What happens in the Lake Of Fire? Be Honest.

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

Postby neopie » May 21st, 2010, 8:19 pm

Depends on your church.

I think hypnosis and magic is against my church, and although i have no aptitude in either, if i would, i would just say: This was not in the bible. Some dude decided this. Thus, it does not count.
neopie

Postby mutatedbunnyboy » June 15th, 2010, 7:12 am

i always assume if there was a god, he/she/it put us here to live our lives how we choose, hence free will, its only the religions that imply rules and regulations, there no logical or imperical proof that our choices in life dictate where we end up afterwards, mearly the beliefs of the various religions, so if you're againt "God" then you're a bit screwed, since you're basically trying to go against a fictional character that may or may not exist. Pick a religion, then go against that, my personal preference is catholosism (not looking to start fights) just my own opinion.
mutatedbunnyboy
Regular
Regular

Postby stephiebaby » June 24th, 2010, 1:10 am

"Is trying to return back to becoming a baby again Against Gods Word?"

That depends entirely on what god you make up. Considering your desires, I would suggest making up a god that wants you to behave as you would like to behave.
If you mean the christian god, then yes, reversing the aging process either biologically or mentally would be going against god's plan/design.
stephiebaby
Regular
Regular

Postby whatsername100 » November 13th, 2010, 7:47 pm

stephiebaby wrote:"Is trying to return back to becoming a baby again Against Gods Word?"

That depends entirely on what god you make up. Considering your desires, I would suggest making up a god that wants you to behave as you would like to behave.
If you mean the christian god, then yes, reversing the aging process either biologically or mentally would be going against god's plan/design.

Look, there's people here trying to be civil, but if you are just going to insult other people's beliefs, then just don't post here.
whatsername100
Regular
Regular

Postby Jacoburline » November 13th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Your relationship with God, whoever or whatever (and if) He (or she) might happen to be, is entirely personal. I have often thought to myself that one of the biggest problems with religion is the way people try to squash down this being who, by definition, is "omnipotent," "omniscient," "that which none is greater," etc... into a narrow concept limited by the imagination of the human mind. In my mind, the will of this being is not really something humans have any need to understand, and probably don't.

But I digress... If you believe in God, then you are ultimately relying on faith. That is not necessarily a bad thing, although many people would argue that it is. However, because you are relying on faith, it seems to me that the best course is to simply feel for an intuitive sense. If your intuitive sense is that it is a bad thing to dabble in age regression, then it might be best not to. If your intuitive sense is that it is not a bad thing to dabble in age regression, then feel free to do so. My sense of the thing falls with the latter. Try not to let your sense be influenced by social conditioning, in any case.
Jacoburline
Regular
Regular

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics