Is the media trying to control us?

This is an area for the discussion of Philosophy, Religion & Politics. WARNING! Debates may become heated, Personal attacks or religious recruiting are not permitted.

Moderator: EMG

Postby morrcomm » November 10th, 2005, 2:16 pm

sandy82 wrote:I have no idea who Ms. Oblivious is, but I appreciate her efforts to expose someone who could do with considerably more exposure.

I hope to get with EMG and find out what rules, if any, now govern behavior on the site and whether they apply to everyone equally.

Yes, it's a shame I didn't turn out to be skot after all, isn't it? 8)
morrcomm
Regular
Regular

Postby sandy82 » December 3rd, 2005, 2:13 am

Following is morrcomm's selective quotation from my message of October 31, 2005, together with his non-responsive reply of November 10, 2005.

morrcomm wrote:
If morrcomm were to be believed, in its entirety sandy82 supposedly wrote:I have no idea who Ms. Oblivious is, but I appreciate her efforts to expose someone who could do with considerably more exposure.

I hope to get with EMG and find out what rules, if any, now govern behavior on the site and whether they apply to everyone equally.

Yes, it's a shame I didn't turn out to be skot after all, isn't it? 8)

Another out-of-context quote, above, from morrcomm. Those of you who know him have come to expect nothing better from him.

Here's what I actually said on October 31, 2005. The main point here is that morrcomm assumed a second identity without informing anyone-- not even the site owner. And then, when discovered, morrcomm didn't even bother to feign remorse, or to apologize to the site owner.

sandy82 wrote:
On Sunday October 16, 2005, at 1:16 am MDT, sandy82 wrote:Morrcomm, very interesting post. Many thanks.

After finishing the post above, I left the site for a little over 15 days. I didn't sign on again until now. During that time, I note that 81 posts were made--although multiple posts in individual threads are not counted separately.

I have no idea who Ms. Oblivious is, but I appreciate her efforts to expose someone who could do with considerably more exposure.

In the meantime, a Happy Hallowe'en to everyone!

And now, morrcomm, in your attempt to fashion an answer that takes the discussion off point, here's what you said:

morrcomm wrote:Yes, it's a shame I didn't turn out to be skot after all, isn't it? 8)

Where's your apology for substandard behavior? Any remorse? Any sense of wrongdoing? Any words of contrition to the site owner. Or is he merely another of the people you use?

With your track record for dishonesty, morrcomm, many don't know who you are. Most don't care.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » December 3rd, 2005, 2:31 am

Morrcomm is what is commonly known as a internet troll. Like morta1 before him, all he is here for is to cause as much trouble as he could get away with. Well, he didn't get away with it.

"Where's your apology for substandard behavior? Any remorse? Any sense of wrongdoing? Any words of contrition to the site owner. Or is he merely another of the people you use?

With your track record for dishonesty, morrcomm, many don't know who you are. Most don't care."

Sandy, don't kid yourself. You can ask this bastard for an apology all day long and all he will give you is a differant account. Of course no one will care. Thats what he counts on. The internet is the untimate smokescreen. Morr can fade away as many times as he likes. Like morta1, he has tried to start a flame war. Now it is time for him to piss off. Morr, just fuck off and no one will care. if you stay, everyone will care.

This behavior is not just cause for scorn, but cause for homicide.

Mallic (Left of center is right of left)
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Re: Is the media trying to control us?

Postby hailtheprinceofdarkness » February 24th, 2006, 1:40 am

Jerm wrote:Is anyone else sick of all the 'slight of hand' that the media pulls? For example is it me or did Katrina just give the media something to take our minds off of this blood-for-oil war. Don't get me wrong, I think that what occurred is a tragedy, but notice that almost none of the news channels are covering the war as much as they were. So we've traded one senseless tragedy for another.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the attempts at control and manipulation by the media. The other purpose for this thread is to point out and discuss devious advertising designed to manipulate us into buying crap we don't need. So come on people, lets hear some opinions and observations.

"I kneel and I pray everyday to my TV to tell me what's true.. ...Im surrounded by plastic and sunshine, it's just too good to be true." - 'Hollywood' by Floater (obviously sung with sarcasm)

AAAH! and here is where it gets INTERESTING. There were many attempt by the media to divert attention away from the Iraq war, such as the case of Valerie Plame. Her identity was reealed by none other than DICK CHEYNEY!

This cannot be reasonably proven without hardwire evidence, but all evidence leads to believe that Valerie PLame's case was to get back at her husband for releasing more proof that WoMD did not exist in Iraq
hailtheprinceofdarkness
Regular
Regular

Postby CuriousG » March 18th, 2006, 1:54 pm

The media is on occassion a bit of a circus.

However, it's foolish to pretend that it ever was anything else. There have always been highs and lows in information services. Right now is definitely a highpoint, as you can find information on any story you want. You can also find whatever tilt you want, but hopefully you'll stumble on some good centrist propoganda rather than anything else.

So, yes, the media is focused on getting information to people in a way that makes them money. That doesn't mean conspiracy or anything, just that they don't want their reporters to starve. That doesn't mean that good information isn't available, just that whomever is seeking it has more responsibility.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Previous

Return to Philosophy, Religion & Politics