Is this World Just A Kids Computer Program/ Like SIM CITY?

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

possibly

Postby MyVoice » December 21st, 2010, 3:29 am

I read just last month that one of the world's most respected philosophers actually believes there's about a 20% chance that we are all living in some type of elaborate simulation inside some computer.

Meanwhile, my simulated rent is due so I'd best get back to making some simulated cash before I end up experiencing simulated homelessness.

Postby ohyouknow » December 21st, 2010, 4:30 pm

One of the pool of stories in the Sim City 2000 newspapers was about speculation that the city was just part of a simulation.
ohyouknow
Regular
Regular

Just Curious

Postby MyVoice » December 21st, 2010, 10:07 pm

If your life did happen to be a simulation, with you being a player character in some ongoing storyline, what changes would you consider making to how you were "playing" your life?

Personally, I'm considering learning guitar while I focus on my short fiction stories. You can meet a lot of people and make a lot of friends playing guitar and romance novels can make you even more Simoleans than neighborhood store ownership. :wink:
MyVoice

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics