Mental Rewrite

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

Mental Rewrite

Postby AFA » March 23rd, 2011, 11:49 pm

[I’m not sure if this is the right spot to put this but it seems like the most likely spot. If not please move this to the appropriate area]

Greetings everyone I have been going through a lot of mental ups and downs laity (mostly the latter) which got me thinking about a very common story theme and request on yahoo groups that I would like to call the Mental Rewrite. Another name for it though would be the mental suicide.

If you aren’t sure what I mean here is a basic story synopsis: Subject is either abducted or seeks out a master or mistress. Said master or mistress then proceeds to use various hypnosis/brainwashing techniques on the subject. When they are done the subject is no longer who they used to be, they have forgotten everything of who they used to be leaving only the obedient/loving slave/pet/servant/etc…

Now there are various people out there who seek this out. There are also files that claim to do this. My question isn’t regarding if it is possible though. I am more interested to find out generally what you think about it. Is it ethical? If you have wanted this at some point why is that? Is it just because it turns you on or more? Even more interesting would be if anyone has experienced doing this to someone, having it requested of them/requested it , or has experienced it first hand.

I’ll state my own opinion after this has gotten going since I want to hear what others think first.
AFA
Regular
Regular

Postby Guuliar » March 14th, 2012, 4:15 pm

that would be mad science, but I admire your though process
Guuliar
Regular
Regular

Postby outkast1728 » March 14th, 2012, 4:35 pm

I wanna do this and become a whole different person with an all new personality.
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Postby outkast1728 » March 14th, 2012, 4:39 pm

I wanna do this and become a whole different person with an all new personality.
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Postby santesyu » September 19th, 2013, 5:54 am

Outcast i believe iam doing this exact same thing, is this ethical? no lol but iam the person who loves to see what happens. My journal has alot more detail on my current experiment
santesyu

Postby PowerHoden » September 21st, 2013, 11:47 am

If its within consent it is most likely ethical.

The problem is that such attempts will result in massive problems. You cant just override your current self. Even if you try and it will have some effects there will become troubles between the brainwashed self and the previous self. There will happen distortions and other problems as it is no natural development.

So sorry guys, but there is no easy way out if you want to change. Hypnosis can be a tool to support you about it, but the big steps you have to do yourself.
PowerHoden
Regular
Regular

Postby danny1988 » September 21st, 2013, 12:03 pm

PowerHoden wrote:If its within consent it is most likely ethical.

The problem is that such attempts will result in massive problems. You cant just override your current self. Even if you try and it will have some effects there will become troubles between the brainwashed self and the previous self. There will happen distortions and other problems as it is no natural development.

So sorry guys, but there is no easy way out if you want to change. Hypnosis can be a tool to support you about it, but the big steps you have to do yourself.

I dont think its ethical but I do agree with the rest of what you have said.
I always see stuff like this as one vs the other, yes you may want to let your new self take over your old/current self but you have to face facts you cant just erase years of development of who you are. Some of that stuff is not only importnant but also a key part of who you are and it may be my opinion but some things cant be erased.

Now thats not to say one personality cant overpower another they can, but yes you may want that now, but what happens and what you think will happen may be two entirely different things.

But what I believe can happen which would give you want is that your new self can heavily influence and become the new you if that makes sense. Your still you, you have all your memories but your not you at the same time. So you do get taken over your old self is not dominant anymore and this new self is dominant but has all your memories and stuff so in essence your new self and old selfs merge but leaving your dominant new self in control.

Lol I dont know if that makes any sense, but thats maybe what im trying to do with me atm lol.
Have a new self that is me but not me xD Sort of nearly had it before but the new self wasent what I wanted, this I do.
danny1988
Guru
Guru

Postby 0turner0 » September 22nd, 2013, 8:26 am

it comes down to a matter of agency - what could be more defined as personal property than the contents of one's own mind?
0turner0
Regular
Regular

Postby WME3 » September 24th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Its entirely possible to gain so many new ideologies and perceptions that can alter your sense of self, as well as how others see you.

However, you are still you. Even Influenced by others, (which you have been your whole life) the end product is still you.

Now is it unethical in bad conditions? Not if the person going into it wants the change.
WME3
Regular
Regular

Postby mtlscream » November 25th, 2014, 7:11 pm

I would very interested to know more and who knows....
As a sub, the feeling to give in... let go is amazing and the longer and deeper.

It'S more than just single role play.
Very interested
mtlscream2 on skype... or mtlscream@mac.com

Steve
mtlscream
Regular
Regular

Postby OxyFemboi » November 25th, 2014, 11:29 pm

I'm interested in this as well ... but I'm approaching it from a completely different angle.

I'm thinking more about a permanent total amnesia induced by hypnosis ... but the amnesia is only concerned with your personal history. You'd still have all the information you learned but you'd have no idea from where you learned it. You'd know what the concept of a"teacher" was but you wouldn't be able to remember any of your teachers.

So how would a person develop with all that learning -- knowledge that has no grounding in concrete examples -- but no idea of who he/she/they were?

Anybody wanna try this?
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Postby ProfessorPig » November 26th, 2014, 12:17 am

when i was younger i buried painful memories. the weird thing that happens when you do that is you still feel the pain from it, you just don't know why you are hurting and you have no recourse to resolve that pain. it also fucked with my short term memory to the point that if i am not actively involved in what i am doing i will forget it.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby OxyFemboi » November 26th, 2014, 3:35 am

[b]somehopper wrote[b]
when i was younger i buried painful memories. the weird thing that happens when you do that is you still feel the pain from it, you just don't know why you are hurting and you have no recourse to resolve that pain. it also fucked with my short term memory to the point that if i am not actively involved in what i am doing i will forget it.

Been there, done that, dealt with it, have the scars ...

Also currently dealing with some of that shit now ... PM me for gruesome details

I idly wondered why I couldn't remember much of my childhood ... me and my curiosity ... wanna give me total amnesia now?
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Re: Mental Rewrite

Postby Casey » April 8th, 2019, 11:54 pm

This is possible.. but it is not recommend... Everyone deep down has their core values and who they are.. if who are working with touches those in the wrong way it can lead to a total internal system collapse that can trigger you to implode and become self injuring and suicide or explode and harm others... Your core system and core values is your core and is you for a reason. We can change and alter things tiny piece at a time... My exist to suffer files push people quite a bit and my I am a Train program does as well.. but in the end you will still be you... you must not try to change what is not meant to be you... you can agree to change things one bit and piece at times.. but change work takes 28 to 200 days to become permanent and this usually is focused on habit replacement.. If it fun to seek this out in fantasy.. but I really encourage people not to seek this out in for real... This will cause you many issues if you push against your core values and you can be with the best trained and respected hypnotist.. but when you are pushed against the core... even they can not help you one your system sparks out of control in a collapse... it is not instant to rebuild it takes years and years to do so... ... But, if you can change things in a way without altering your core system... and have fun doing it... then it is not to bad.. but you need to be very true to yourself and make sure whoever you are working with this is well trained... and will be true to you as well.. and this is an offline in person type of work only... and with medical professional help on hand should you need it... so i really highly discourage people out of fantasy seeking this out.
Casey
Regular
Regular

Postby lillian1 » April 9th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Are you the same person you were a decade ago? Five years ago? Even a year ago?

I'm not, and not due to hypnosis by rather by the natural self reinforcing cycles that make up our lives. My perspective on it is that we are in effect continually dying and being rewritten, the fantasy tied to hypnosis some people have is just a more sudden variation of what happens naturally.
lillian1

Postby cloudstalker » April 13th, 2019, 8:31 am

There is often an additional wrinkle; the hypnotist destroys your personality, imposes a new, obedient slave in its place, then places an additional, fake personality on top, which happens to to closely resemble your original personality. So, you go around acting like you originally did, even though you are really a slave. And all it takes is a little trigger to make the "surface" personality go away. Really nice in fantasy, but we all know it is impossible

my trigger word is impossible i am a slave i exist to obey i have no will i must do what Mistress commands

and that's the end of that. Sorry to disappoint.
cloudstalker
Regular
Regular

Postby Casey » April 17th, 2019, 12:46 pm

We all naturally go through changes, transitions, and growths.. But when you push to hard against core values... this is where the mental illness and health issues come in.. For some severe depression, for other multiple in their personality.. or dissociation identity disorder.. I been there I know what it is like to be pushed beyond safe limits in core values and I do not recommend that to anyone unless you have a serious core value that is self sabotaging you want to correct that is a different story... but still.. any forms of core value change really should be done with a licences professional in a clinical setting... I push the limits with many works I release.. but if is something you freely want to change that is different as your core system wants that change... but for those whose core systems do not welcome to be changed and molded it can trigger a serious melt down... And that is where the implosions on self or others come in. Now, naturally working to change or grow specific parts about yourself or your personality can be done... Self improvements etc... positive wanted changes in oneself can be done.. with a lot of work and effort.. but total negative ones you need to be aware of and make sure you know yourself and are honest with yourself.. and work with the right person... I can not stress safety enough... I know being attracted to the dangers of things...
Casey
Regular
Regular

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics