodying both scientific observation and magical awareness.

Here in Isaphil’s presence, I am redreaming the history of the human race. I am within a vision in which the human race has become enlightened and dwells in harmony with the universe. There is something here from each of the three water signs of the zodiac. It has the Pisces sense of oneness, of sharing equally in the one life that animates all beings. It has the Cancer quality of nurturing, satisfying, and living in peace and serenity. And it has the Scorpio intensity that says, “For some things to happen, you have to use your will.”

Some journeys that we take lead to the center of the heart. On these journeys, if you lose your way, you return again to the point where you took the wrong turn and then you begin again following after what is essential. You avoid the distractions and amazing experiences that, though captivating, are beside the point.

The treasure of spirit Isaphil possesses is perfectly natural and yet it exists outside of time--it is an eternal aspect of the human soul and heart. Having this treasure of peace within you, you do not engage life with less enthusiasm or productivity. You simply never forget amid life’s conflicts and struggles for survival that your inner spirit remains absolutely transcendent.

Isaphil’s peace is like the moon at night. Cycling from dark to full to dark again each month, the phases of the moon remind us of the stages of our lives. Unaffected by events on earth, the moon’s light is always gentle remaining constant amid its changes and phases. Isaphil’s presence is like this light. It is constant through all generations and yet its touch is always new--part of your personal and individual experience.

Some would say again that I am overstating my case. They would insist that undines, if they exist, are whimsical, perhaps sweet, but at the very least dreamy, frivolous, and idol. In fact, history would not at all be different if undines were well known by our artists and philosophers.

My response is this. To enslave a people, you must create fear. You cannot enslave a people who in their hearts are free. If the sensuality, the pleasure, and the dreams of peace that are a part of the sea dwelled within human hearts, the forms of persuasion kings and politicians used to rule kingdoms and nations would have been altogether different. If the people have no fear, then to rule them you would have to speak of building things of value that endure. There would be no room for deceit. People would see the dreams that are in your heart.

My point is this. Undines, though often sweet and given to celebrating enchanting love, are not without power. Their perception is direct. There is no limit to their ability to connect. And they have the unusual gift of sensing your deepest needs. They offer their beauty and their love as a means for dreaming and tasting with you the fulfillment of your needs. Empathy on this level is sacred. And anything genuinely sacred is always imbued with power and purpose.

I plan to continue working with elemental beings throughout the summer. I will keep posting my observations and experiences.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 7:47 pm

8O

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 7:52 pm

What? that is a journal of a bardon trained magician's meditations with undines. It is fascinating.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 7:55 pm

That's what I meant.

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 8:14 pm

Indeed. I spent my share of time scrying Isaphil and her kindred. knocked my elements out of balance quite handily. i still have not corrected the balance. that is in part why i am the way i am. changed me to and ultra receptive feminine male and not very caring about it overly much. instead i'm exploring it. for the time being.
Last edited by nuit09 on March 18th, 2006, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby charon2187 » March 18th, 2006, 8:16 pm

OK :)

I wanna be a mermaid!
charon2187
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 8:20 pm

http://www.geocities.com/ubarim/

Dialogues with Undines, Mermaids, and Nature Spirits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following dialogues with undines and nature spirits derive from my own experience and do not refer to any literary tradition. For similar material, see my home page http://www.lava.net/~pagios. Note: Istiphul is one of the eight undines mentioned by Franz Bardon in his book, The Practice of Magical Evocation.
Poems by Undines
Istiphul

Istiphul2

Exercises
A Meditation on the Sea

Istiphul's Touch

Essays
How to Meet Undines

Undines I Have Known

If Istiphul Had Even Been Revealed to Mankind

The Undine Isaphil
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 18th, 2006, 8:23 pm

of course the above is not my work. i am posting it because of your interest in the subject.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics