Let's Talk About Bush

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

Let's Talk About Bush

Postby makidas » August 4th, 2005, 8:49 pm

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden are pussies. And President Bush is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes, assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is, they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate, and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves, because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this. If we don't fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

http://www.votetoimpeach.org/

I don't like bush.
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby gregi696 » August 4th, 2005, 9:38 pm

....Herro...

Team America: World Police, great movie
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » August 4th, 2005, 10:23 pm

America! Fuck Yea! comin again to save the motherfucken day yea!
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby morrcomm » August 4th, 2005, 11:13 pm

Matt Da-a-a-a-a-a-mon! :wink:
morrcomm
Regular
Regular

Also, an apple a day....

Postby sandy82 » August 5th, 2005, 7:48 am

LOL, Makidas. I got a call from Crawfoot, about 15 miles from Wacko. The speaker said he didn't know much about NOO-wahns, and what did you mean? :)

I assured him you were a plant lover. And that you agreed with Lady Buzzard Johnson: "If evah-wuuuuun would plant a bush or a tree or a shrub, what a bettah world this would be."

He doesn't like the idea of getting impeached. He figured that was like being impaled...except that they use peaches instead. :wink:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby loadedkaos » August 5th, 2005, 12:54 pm

I thought bush was a pussy.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » August 5th, 2005, 11:32 pm

Nah, bush is definitely an asshole, that's why we need to fuck him.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » August 5th, 2005, 11:35 pm

Also, I think it's better when Bush is shaved, or better yet no Bush.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

ahhhhh

Postby gork151 » August 6th, 2005, 12:45 am

i dream of no bush
gork151
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » August 6th, 2005, 9:04 am

Awwwwww, makidas. Maybe we should lighten up on poor George Junior. 8O

Why not give Little George a gift that keeps on giving?

A great big lollipop....for an all-day sucker.

And then let him pose as the Poster Child for "Intelligent Design." :wink:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Re: ahhhhh

Postby slavekaye » August 6th, 2005, 12:20 pm

gork151 wrote:i dream of no bush

I don't have one already :D
Master has given me permission to use this site :)
slavekaye

Postby missypuss » August 8th, 2005, 11:24 am

I saw an hysterical E mail the other day about your president... It was about five people in a plane with four parachutes, one of the five, being Bush .... The Moral of the tale was every country gets the president they deserve!!! You obviously had to see it to understand, but it was very funny and seemed to make a very valid point on your president.
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » August 8th, 2005, 11:48 am

Bush is talking to a group of students. He asks, "Can anyone tell me what a tragedy would be?" One student raises his hand and says, "If someone in this room were to die right now, that would be a tragedy." Bush says, "No, that would be a shame, anyone else?" Another student raises her hand and says, "If we were all on a bus and the bus went off the road and we all died, that would be a tragedy." Bush says, "No, that would be an accident, anyone else?" Another student raises their hand and says, "If you were on AirForce One and it crashed and you died, that would be a tragedy." Bush says, "Yes, that's correct! Can you tell me why?" The student replies, "Well it wouldn't be a shame and it sure as hell wouldn't have been an accident."
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Jerm » September 2nd, 2005, 2:01 pm

Makidas, LOL. Brilliant. Pure and simple, Bush is an asshole. Why do we have someone that sounds illiterate as president. I wish comedian Bill Hicks were still alive. Im sure he would have quite a few unkind words to say about Bush beta 2.0. Seriously, it's like we got the buggy, mistake filled version of Bush senior running the country. Don't even get me started on this blood for oil war we're in...
Jerm
Regular
Regular

Postby sandy82 » September 2nd, 2005, 7:18 pm

Makidas and Jerm,

You are being too hard on our hard-working, devoted, loyal Prezadent. And that ain't noooooo Bushllit !

Didn't he take two days off his five-week vacation because of the situation in New Orleans?

Generous and caring. At present he's wrestling with a big question: "What happened to the old Orleans? Did it have a hurricane, too? Maybe that's why we have a New one. Or used to have a New one. Karl? Where's Karl?"
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » September 2nd, 2005, 8:57 pm

Just a quick note, a friend told me that joke and I think I laughed for about 10 minutes straight and had a case of the giggles for about an hour, lol. In all seriousness though, I love our president....

Sarcasm? What's sarcasm?

I had a shirt made recently, on top it says I Am Bush, the middle is a picture of the guy, the bottom says, I Ambush. I have another shirt with a picture of Bush and Cheney and the bottom reads, Meet the Fuckers. That one's at Spencer Gifts right now I believe.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

bush rocks found on Bushwatch.com

Postby ljohns20 » September 10th, 2005, 10:20 am

My purpose is to offer a well stated opinion for as many Americans
to read as possible.

www.sfgate.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George W. Bush Still Rocks!
Stop criticizing! The rich man's CEO president is executing his job requirements perfectly
- By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist
Friday, September 9, 2005

Everyone is slamming poor Dubya. Everyone is saying, oh my God, he's more inept than we ever imagined, he has no idea what's really going on, he's oblivious and in denial and he pretty much let all those poor black people die in filth and misery, and he basically ignored the massive Katrina disaster for days before finally being pressured into cutting his umpteenth vacation short and actually taking action.

This is what they're saying. Kanye West was right, Bush doesn't care about black people, or the poor, or anything that doesn't directly serve his handlers' agenda or flatter his monochromatic ego or anything that isn't spelled out for him in nice simplistic pie charts and reassuring matronly tones.

And lo, the darts are slinging in from around the world, according to SF Gate's own World Views column: "Maddening incompetence ... reminiscent of a drought-stricken African state," says Britain's Daily Mail. "Can't get it together," says a major paper in Italy. "A plethora of grim tales of disaster," says the Scotsman. "Superpower or Third World?" asks the Spanish daily Noticias de Álava. Why did BushCo fail its first great national-security test since Sept. 11, despite having two days' advance notice of Katrina's wrath? asks Le Monde. And on it goes, the world's powers looking on in one part shock and one part disgust and all parts repugnance for Bush's rampant ineptitude and America's apparent inability to take care of its own.

But it's so unfair, isn't it, to attack poor Dubya like this? Just a little misplaced? After all, Bush has always been the rich white man's president. He is the CEO president, the megacorporate businessman's friend, the thug of the religious right, a big reservoir-tipped condom for all energy magnates, protecting against the nasty STDs of humanitarianism and progress and social responsibility.

He has always been merely an entirely selective figurehead, out of touch and eternally dumbfounded, a hand puppet of the neoconservative machine built and fluffed up and carefully placed for the very specific job of protecting their interests, no matter what. Repeat: No. Matter. What. Flood hurricane disaster war social breakdown economic collapse? Doesn't matter. Corporate interests über alles, baby. Protect the core, reassure the base, screw everyone else unless it begins to affect the poll numbers and then finger-point, deflect, prevaricate. All of a piece, really. Because Bush, he was never actually meant to, you know, lead.

So maybe it's time to stop with the savaging of poor Dubya. He is, after all, doing a simply beautiful job of kowtowing to his wealthiest supporters while slamming the poor and running the nation into a deep hole and creating the largest deficit in American history, all while his cronies in oil and industry and military supply and Big Energy gain immense and staggering wealth and pay less and less tax on it. This is what he was hired to do. This is why he is in office. Hell, the day after Katrina, Bush flew right by Louisiana and headed straight to San Diego to party with his Greatest Generation cronies. Reassure the masters, first and foremost, eh Shrub? Understood.

Is this not what we all expected? Can you reasonably say you thought it would be different? Just look. All major social services are being gutted. The Federal Emergency Management Agency is a joke, second in line only to the ungodly useless Homeland Security Department, which has become about as reassuring and trustworthy and humane an organization as a prison in Guantánamo.

The Associated Press reported that the Army Corps of Engineers asked for $105 million for hurricane and flood programs in New Orleans just last year. The White House hacked that down to about $40 million, even as it passed the most bloated and nauseatingly pork-filled $12.3 billion energy bill in recent history, one that guaranteed we'd be sucking at the tit of foreign oil and kneeling before Bush's pals in Big Energy for decades to come, even as more and more teenagers die in Iraq for Bush's inept and failed war. Yay politics.

Why didn't National Guardsmen from Louisiana and Mississippi march into New Orleans immediately after Katrina exited to take charge and keep the peace? Why, because most of them are serving in that same violent and brutally costly war in Iraq, silly. Fully 30 percent of the guard is stuck over there, along with 50 percent of their equipment. Yay Vietnam 2.0.

Why did FEMA chief Michael Brown wait hours after Katrina struck to timidly plead with his parent company, Homeland Security, for some backup, not to actually get their hands dirty but rather to help "convey a positive image" about the government's response to the victims? Why, because he's an incompetent lackey Bush appointee who was fired from his former job as head of something called the International Arabian Horse Association. Yay pathetic nepotism.

Just look. Senate majority leader Sen. Bill Frist, icon of hollow self-righteousness and the energy magnate's friend, has already leveraged the Katrina nightmare to argue for more drilling in Alaska, much in the way BushCo whored Sept. 11 to cram the Patriot Act down the nation's throat and make fear and xenophobia a national pastime. And let's not forget trusty profit-sucking sidekick Halliburton, which has already scored a sweet deal to help repair Katrina damage, thanks to the fact that the former director of FEMA is now a Halliburton lobbyist. Ah, war and death and tragedy. They are just so goddamn profitable, right, Dubya?

And then, the kicker. Then you read that Bush has actually ordered an official probe into the botched Katrina relief efforts, a formal federal investigation into what went wrong, which is a bit like a shark ordering an investigation into what happened to all the fish. Unless this probe starts and ends in the White House, unless it hangs Bush himself up by his monkey ears and dangles him over a river of toxic Louisiana sewage, it's merely useless and insulting and more than a little sad.

Let's say it outright. The truest measure of any president, of any leader, is how well he takes care of his own people. And Bush, well, Bush has done a simply spectacular job of taking care of exactly his own people -- the wealthy, the corporate, the extreme religious right, his core base of supporters -- while happily and fiercely ignoring, restricting, condemning, destroying the rest. Are you educated or progressive or liberal or alternative-minded or sexually open or homosexual or anti-war? This means you. Are you dirt poor and belong to a minority and don't drive an SUV and contribute six figures per annum to the RNC and maybe live in a flooded swamp in the Louisiana bayou? This means you, squared. Sucker.

Here, then, is the new American motto, as reimagined by BushCo: Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, and we'll let them die in a filthy and decrepit storm-ravaged American football stadium while our president languishes on vacation and ponders his oil futures and fondly remembers his good ol' days of getting drunk at Mardi Gras before going AWOL from the military. God bless America.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts for the author? E-mail him.
Mark Morford's Notes & Errata column appears every Wednesday and Friday on SF Gate and in the Datebook section of the SF Chronicle. To get on the e-mail list for this column, please click here and remove one article of clothing. Mark's column also has an RSS feed and an archive of past columns, which includes a tiny photo of Mark probably insufficient for you to recognize him in the street and give him gifts.

As if that weren't enough, Mark also contributes to the hot, spankin' SF Gate Culture Blog.

URL: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2005/09/09/notes090905.DTL

©2005 SF Gate

BUSHWATCH.com where you find the News you wont find on Corp. controlled news networks
ljohns20

Postby missypuss » September 10th, 2005, 10:35 am

And so say all of us...!
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » September 10th, 2005, 12:21 pm

ljohns 20,

I take vehement exception to some of the assertions in the article you posted.

First, Bushllit understands the situation of the poor. Both scripturally and practically.

The Bible says: "The poor, ye will always have among you."

B-t believes in actions, not words. How else can he make sure the Bible remains true...unless he keeps the poor right where they are?

The Bible says: "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they shall see God."

Why do you think B-t has flown over New Orleans in his 747--not once, but twice?

(Now, I don't mean to imply that B-t is God. He's not. But the Good Lord looks intently over B-t's shoulder. After all, He worked hard on this planet; and He wants to watch closely and protect his investment.)

On a practical basis, B-t also understands the value of the poor. He can't get Lynn(e)(e)(e) to ManImeanMammal his Crawford kitchen. And Dick refuses to open the front door when the ranch doorbell rings. Neither knows to serve from the left and clear from the right.

You see? The poor are not luxuries. They are necessities.

The second error. There's no excuse for such a mistake. The article above says that B-t is in denial. What a false, scurrilous, despicable, irresponsible, vicious, vindictive, irrelevant thing to say!

How can he be in denial about something he never knew in the first place? :wink:

- - -

Seriously, ljohns20, there is at least one thing objectionable in Morford's article. Here it is:

"Let's say it outright. The truest measure of any president, of any leader, is how well he takes care of his own people."

None of us are B-t's people. The notion is antithetical to American law and history.

He applied, via an established process, to work for the US Government. The citizenry, via an established process, hired him.

We are not his people. He is our employee.

We should never forget that. Neither should he.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby ljohns20 » September 10th, 2005, 1:17 pm

First the misspelling of his name it should read Bushit second in order for the bible to stay true we must stomp the poor into the ground and for this God is looking over his shoulder giving direction .

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they shall see God ' I take this to mean all Corporation's with giant profits along with bush will not see God but the Devil instead a close relative of his I'm sure.

Why do you think B-t has flown over New Orleans in his 747--not once, but twice? wanted to see where the new mult-million dollars condos
will be built after the rebirth of NO the poor will live just like the slaves of the past outside the city.

He applied, via an established process, to work for the US Government. The citizenry, via an established process, hired him.
We are not his people. He is our employee. How can we every have a president of the people,when Corps money paid for his election.

As for his being an employee, with his record with any other employer
would have fired him long ago.Maybe new career move close to home
animal control he has the background for it
ljohns20

Postby sandy82 » September 10th, 2005, 2:51 pm

ljohns20 wrote:First the misspelling of his name it should read Bushit second in order for the bible to stay true we must stomp the poor into the ground and for this God is looking over his shoulder giving direction .

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they shall see God ' I take this to mean all Corporation's with giant profits along with bush will not see God but the Devil instead a close relative of his I'm sure.

Why do you think B-t has flown over New Orleans in his 747--not once, but twice? wanted to see where the new mult-million dollars condos
will be built after the rebirth of NO the poor will live just like the slaves of the past outside the city.

We are not his people. He is our employee. How can we every have a president of the people,when Corps money paid for his election.

As for his being an employee, with his record with any other employer
would have fired him long ago.Maybe new career move close to home
animal control he has the background for it

Your quoting skills are superior. For a while, I forgot about Mark Morford and felt as if you had written his article. In any event, I give you lofty marks for the depth of your fervor.

Let me try this one on you. Should we all make up a hitch-hiker list and place Mark Morford's name on it? Soon, there may be no transcontinental passenger trains. Most will be unable to afford a cross-country car trip as the sole purchaser of fuel. Many people would feel uncomfortable on a long-distance intercity bus unless they could wear a tailored humvee while aboard. And Mark Morford is probably on one of those mysterious-origin, correction-proof lists prohibiting scheduled airline travel by dangerous persons.

I now understand why coats of arms were prominently displayed during the height of medieval battles. Otherwise, it was hard for some to realize who was on their side.

Have you ever gone to your school library and looked at old copies of The New Yorker? The magazine contains high-brow written humor with nary an emoticon in sight. And some of the best cartoons ever; there's one from the late 60s with which you might identify. The central focus is a baby in a straw basket on someone's front porch. The anti-war, anti-establishment mother is running away after having rung the door bell. Attached to the infant's blanket is a note.

"Keep the baby, Faith."

Right on!

Right?
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby missypuss » September 10th, 2005, 3:10 pm

Bush is an asshole..
Katrina proved this
Sorry Guys
End of debate.. :twisted:
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby ljohns20 » September 10th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Anti-war , anti-goverment , 60's hippie so thats my label

In the heat of battle yes you are on my side, but the time for debate is over America needs leadership now not a frat boy pointing fingers.
bush will never be that leader he is only a con-man of the highest
order
ljohns20

Postby sandy82 » September 10th, 2005, 4:23 pm

missypuss wrote:Bush is an asshole..
Katrina proved this
Sorry Guys
End of debate.. :twisted:

Missypuss, very clearly and succinctly stated. You have summarized the state of affairs perfectly. :wink:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » September 10th, 2005, 8:32 pm

I love you guys...;)
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Jerm » October 17th, 2005, 4:28 pm

Here is a great little website that gives you the oppertunity to make Bush say exactly what he is thinking. Great for a laugh... Let me know some of the funny sentences you guys come up with.

http://www.actofme.co.uk/bush_speech/bushspeechwriter.html
Jerm

Clearly the last and greatest frontier is the human mind.
Jerm
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » October 20th, 2005, 6:56 am

"Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired, go back to bed America, your government is in control again. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!" - Bill Hicks
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Uh....?

Postby Ceot » November 2nd, 2005, 6:26 am

Cant we just find a fucking female president
who actually gives a shit.

For fuck sake it would solve so much.

Next you could have an african american president.
Then finally have the atheist, but
not officaly atheist people's champion.

I ellect miss pussy.
At least she's honest.

I also elect myself....

Why -Because i,m a guy-....
I,m A Satanist.

And if they didnt get how bad their choices in politics were.
They surely will with me in charge.

My promise to my fellow Americans,
Is to have a female vice president.

Then get my ass impeached by
beeing as much an asshole as I can.
Then tell myself it was all for the better.
Step down with a smile.
Always in mind. And sadly twice as strong.

http://www.niteflirt.com/memberpub/homepage.asp?homepage=1
Ceot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby gurlbidesign » November 3rd, 2005, 5:56 am

All Katrina proved is that even local and state government is falling into the miasma of "The Feds should do everything for us." attitude. As for the rest of you who love to bad mouth the President, you have that right. I will respectfully listen to any who sent their tax rebate on to the DNC as they were requesting (We know how to spend it better then you do.) was how they put it I believe.
gurlbidesign
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Mallic » November 3rd, 2005, 7:07 am

I'm proud to be Australian
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby gurlbidesign » November 3rd, 2005, 5:22 pm

Mallic wrote:I'm proud to be Australian

Pretty happy about that myself, and equally proud to be an American who served in both the Army and the Navy to give all here the right to spout whatever nonsense they wish.
gurlbidesign
Mentor
Mentor

Re: ahhhhh

Postby Tangy » December 21st, 2011, 3:36 am

slavekaye wrote:
gork151 wrote:i dream of no bush

I don't have one already :D

What about Bush?
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby rustyrivers » December 24th, 2011, 2:41 am

Better one bird in the hand then one bush in the whitehouse
rustyrivers
Regular
Regular

Postby Haxsaw » February 7th, 2012, 6:11 pm

Dear friends,
I agree with a last comment. Many of you appear as pampered, spoiled children. I have been in many differing countries. President Bush had done a great job. A Liberal agenda of most narrow minded news agencies reported what they wanted you, the American public, to think. This, in turn, creates the majority of the hatred you feel toward your leaders.
Now that President Obama is almost done he, a man with virtually no political experience, did not do so bad a job. Again, compared to most every other country world-wide, America has the best. Just the fact your taxes pay for water services, proper drainage and highway maintenance is a big proof.
Some complain of facts: Yes, you have some unemployed. You also have many who do not want to work, regardless what job is offered! That liens on personal life style choices, not what U.S. President is in office.
I was watching, in amazement.... again.... as fellow Americans were striking. It was called peaceful protests. They were angered because those on Wall Street made too much money... as they claimed. It spread across your country and many broke out into dreadful rioting. Is behavior like this the U.S. President's fault? All have the freedom to choose what they want. America allows freedom. It seems to be not so much the President in office as it is the citizens who elected him being the blame.
Humbly submitted,
Haxsaw
Haxsaw
Regular
Regular

Postby qv » February 7th, 2012, 11:32 pm

Haxsaw wrote:Dear friends,
I agree with a last comment. Many of you appear as pampered, spoiled children. I have been in many differing countries. President Bush had done a great job. A Liberal agenda of most narrow minded news agencies reported what they wanted you, the American public, to think. This, in turn, creates the majority of the hatred you feel toward your leaders.
Haxsaw

...um, okay. First off, America had done a great job. And for the longest time, the 'liberal news media' only reported what was given them. In particular, Iraq was an example; first, reports were that Al Queda terrorists had Iraqi ties. That didn't pan out. Then, later on... oh, obviously it was nukes. And that didn't pan out. Then, it was obviously to get Bin Laden. ...right, fool me once...
...America as a whole may have done fairly well, considering, but that isn't the same. Bush did not have demonstrable positive long-term effects on the economy, on civil liberties, or on federal finance. That is a statement that can actually be examined for potential truth.
And neither of these paragraphs, might I add, are the result of 'the liberal media feeding us what they want us to think'. That implies opinion.

Now that President Obama is almost done he, a man with virtually no political experience, did not do so bad a job. Again, compared to most every other country world-wide, America has the best. Just the fact your taxes pay for water services, proper drainage and highway maintenance is a big proof.

...virtually no political experience? Eh, comparatively, sure, I suppose. Most every country worldwide, America has the best?...best what? I mean, compared to developing countries, yeah, we rock, but... Norway, man.
Ah, and btw, water services, proper drainage, and highway maintenance? Yeah, okay, so basically some of the most basic duties of governments dating back to Ancient Rome. Which means America's government is as efficient as the Roman's. Whoo.

Haxsaw wrote: Some complain of facts: Yes, you have some unemployed. You also have many who do not want to work, regardless what job is offered! That liens on personal life style choices, not what U.S. President is in office.

...workers that stop looking for jobs are not included in unemployment statistics. They're called 'discouraged workers'.

Haxsaw wrote:I was watching, in amazement.... again.... as fellow Americans were striking. It was called peaceful protests. They were angered because those on Wall Street made too much money... as they claimed. It spread across your country and many broke out into dreadful rioting. Is behavior like this the U.S. President's fault? All have the freedom to choose what they want. America allows freedom. It seems to be not so much the President in office as it is the citizens who elected him being the blame.
Humbly submitted,
Haxsaw

...yes, peaceful protests are hard to keep that way. The fact of the matter is, though, that when one can buy companies, then buy securities against said companies worth more than the company itself, thereby making profit whether it makes it or not... that's not adding value to the economy. In fact, it deincentivizes improving the bought companies, since you're profiting either way, so the lost capital is wasted, or at best recycled into other projects. They are killing the most basic tenet of capitalism: one must always have incentive to improve.
And as far as if it's the president's fault: no, it isn't, unless there are some executive orders I'm not aware of. But not everyone was to blame, either. There are those that choose to divide us, and unfortunately, there are those that follow the paths set out for them. Meanwhile, those that would use their freedom of choice are limited by the sheer weight of the two sides. But to say that's the way the system is is completely unhelpful; the issue is not what the system is, but what the system ought to be, and until we figure that out, unrest will be the order of the day.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby uw_onsterfelijk » February 8th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Some complain of facts: Yes, you have some unemployed. You also have many who do not want to work, regardless what job is offered! That liens on personal life style choices, not what U.S. President is in office.
I was watching, in amazement.... again.... as fellow Americans were striking. It was called peaceful protests. They were angered because those on Wall Street made too much money... as they claimed. It spread across your country and many broke out into dreadful rioting. Is behavior like this the U.S. President's fault? All have the freedom to choose what they want. America allows freedom. It seems to be not so much the President in office as it is the citizens who elected him being the blame.
Humbly submitted,
Haxsaw

I mean no disrespect but... you clearly need to look at the big picture more, finding your information from different "real world" sources.

Once you find the "red pill" you'll never fall for the "blue pill" fallacy anymore!
uw_onsterfelijk
Mentor
Mentor

Reply.

Postby Haxsaw » February 10th, 2012, 7:03 am

Dear U.W.,
I agree with you too.
Sincerely,
Haxsaw
Haxsaw
Regular
Regular

Postby Tangy » March 26th, 2012, 6:28 pm

sandy82 wrote:Makidas and Jerm,

You are being too hard on our hard-working, devoted, loyal Prezadent. And that ain't noooooo Bushllit !

Didn't he take two days off his five-week vacation because of the situation in New Orleans?

Generous and caring. At present he's wrestling with a big question: "What happened to the old Orleans? Did it have a hurricane, too? Maybe that's why we have a New one. Or used to have a New one. Karl? Where's Karl?"

Bush is The Air on a Woman's Vagina, :P
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics