My god kicks more ass than your god....

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

My god kicks more ass than your god....

Postby makidas » July 20th, 2005, 11:39 pm

....well, it does! :wink:
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » July 21st, 2005, 12:18 am

Like, WHATEVER!!!
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby Play » July 21st, 2005, 12:53 am

Wha?! Have you even seen the money people give to my god?!
Play

Postby Mallic » July 21st, 2005, 2:01 am

If your god is allpowerful, why does he need people to give money to him?
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » July 21st, 2005, 6:41 am

My imaginary friend will beat up your imaginary friend!
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby isadora » July 21st, 2005, 7:02 am

Xenu is the be-all-end-all! And that is true because Tom Cruise believes in home.

GO SCIENTOLOGY! *trying not to snicker*
isadora
Regular
Regular

Postby drydreamer » July 21st, 2005, 7:13 am

Isadora, one of the many mistakes I have made in my life was to briefly get interested in Scientology. But even though I was only into that for about one month many years ago, I remember them telling me that there really isn't any God, and the concept of a supreme being (other than yourself) was an invention of men. How they get away with calling themselves a religion, I don't know! They only use their status as a religion to avoid taxes. Scientology teaches that YOU are basically your own supreme being, and you can do almost anything if you just get rid of your engrams. So really they are just telling you things you want to hear so you'll give them money. I'm not rich enough for Scientology. drydreamer
Looking for a hands-on type lady who wants my hands off. But switching is fun too.
drydreamer
Regular
Regular

Let's Make A (better) Deal!

Postby sandy82 » July 21st, 2005, 10:33 am

Drydreamer, you've probably heard the saying: the lawyer who represents himself has a fool for client.

I suspect that's true.

Drawing on that reasoning, the Church of Scientology's notion that a human is his own god.... weeeell... :idea:

Well, Monty, can I have what's behind Door Number Two instead? :wink:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby loadedkaos » July 21st, 2005, 11:26 am

That sounds similar to Satanism drydreamer except they pay their taxes. Probably the reason why you have to pay 100$ to join the church. That and they believe that humans still need spirituality albiet in a Jungian anti-christian way. I think the whole concept of humans being god has more to do with discovering the power (and when I say power I mean self posessive power and not power over although that could work occasionally.) within yourself rather than to pray to a higher power which people who don't believe in god would think is useless anyhow. Oh well do what you want in your life just trying to make a little statement.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » July 21st, 2005, 11:43 am

Makidas, your god may kick more ass, but I don't think he'd kick the new Module between Services and Voting. :wink:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby drydreamer » July 21st, 2005, 11:45 am

Loaded Kaos, I absolutely agree that each of us has abilities that we have not fully used or understood. But I don't think I can do ANYTHING; and I don't think I am any kind of supreme being (as in a religious sense.) It is not good for a man to worship himself, because humility is the backbone of society. People who are full of themselves tend to do foolish things because they don't believe in consequences. Also, I have said this before, but in case anyone here did not read that post, I will hereby reiterate that I am absolutely NON-religious. I am not subscribed to any organized (or disorganized) religion. I believe what I have seen to be true in my own life, and you are quite welcome to disagree with me. I have no agenda with anyone on the forum, and I will listen to anyone's point of view, because who knows? They might change my mind. Life is a learning process, and I'm in class. drydreamer
Looking for a hands-on type lady who wants my hands off. But switching is fun too.
drydreamer
Regular
Regular

Postby loadedkaos » July 21st, 2005, 11:23 pm

Thanks for the response drydreamer come to think of it I think it is more of a tongue in cheek refrence to the Satanic paradigm and to be more descriptive Satanist believe in rationality above all. A Satanist wouldn't litterialy think that they could atain godhood much more realisticly they would become their own authority atleast for themselves. I hope that clarifies things. Although it sounds like it I don't advocate or condone this point of view or religion in general. I just used to practice and am no ways an expert on it.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Play » July 22nd, 2005, 12:33 am

Mallic wrote:If your god is allpowerful, why does he need people to give money to him?

Thats a joke ;-) Thats my point.
Play

Postby Mallic » July 22nd, 2005, 1:14 am

HA HA HA HA! nice one Play, like it, like it.
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby babytroll » July 28th, 2005, 12:39 pm

Well my Dog will kick your Dog's ass.
babytroll

Postby OMGWTFBBQ » July 28th, 2005, 10:36 pm

Dude, is this from Totse, perchance? There's a forum there called 'My God Can Beat The Shit Out Of Your God'...
OMGWTFBBQ
Regular
Regular

Postby gurlbidesign » August 15th, 2005, 9:03 am

As much as I hate any association with Scientology, I am in the "I am my own god" side of things in as much as I believe that I control my own life. Self will is no more (or less) silly then prayer, burnt offerings, snakes, dancing, singing and all the other ways people have come up with to sway a supreme being into giving them what they desire.
The notion that the lord god of creation, shapper and creater of the universe expects the saturnine adoration of his creations, and becomes petulant if he doesn't receive that adoration is one of the more foolish ideas man has come up with.
gurlbidesign
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BillionSix » August 18th, 2005, 7:58 pm

Please. We all know the universe was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
BillionSix
Regular
Regular

Uh...?

Postby Ceot » October 11th, 2005, 7:09 am

Uh....? But Satan doesnt ask me to do anything wrong.
The voices tell me that.

Oddly enough Satan keeps asking me to do good things.
Like get my life together and help people.
Its really confuseing me.

But if thats what he wants......
I made my choice in who to folow and i,m sticking to it.
Just feel weird not pasteing plastic devil horns on my head
and going out to the grave yard.

You know if i,m so afraid of invisible things.
Maybe I should just listen to the voices that hurt me more.
at least they answer me when I ask a question while looking into ablivian.

Sadly that Dark Oblivian is my mind.
And i,m the one who cant escape.

But as to what god rules over all.
I say all hail to the nothingness that spawned whoever.
Whatever god, and sadly a thing like me.
If only it was an actuall religion.

Wait forget I said that....No put those books down.
AHHHHH what have I done.....?

(Fear makes us use make beleive)
(All hail make beleive, Its the new religion inside yourself.)
Always in mind. And sadly twice as strong.

http://www.niteflirt.com/memberpub/homepage.asp?homepage=1
Ceot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Alikava » October 1st, 2006, 3:23 pm

Scientology, the church of greed. What fun, di you know the creator of Scientology suposedly created the church on a bet. I found that funny. If I have offended anyone I apologize, but I think its funny
Alikava

Postby dumpertaker » July 18th, 2007, 1:14 am

Any God can TRY to kick the crap out of my God, but they might find it a tad difficult....

I do not believe.
dumpertaker
Regular
Regular

Postby VeryGnawty » September 3rd, 2007, 11:01 pm

WizDom wrote:
And oh, by the way, my gods don't need to kick your god's ass... my servitors would more than suffice.

My egregore can beat up your servitor.

CHAOS 4EVAR

Your dogma was run over by my karma.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby tnot » September 10th, 2007, 7:01 pm

all you need is love :!:
nothing in life worth doing is easy
tnot

Postby glitterjulia2 » July 18th, 2009, 8:37 pm

Have you seen the fsm lately? He totally has been working out.
glitterjulia2

Postby stephiebaby » October 27th, 2009, 10:52 pm

All gods kick the same amount of arse, none. They lack both the limbs and arses for an arse kicking contest.
And history shows us strategy will defeat any god on the battlefield.

"GO SCIENTOLOGY! *trying not to snicker*"

GO (insert name of religion here)! *trying not to snicker*. No religion is less ridiculous than any other religion.

"I remember them telling me that there really isn't any God, and the concept of a supreme being (other than yourself) was an invention of men. "

Well then, scientologists aren't entirely stupid, they got this bit right. And anyone who can ignore their own religion and study history and mythology will come to the same conclusion. Only those intrenched in a religion will be unable to discover this fact. BTW, the idea of the self as god is just another god invention of people.

"How they get away with calling themselves a religion, I don't know! They only use their status as a religion to avoid taxes. "

They worked the system designed by religious fanatics. They aren't the first to try it. As for the tax breaks, the wealthiest business in the world taught them well. If god existed the catholics would have more money than god, and all protected.

"So really they are just telling you things you want to hear so you'll give them money."

Yes, they learnt well from the other religions. Catholics have been doing this for centuries. Everyone is just used to their craziness, whereas scientology is a brand new kind of crazy.

"and to be more descriptive Satanist believe in rationality above all."

I have only briefly encountered this particular superstiton, but rationality seemed to be a claim they made rather than how they lived. The ones I met were far to connected (rebelious towards) christianity to be able to claim rationality? If you want rational you need to look to people who have no label, those who answer the question "What's your religion" with "I have no religion".

"Dude, is this from Totse, perchance? There's a forum there called 'My God Can Beat The Shit Out Of Your God'..."

It's not a new or unique idea, you'll probably find many similar ideas all over the net. I like the bumper sticker "My karma ran over your dogma". Similar.
stephiebaby
Regular
Regular

Postby JensDRK » January 12th, 2011, 5:17 am

JensDRK

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics