do anyone here Read the bible still?

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

Forgot an Answer or Three

Postby Calimore » October 8th, 2010, 9:03 am

I read the The Bible, The Qur'an, The Talmud, Tao Te Ching, The Upanishads, heck, I even read Will Shakespeare religiously, but I don't see what any of this has to do with Erotic Hypnosis.

My belief is that every Path of Enlightenment is a personal one, so I see about 7 billion different religions being practiced on the Earth right now, each Path as valid as my own, each Journey unique. By the Grace of God I first found Enlightenment through J'shua bin Miriam, however studying his Words and his Teachings have caused me to delve into many other new Mysteries.

Again, all of this has little to do with Erotic Hypnosis, so I have to ask you adby, "Why do you keep asking about The Bible? Do we look like a Bunch of Theologians? Do you think this is a Seminary? Or are you just asking for Permission to hold on to the Teachings you Learned as a Child?"

If it's permission you seek, then PLEASE, Worship as you see fit - Hypnosis is a tool God uses in Churches, Synagogues and Mosques alike to gently Shepherd His flock to do what is Best for Them, as a Whole. If there truly is a Creator, then this Creator made the Trance Experience a part of Who We Are, making it a marvelous tool that can allow YOU to make significant Changes in your Life to Better Serve God.

Personally, I use Hypnosis to constantly become Better than I am so that I may Serve God by Serving Others more Fully. Like I said, it's a personal Path for me, so my Goals and Objectives are somewhat Private, but by the Grace of God I am becoming a more Perfect Tool to Fulfill my Purpose, whatever that Purpose might Happen to Be. Only God really Knows what my Purpose Is. Does the Hammer understand the Plans of the Carpenter? Would it Consult with the Architect on the best way to pound nails? No, the Hammer is merely a Tool that is used to Serve a Purpose.

So my advice to you adby would be to become an Instrument of God's Will by Giving In to it and letting It take you wherever God Leads You. To do that, you should Dust Off your Bible and consult with respected Clergy to help you Get Started, and then set off on your Own Path, seeking Guidance, Wisdom and Understanding from various Sources along the Way. I do all this as I practice my Hypnotism, for that seems to be MY Purpose in Life.

I sincerely hope these Words of Advice help lead you to your OWN Purpose as well, whether that Purpose somehow includes using Hypnotism or Not. You keep bringing up the need to include God in our Lives, whether it is something we think about. Well, obviously it is something YOU think about, so Just Do It and get more involved in your Faith. You really shouldn't be too concerned with the Faith of Others at this point, adby - before you point out the Mote in your Neighbor's Eye please think about addressing that Wooden Plank that's sticking out of your own.
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby Jeshi » October 17th, 2010, 12:00 am

tanyaslave wrote:I used to, but I grew out of liking fiction YEARS ago.

I read it once and found that it was really poorly written. I feel like somebody wrote a bunch of nonsensical stories with obvious morals to entertain people and when they said "Hey! Your stories suck!" They defended it with "Nonono! It's true It's true! I didn't make it up at all this really happened!"

In the same way that I always knew Santa was my parents(Although the logic at the time was "Santa doesn't come to my house because my parents already get the gifts themselves") I never thought the bible was supposed to be true. I thought of it on the same level as Aesop's fables and Old Mother Goose. Except they were poorly written.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby phryne » October 17th, 2010, 3:14 am

***Spoiler Alert***

The hero dies in the end.

I think it's a great piece of literature. It holds a lot of cultural/psychological archetypes which are great to know. Next to the Necronomicon, it's one of the most plagiarized story lines in history.
phryne
Regular
Regular

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics